Gather Intelligence doesn't use a daily spy op

Raphael

Why would it matter? So many other useless spy ops people can waste them with & promotes cooperation sharing reports.

Edit: Thought you meant for defensive ops limit on a nation, but I wouldn’t mind being able to do limitless spy ops per day on others. Lol

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

42 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Why would it matter? So many other useless spy ops people can waste them with & promotes cooperation sharing reports.

Edit: Thought you meant for defensive ops limit on a nation, but I wouldn’t mind being able to do limitless spy ops per day on others. Lol

Ideally I'd like to see spy ops also be balanced to be less successful overall. I think it's way too easy to execute ops on people with max (50-60) spies. But this is more of a Quality of Life suggestion.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

Ideally I'd like to see spy ops also be balanced to be less successful overall. I think it's way too easy to execute ops on people with max (50-60) spies. But this is more of a Quality of Life suggestion.

I agree they’re very easy mostly. Should be harder killing spies as well.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

It already is the case that they don't count against the defensive limit.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Might as well make them unlimited the other way then, is pretty limiting the amount 

Why? I don't think that's necessary at all.

Them not counting on the defensive end prevents spy slot filling. On the offensive side, though, having them count encourages teamwork, coordination, etc. and also keeps information limited. If it didn't count against your daily limit, you could (theoretically) gather intel on every single nation in the game every day. That just doesn't seem right.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Them not counting on the defensive end prevents spy slot filling. On the offensive side, though, having them count encourages teamwork, coordination, etc. and also keeps information limited. If it didn't count against your daily limit, you could (theoretically) gather intel on every single nation in the game every day. That just doesn't seem right.

Or let people do 2 info ops instead of the other ones. Kind of limited for those, mostly killing spies & destroying nukes people can be hit with kind of an excessive amount daily. Whoever decides to start killing the spies first pretty much gains that edge for the war. Lol

5 hours ago, Alex said:

Why wouldn't it be necessary? When you only have two spy ops per day you're very limited in what you can really do with spies. Gathering intelligence is the main purpose of IRL spies so let them do it. It also doesn't directly affect anything in wars so there's not really harm in it, it's really just Quality of Life at this point because people have banking bots that can take your trade history/GDP/banking history/city builds and accurately predict your warchest.

To your second point, it would cost $2bil cash to run quick and dirty Gather intel ops on all 9200 nations in-game right now. Spy range also limits that significantly.

As mentioned above though, I think a global reduction in spy success rates would be a good pairing with a change like unlimited intel ops. Having max spies should make you feel a little safer than it does right now.

Guest PhantomThiefB
On 11/10/2019 at 2:58 AM, Alex said:

What's the daily limit on defensive spy slots? 3 spy attempts/successes? If so then lower the defensive counts to 2, make gather intel a free use but change it so it counts on the defensive end of things. This way you don't limit nations on their use of gather intelligence but instead have to be careful of how they use the op since it'll limit spying capabilities against a nation from the reduction to 2 a day and making gather intel use one of those slots but not cost the offensive spy ops a spy use. This should achieve more or less the same thing that you want by limiting things in a different way.

5 hours ago, SleepingNinja said:

What's the daily limit on defensive spy slots? 3 spy attempts/successes? If so then lower the defensive counts to 2, make gather intel a free use but change it so it counts on the defensive end of things. This way you don't limit nations on their use of gather intelligence but instead have to be careful of how they use the op since it'll limit spying capabilities against a nation from the reduction to 2 a day and making gather intel use one of those slots but not cost the offensive spy ops a spy use. This should achieve more or less the same thing that you want by limiting things in a different way.

I'd be ok with this or something like it.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, SleepingNinja said:

Making gather intel count as a defensive spy op would make spy slot filling de facto legal, and happen all the time. That would be near impossible to moderate (when is gather intel slot filling, when is it legit? You really want me to make that judgement call everyday?) and anyone worth their salt would get their spy slots filled immediately by their allies to avoid actual espionage operations against them.

• Upvote 4

Forums Rules | Game Link

On 11/11/2019 at 11:39 AM, Alex said:

Making gather intel count as a defensive spy op would make spy slot filling de facto legal, and happen all the time. That would be near impossible to moderate (when is gather intel slot filling, when is it legit? You really want me to make that judgement call everyday?) and anyone worth their salt would get their spy slots filled immediately by their allies to avoid actual espionage operations against them.

I do agree with this, but let’s not forget that spy ops can be used to hit soldiers or infrastructure for almost negligible damage too, and those uses DO count to the defense limits.

A much, much better idea would be something like changing the defense slots to account for damage potential; like everyone has 12 ‘defense slots’ but hitting aircraft eats up 6 of them, hitting tanks or ships eats up 4 of them, hitting soldiers eats up 3 of them, hitting nuke or missile takes up 8 of them, hitting infra takes up one of them, and hitting spies takes up the whole 12 of them (it really is ridiculous that an early lead in the spy game is just that insurmountable, and that would go a long way in fixing that particular issue).