So why hasn’t the war ended

Kastor

Hmm, I wonder if the terms aren't as simple as Sphinx was saying last week or whenever it was?

I, for one, would be SHOCKED if they were fibbing when they said all the other side had to do was admit defeat and then terms would be revealed. 

Sphinx said this earlier on Seb's Peace thread:

we've already shot down numerous false claims regarding possible terms Colo B might want. Nothing we've had in mind deviates from any previously established peace terms after great wars. 

Edited by AkAk
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 丂ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™ said:

Because Im still in VM. Once I return the Kali Yuga that P/W is experiencing ends.

Probably the most sane explanation at this point

• Haha 1

2016/04/26 –

mIjXiMx.gif

Unreleased Bad Company advert, circa 2018

The admission of defeat post or whatever it was began the process of peace talks. Peace talks can go for a month or two. That's what happened in Knightfall, if I'm not mistaken. The post was just the beginning of the process.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Tarroc said:

The admission of defeat post or whatever it was began the process of peace talks. Peace talks can go for a month or two. That's what happened in Knightfall, if I'm not mistaken. The post was just the beginning of the process.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but have peace talks even started yet? I know IQ had a ridiculous self implemented policy of "negotiations happen on the 1st each month", and where the surrender posts were posted on November 2nd, I'm curious to know if IQ has even bothered to start with negotiations. 

1 hour ago, Tarroc said:

Would you know if, just like in Knightfall,  the terms will be made public(while the war still rages on) to neutral parties as well as the warring ones? 

I'm sure this is of interest to neutral parties like Farksphere, Ad Astra, etc. 

39 minutes ago, Mr. Goober said:

Would you know if, just like in Knightfall,  the terms will be made public(while the war still rages on) to neutral parties as well as the warring ones? 

I'm sure this is of interest to neutral parties like Farksphere, Ad Astra, etc. 

I can neither confirm nor deny. I don't know.

3 hours ago, Kastor said:

Someone tell me.

Negotiations always take a while :P

53 minutes ago, Mr. Goober said:

Would either of you be able to answer the question? 

From what I can discern, the Knightfall negotiations is the standard bearer of how not to hold a peace negotiations, and thanks to the behaviour of folks during that, you'd find very little traction to return to anything that is similar to it. 

7 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

Negotiations always take a while :P

From what I can discern, the Knightfall negotiations is the standard bearer of how not to hold a peace negotiations, and thanks to the behaviour of folks during that, you'd find very little traction to return to anything that is similar to it. 

So will the terms be shown to neutral parties as well, or what's up?

4 hours ago, Filmore said:

After attacking former coalition members such as TFP, OWR, and Carthago just to name a few, they've made it quite clear that they don't care about their public perception. 

At least BK spehre hit them when they weren't tied to their sphere, meanwhile someone else...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Kastor said:

Someone tell me.

Because the first term was that all KERCHTOG nations will have to pass the NNN challenge. You can imagine how many failed. So yes the war will continue.

Lets be honest Coalition B does not have to present terms nor even be in the peace talks channel. It's not the losers right to dictate the time of peace. Nonetheless I'd really like to see if BK or NPO have the balls to admit they want to keep the war going. 

On 11/9/2019 at 5:57 AM, AkAk said:

Hmm, I wonder if the terms aren't as simple as Sphinx was saying last week or whenever it was?

I, for one, would be SHOCKED if they were fibbing when they said all the other side had to do was admit defeat and then terms would be revealed. 

Sphinx said this earlier on Seb's Peace thread:

The quote you referenced from me contradicts your own statement, I never implied things would be set in stone, I simply said the terms wouldn't have any major deviation from previous peaces. However I've taken a step back from the talks, another TCW gov member is filling in for me whilst I finish my Masters degree, and another person has also taken over writing up the document for our terms for peace, where we allowed all Colo B alliances the chance to include their terms for discussion in the peace talks. While I've been out of the loop on a few things I've tried to drop by as best I can whenever I can afford the time. You also would know that talks are not something the other-side agrees to off the bat. Our side has laid out the way we intend to conduct the talks, and have provided the first article for consideration once your side accepts that or an agreement upon it is made then we'll move to the 2nd article and so on.

Anyway gotta get back to writing my thesis, and final assignments, Rome is calling! (I'm doing a Master of Ancient History, if you're curious)

2 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Our side has laid out the way we intend to conduct the talks, and have provided the first article for consideration once your side accepts that or an agreement upon it is made then we'll move to the 2nd article and so on.

Totally not trying to have the war end post winter

• Haha 1