The Silence is Deafening

Filmore

3 hours ago, Filmore said:

Will the alliances who are sick of war on the Coalition B side end up peacing out and risk being attacked like OWR and Carthago? 

They just have to give 6+ days of beige to KCHRHSDFIDSBGDSPIBSDFIDSTOG and Syndisphere and then leave all together

I'm actually curious to when people from Chaos/Ketog started "moaning" about the war compared to when these select alliances started "moaning" about the war.  I understand that there's a possible discrepancy regarding the fact some may have fought on a different side beforehand, however, I would say there's a discrepancy regarding their actual "fighting" they actually did compared to similar tiered alliances.  Not to mention, Ketog/Chaos have done it longer and I don't really recall them complaining as much about it but perhaps my memory is foggy.  I certainly don't remember them complaining this soon, but I might be foggy about this as well like I said earlier so who knows.

If I was to put it simple, I would argue that certain alliances that did fight before had "easy" schedules and are complaining while others had "hard" schedules and continue fighting without complaining.  Sort of puts into perspective who are the real McCoy and who are not imo.

I put "moaning" in quotes because that could easily be seen by different people as different ways, so it's not exactly a one size fits all thing.  I would definitely count this OP as moaning though, I don't think any reasonable person would disagree lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

gog-forum-size-regs.png

4 minutes ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

As someone who knows how peace negotiations work - Coalition B is moving agonizingly slow.

I don't think anyone is moaning about fighting. It's more frustration that multiple threads got to 30+ pages on the debate that KERCHTOG had to admit defeat and agree to surrender before peace talks would begin - now that condition has been met, there's been "minimal contact" and no real progress almost a full seven days later.

The OP has technically been fighting us for a severely limited amount of time compared to other combatants yet he's complaining about the lack of peace.  That's the point.  KERCHTOG is a separate entity, it has nothing to do with their side fighting.  There are ongoing talks with that side since the first term has been met, so it's not really factual there's no real progress.  There is progress, despite if it's not as much that was desired from them.  Progress is still progress.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

gog-forum-size-regs.png

8 hours ago, Keegoz said:

Well there is some sort of negotiating happening on our side but you're correct about Syndisphere having no negotiations take place.

Can anyone point to when Syndisphere was offered the peace deal KERCHOGG was? I can’t.  

Edited by Aragorn, son of Arathorn
  • Downvote 7

I don't know how this works but I *really* like war and couldn't fathom why anyone would  be sick of war. 

Please keep fighting XD 

This game is already stale enough. Why make it worse by opting out of the war feature? 

Peace is overrated; there'a barely anything else in this game; same old *Resources.* 

If the game had cuter art, more people would play. Right now the only entertaining feature are the War features (besides trading the same old 12 resources over and over.) 

this is my own opinion and I'm sad to hear that some people are actually considering Peace Offers. So, that means no more raids of players in alliances and everyone has to go back to fighting "None" alliances? :<

once you're above a simple city level (like 20,) targets in "no alliance" simply do not exist <.<;;

#rantover

Edited by Yuno
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

1 hour ago, Yuno said:

I don't know how this works but I *really* like war and couldn't fathom why anyone would  be sick of war. 

Please keep fighting XD 

This game is already stale enough. Why make it worse by opting out of the war feature? 

Peace is overrated; there'a barely anything else in this game; same old *Resources.* 

If the game had cuter art, more people would play. Right now the only entertaining feature are the War features (besides trading the same old 12 resources over and over.) 

this is my own opinion and I'm sad to hear that some people are actually considering Peace Offers. So, that means no more raids of players in alliances and everyone has to go back to fighting "None" alliances? :<

once you're above a simple city level (like 20,) targets in "no alliance" simply do not exist <.<;;

#rantover

Why would you hit "no alliance" targets? You get MUCH more salt out of someone from a pixelhugger coalition.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Yuno said:

Please keep fighting XD 

#rantover

Your problems seem to be more NPO focused, then general focused. 
If you believe war is the best thing about the game, then join an raiding alliance, like Arrgh. 
There even less extreme raiding alliance out there, that allow raiding of some alliances instead of mostly all, in peace time. 

This game have other play styles, if you getting bored in NPO then try another alliance(after the war).
It not like we locked down in the first alliance we joined.  
Else try an alliance that have less taxes, so you have more economic freedom, that give you another field to play around with. 
Or you can try to become part of the goverment of an alliance, and i will guarantee you, that you will have more things to do, then you have time for. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

tenor (1).gif

1 hour ago, Zim said:

Your problems seem to be more NPO focused, then general focused. 
If you believe war is the best thing about the game, then join an raiding alliance, like Arrgh. 
There even less extreme raiding alliance out there, that allow raiding of some alliances instead of mostly all, in peace time. 

This game have other play styles, if you getting bored in NPO then try another alliance(after the war).
It not like we locked down in the first alliance we joined.  
Else try an alliance that have less taxes, so you have more economic freedom, that give you another field to play around with. 
Or you can try to become part of the goverment of an alliance, and i will guarantee you, that you will have more things to do, then you have time for. 

I considered it since I love Raiding alliances' style ^_^

Nah, not bored *yet*; NPO is active-warring rn.....tbh, maybe if they ban me from attacking alliance nations postwar i'll have to do something else like your suggestion  :< in that case you'd be right (have to find those raids somewhere)  For now, currently things are fine I guess. 

--------

(Just read up and like the Others said, negotiation isn't overnight)

Edited by Yuno

18 minutes ago, Yuno said:

'll have to do something else like your suggestion  :<

And take Marina with you :v uh i mean, if yous get fired/banned ofc..ofc

Edited by Charnel
  • Haha 1

Niflheimr%20riki.png

11 hours ago, Seeker said:

The OP has technically been fighting us for a severely limited amount of time compared to other combatants yet he's complaining about the lack of peace.  That's the point.  KERCHTOG is a separate entity, it has nothing to do with their side fighting.  There are ongoing talks with that side since the first term has been met, so it's not really factual there's no real progress.  There is progress, despite if it's not as much that was desired from them.  Progress is still progress.

Typically once a tangible desire for surrender is seen, the peace talks begin within a reasonable time frame.

The world is eager for peace, not just the two coalitions.

1 hour ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

Typically once a tangible desire for surrender is seen, the peace talks begin within a reasonable time frame.

The world is eager for peace, not just the two coalitions.

Maybe, maybe not ?‍♀️

20 hours ago, Filmore said:

So the question is, what happens now that the leaders of Coalition B refuse to negotiate any sort of peace? Will the alliances who are sick of war on the Coalition B side end up peacing out and risk being attacked like OWR and Carthago? 

The answer: NPO!/Coalition B can afford to play negotiation games like this. It's a classic tactic to get the other side to practically beg them for peace. Which Coaliton A isn't going to do. Coalition A posted surrender as a way to show up Coalition B as unrelenting. It's a great way to assassinate their public image (which is already tattered). 

Tl;dr

Responding now would make them look weak and petty to their constituents so they choose not to respond.

Edited by Deulos