Libertarian/Anarchist Nexus

True King

17 minutes ago, Marxalot said:

The difference between them is that libertarians generally tend to think that the state should be small, limited, and relatively irrelevant to the rest of life.

And that's why a vote for someone like the Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson is so important. Johnson isn't your typical politician in any real sense, so his views on some things like Social Security aren't likely to be a standard libertarian view. But he's pretty much the closest thing to what's left of libertarianism in American politics.

The fact is, if you're voting for the Libertarian Party because you want a libertarian, Gary Johnson is a very, very close second.

A related question:

What does libertarianism have in common with the political philosophies of Ayn Rand?

Ayn Rand did not advocate a "libertarianism" in the sense of the term you use. She wrote novels. Her political philosophy was a version of libertarianism, but it differed from Rand's in important ways. Rand's political philosophy was based on a "capitalist mode of thought," i.e., an epistemology based on an individualistic epistem

The Libertarian Party was kind of created as a joke. Although good they have access in all 50 States if an exciting candidates runs after the 2 main parties destroy each other.

1 hour ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

We also recognize ourselves to be in raid war with GOONs, although don't plan to target Coalition B as whole unless escalated to that.

Why even bother saying this? You know perfectly well how this works.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Why even bother saying this? You know perfectly well how this works.

Don't really have high expectation, but will stick to my word though on keeping it limited to GOONS up until the point they decide to make it a coalition wide thing. Up to them if they feel like expanding, but lol @ agreeing on any surrender terms ever if they bunch the wars together. ?

17 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

The Libertarian Party was kind of created as a joke. Although good they have access in all 50 States if an exciting candidates runs after the 2 main parties destroy each other.

Now they have to compete for the voters and all they do is give them the freedom to choose, because the party only represent those who want to vote for free thinking and non regulation. The Republican party does this by controlling the people.

What is the difference between a political party and a non profit corporation?

The difference is the people in a non profit corporation are free, but the people in a political party are not free. Political parties use taxes to fund their election campaign. When the taxes are too high the government will make you pay to vote for a different party. This is not a free market. There are only two parties to choose from and they control the elections. That is why they need you. 

2 hours ago, Marxalot said:

Now they have to compete for the voters and all they do is give them the freedom to choose, because the party only represent those who want to vote for free thinking and non regulation. The Republican party does this by controlling the people.

The difference is the people in a non profit corporation are free, but the people in a political party are not free. Political parties use taxes to fund their election campaign. When the taxes are too high the government will make you pay to vote for a different party. This is not a free market. There are only two parties to choose from and they control the elections. That is why they need you. 

In both cases, the people are not free due to the mathematical logic of the decision-making process leaving everyone that's not in charge without either power or upward mobility. Since that decision-making process is how decisions are made, and the only way out of the cycle is to decide to do it, there's no actual possibility of change.

Attempting to cause change by working in a way antithetical to the way decisions are made only forces the opposite decision to end up being the one enforced. It's the spoiler effect of FPTP, as you well know, and it's the single greatest weapon of tyrrany: the hope that taking actions against tyranny makes any progress against tyrrany.

3 hours ago, Marxalot said:

First people’s confidence in the two party system & corrupt media promoting them needs to be destroyed enough, people leave the major parties in mass. Also Libertarian Party needs a candidate with enough charisma or good ideas to really generate excitement behind their candidacy; where people from all political spectrums who favor personal liberty vote for them over the establishment candidates.

So what the Libertarian Party is doing in making sure they have ballot access everywhere isn’t a total waste of time at least.

Edit: Also I think Gary is alright. I remember when Ron Paul was running & I was supporting him was invited to be a delegate for Gary Johnson if I came to Vegas. Although I was supporting Ron Paul at the time & don’t think Gary Johnson will ever pull off a Presidential win.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

8 hours ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

Libertarianism doesn't actually exist. It's a paradox. Just say you want anarcho-syndicalism.

Corporate autocracy.

Or if taken to its only logical conclusion, state of nature.

On 11/10/2019 at 1:51 PM, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

First people’s confidence in the two party system & corrupt media promoting them needs to be destroyed enough, people leave the major parties in mass. Also Libertarian Party needs a candidate with enough charisma or good ideas to really generate excitement behind their candidacy; where people from all political spectrums who favor personal liberty vote for them over the establishment candidates.

So what the Libertarian Party is doing in making sure they have ballot access everywhere isn’t a total waste of time at least.

Edit: Also I think Gary is alright. I remember when Ron Paul was running & I was supporting him was invited to be a delegate for Gary Johnson if I came to Vegas. Although I was supporting Ron Paul at the time & don’t think Gary Johnson will ever pull off a Presidential win.

That's completely bogus, m8; you really need to learn how the mathematics works out to enforce the problem even when action is taken to solve the problem. It is possible for what you describe to happen, and it indeed has happened before, but the end result is simply that the shattered remains of the disintegrated party are swallowed up by the newly minted party and the surviving opposition party, and we're back to a two-party system once again. Meanwhile, if an effort is made to break the two-party system that doesn't completely annihilate one party beyond relevance, either by conversion to a one-party state or the complete replacement of the doomed party, then the spoiler effect occurs and the exact opposite thing happens due to the non-broken party having an intact voter base, thus winning in a landslide.

As for the media being corrupt, that's the symptom and not the problem: the problem is that it is an economic impossibility to avoid sensationalism, scare-mongering, and shenanigans.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

Wow. Great post. Let me just say that the Article Of Confederation was a libertarian/anarchist dream that gave the government no power. But as it turned out that made the country too weak and didn't allow the United States of America to form a formidable army to defend it self with. So wow. Would you look at that? Maybe it doesn't work. Wow.