Bring back Keno

Matthew The Great

I think in Discord i've repeatedly discussed potential exploits in Keno (i.e, pooball x 10,000,000, when the peak income from broken Keno is 500,000,000,000).

It's possible that Keno HAS been broken and it's been taken down as a consequence. There have been no official comments on Keno, hence it can be assumed that the removal of Keno is an emergency fix, which implies the discovery of a game-breaking exploit.

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Inst said:

I think in Discord i've repeatedly discussed potential exploits in Keno (i.e, pooball x 10,000,000, when the peak income from broken Keno is 500,000,000,000).

It's possible that Keno HAS been broken and it's been taken down as a consequence. There have been no official comments on Keno, hence it can be assumed that the removal of Keno is an emergency fix, which implies the discovery of a game-breaking exploit.

TL;DR: blame Inst

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Meh Imperfect said:

Remove Keno after I lost 500m into it? Outstanding move Sheepy

Don't worry, I lost 900mn lifetime on Keno. Did quite a few 50 million games as well. It's tempting to try to luck my way back, but I'd have an incredibly low chance of just breaking even. These days, if I'm in a Keno mode, I just stick to $1,000 bets. Quick and entertaining way to blow a million.

Edited by Inst

Love of my life, you've hurt meeeee
You've broken my heart and now you leave meee
Love of my life, can't you seeee
Bring Keno back, Bring Keno back, Don't take it away from me
Because you don't know, what it means to meeeeee

5 hours ago, Inst said:

yes it has 

I think it's time all money making via extra mechanics is removed for good. 

Recently people being able to crack it and predict outcomes was just the final straw. It's time for it all to go. 

No more dice, baseball, or keno. It's time. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Love you

49 minutes ago, AkAk said:

Smart people used math and broke Keno winning 100s of billions in the process.  The rest of us paid. 

Technically that's not cheating though, they're not taking advantage of a problem with the game (pooball-style cheating), or a problem with the server being rubbish (like the thing with multiple attacks on the same MAPs.) They're just being smart.

2 hours ago, namukara said:

Technically that's not cheating though, they're not taking advantage of a problem with the game (pooball-style cheating), or a problem with the server being rubbish (like the thing with multiple attacks on the same MAPs.) They're just being smart.

Talk technicalities if you want to but it's against the spirit of the game for sure.

I imagine it takes a lot of the fun out of things when you suddenly have 250 billion or whatever and you know you outsmarted Alex to get it. 

I don't really see the challenge in that. 

54 minutes ago, AkAk said:

Talk technicalities if you want to but it's against the spirit of the game for sure.

I imagine it takes a lot of the fun out of things when you suddenly have 250 billion or whatever and you know you outsmarted Alex to get it. 

I don't really see the challenge in that. 

Sorry? It is against the spirit of the game to...be good at the game?

well, once you beat the game, you have nothing left to accomplish....  Its always fun to look back at how you got to where you are,  when your story is limited to one event  it is not an epic tale.

Edited by Di Vali
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, namukara said:

This isn’t Keno simulator. It was something added to the side of the actual game that was exploited. Since it’s irrelevant to this game it’s being removed, the question now becomes how will the people who abused it be handled. 

I encourage those with knowledge of the exploitation to come forward, we already know most of you. 

• Upvote 6

scSqPGJ.gif

1 hour ago, namukara said:

Getting 250b out of raiding, or trade, or swindling, banking, whatever, that'd be definable as "being good at the game". Getting it out of thin air? Not so much. There was never supposed to be a way to be "good" at Keno.

Baseball was at least used as intended, even if it was scaled up to an unintended level of industry; Keno though? Na.

• Upvote 2