The Silence is Deafening

Filmore

18 hours ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

As someone who knows how peace negotiations work - Coalition B is moving agonizingly slow.

It's quite clear to me that there is a lot of vitriol between the coalitions that predates my time here, so I am not surprised negotiations aren't moving as quickly as many people would like them to. While I don't particularly care for the squabbles that predate GOONS, considering how long this war has been going on I believe the fact that the talks are happening at all is a significant sign of progress. But to assume that the talks will neatly wrap up within a matter of days since beginning for a war that has been occurring for several months is either a sign of naivete or empty posturing. I already am aware that the purpose of this thread is the latter.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Guest PhantomThiefB
On 11/8/2019 at 3:33 PM, alyster said:

Roq is just stalling so he would have time to come with a new spin how to stall some more on actually presenting terms. 

Roq had some personal things he has had to attend to, he's been inactive on our discord channels as well for the past few days. Sometimes life comes up, sorry it's at this time but eh, shit happens.

1 hour ago, Comrade Marx said:

It's quite clear to me that there is a lot of vitriol between the coalitions that predates my time here, so I am not surprised negotiations aren't moving as quickly as many people would like them to. While I don't particularly care for the squabbles that predate GOONS, considering how long this war has been going on I believe the fact that the talks are happening at all is a significant sign of progress. But to assume that the talks will neatly wrap up within a matter of days since beginning for a war that has been occurring for several months is either a sign of naivete or empty posturing. I already am aware that the purpose of this thread is the latter.

I can still hear the crickets in my DMs ;)

os9LcJK.gif

On 11/8/2019 at 2:15 PM, Filmore said:

It's been 6 days since Syndisphere and KERCHTOG have agreed to surrender to Coalition B, and yet no negotiations have taken place yet. It's almost as if they don't actually want the war to end. For a while they have been making claims that it has been the KERCHTOG leaders that have been stalling negotiations, and now that it's their time for action, they do nothing. Hell Aragorn and Roq didn't even bother replying to those threads. So the question is, what happens now that the leaders of Coalition B refuse to negotiate any sort of peace? Will the alliances who are sick of war on the Coalition B side end up peacing out and risk being attacked like OWR and Carthago? 

It's almost is as if they don't actually want the war to end. Maybe we will see an alliance-wide surrender in the coming weeks or months, but that's a matter of speculation at this point.

A day ago, we were just waiting for the other two alliances to surrender and let us continue our work in the alliance. The alliance is pretty much in shambles right now and there's really not much that we can do about it.

Our efforts to coordinate the fight in coalition space with the remaining four alliances in the game have been unsuccessful so far.

The coalition as a whole is losing their focus, which is probably understandable considering how they're all trying to fight the same

11 minutes ago, Marxalot said:

It's almost is as if they don't actually want the war to end. Maybe we will see an alliance-wide surrender in the coming weeks or months, but that's a matter of speculation at this point.

A day ago, we were just waiting for the other two alliances to surrender and let us continue our work in the alliance. The alliance is pretty much in shambles right now and there's really not much that we can do about it.

Our efforts to coordinate the fight in coalition space with the remaining four alliances in the game have been unsuccessful so far.

The coalition as a whole is losing their focus, which is probably understandable considering how they're all trying to fight the same

You sort of got caught in the middle of a war that isn't really yours. I hope you get the time and space to return to building your alliance and realizing its potential relatively soon.

• Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

2 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

You sort of got caught in the middle of a war that isn't really yours. I hope you get the time and space to return to building your alliance and realizing its potential relatively soon.

I've just started the game as well, but I've been playing for about a month. I'm new to pnw, and this is my first time going on a fleet. I think it's very interesting to see new faces in the game, so I'll definitely be a part of your fleets.

It is interesting to watch alliances change and what they do in their new alliances. It's like watching the game of chess. I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming up. I'm not sure what it'll be yet, but we will see.

1 minute ago, Marxalot said:

I've just started the game as well, but I've been playing for about a month. I'm new to pnw, and this is my first time going on a fleet. I think it's very interesting to see new faces in the game, so I'll definitely be a part of your fleets.

It is interesting to watch alliances change and what they do in their new alliances. It's like watching the game of chess. I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming up. I'm not sure what it'll be yet, but we will see.

This might be a cultural thing, but I genuinely don't know the definition of "fleet" in this context. Is that a term used for SA/GOONS invasions?

os9LcJK.gif

6 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

This might be a cultural thing, but I genuinely don't know the definition of "fleet" in this context. Is that a term used for SA/GOONS invasions?

The only thing I can think of is that it means a big group of people from a particular group that have decided to go on a raid and the people doing it, because I'm pretty sure a guild of SA guilds have already raided this way and they can all be counted as one.

I have been in and around the scene for a good bit and have never seen anyone say "invasion" or "fleet" when referring to the SA/GOON invasion

Anti-memesphere has spent the past week complaining about procedure and semantics rather than accept any terms we presented them. The only term they've accepted so far is that they lost the war and that took 4 months so we'll probably be in negotiations for another 5 years at this rate.

• Downvote 3

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Just now, Malal said:

Anti-memesphere has spent the past week complaining about procedure and semantics rather than accept any terms we presented them. The only term they've accepted so far is that they lost the war and that took 4 months so we'll probably be in negotiations for another 5 years at this rate.

Nevermind the fact that you only agreed among yourselves on one of ten categories and called a 24 hour recess after.  It's totally there fault.

• Upvote 1

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

7 minutes ago, Marxalot said:

The only thing I can think of is that it means a big group of people from a particular group that have decided to go on a raid and the people doing it, because I'm pretty sure a guild of SA guilds have already raided this way and they can all be counted as one.

I have been in and around the scene for a good bit and have never seen anyone say "invasion" or "fleet" when referring to the SA/GOON invasion

Ah, an invasion alliance is a term for a large group of players joining a game like this and forming a new alliance (which instantly alters that games political dynamic by virtue of their numbers). There've been more of those throughout PW's time. Some succesful (like NPO and to a lesser extent a few other alliances who "invaded" en masse from PW) and some less so. I personally consider GOONS an invasion alliance by virtue of that definition, without any intended negative connotation ;).

I guess the "fleet" term reminded me of that, so I wondered if it was interchangeable.

os9LcJK.gif

Just now, James II said:

Nevermind the fact that you only agreed among yourselves on one of ten categories and called a 24 hour recess after.  It's totally there fault.

After several hours of arguing semantics and attacking the process, we can get frustrated with the attitudes of our enemies. If they were a bit more polite and willing to move forward rather than spending literal hours in a circular argument perhaps things could move forward at a more speedy pace.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

2 minutes ago, Malal said:

As an official coalition B negotiator, can you confirm whether this is your coalition's official stance?

Just now, Malal said:

After several hours of arguing semantics and attacking the process, we can get frustrated with the attitudes of our enemies. If they were a bit more polite and willing to move forward rather than spending literal hours in a circular argument perhaps things could move forward at a more speedy pace.

This too, please.

os9LcJK.gif

8 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

As an official coalition B negotiator, can you confirm whether this is your coalition's official stance?

This too, please.

If your government is curious on our official stance they're free to contact us. It's a waste of time for us to constantly answer the questions of random unimportant members such as yourself.

• Downvote 1

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Just now, Malal said:

If your government is curious on our official stance they're free to contact us. It's a waste of time for us to constantly answer the questions of random unimportant members such as yourself.

Multiple governments within your coalition, including the officially appointed representatives to whom I was referred by your coalition, as well as our own allies who are a part of your coalition have been informed a while ago that I am empowered as interim FA in Sisy's absence.

I have also inquired on multiple occasions, with multiple officials.

I am fairly certain you knew this already, and opted to go with "casual troll response #4". Are we going to get serious now?

os9LcJK.gif

1 minute ago, Prefonteen said:

Multiple governments within your coalition, including the officially appointed representatives to whom I was referred by your coalition, as well as our own allies who are a part of your coalition have been informed a while ago that I am empowered as interim FA in Sisy's absence.

I have also inquired on multiple occasions, with multiple officials.

I am fairly certain you knew this already, and opted to go with "casual troll response #4". Are we going to get serious now?

Prefontaine is in yarr though, you can't trick me.

• Haha 2

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

17 minutes ago, Malal said:

I am sure everyone has encountered someone who just won't leave you alone. I know I have and that's something I'm trying to get over, I guess. It's like the old saying "when someone says 'shut up' it's time to talk." Sometimes it's just time to talk.

So we're at the point in the conversation where my wants to leave. "Let's just finish our discussion over coffee, we can have a better conversation on Friday."

"I think you're wrong about that," I say and push him away. "I don't think we should have a conversation on Friday.

2 minutes ago, Epi said:

24 hours is pretty mild. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 3 months if we'd let Bourhan or Underlord be the only negotiators. 

I had higher hopes for earnest (early) discussions after we briefly spoke in private prior to this, Epi ;)

os9LcJK.gif