Nation turned on Vacation Mode to avoid Raid losses

dragonshardz

Nation Link: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=142108

Ruler Name: Koss

Nature of Violation: This player who has been inactive since February 5 2019 immediately put themselves into Vacation Mode upon my declaration of war against them to avoid losing money or infrastructure. This is against the game rules.

ItQfNLK.png

• Downvote 1

i2FSAiF.gif

1 hour ago, Mr. Goober said:

Not how it works. He was auto VMed. By the game, because he has been MIA for so long. 

Then how could I declare war on him, hmm? He sure as shit wasn't vacationed when I did that.

• Downvote 2

i2FSAiF.gif

23 minutes ago, dragonshardz said:

Then how could I declare war on him, hmm? He sure as shit wasn't vacationed when I did that.

Because you probably hit before day change because auto vm occurs when a nation goes inactive for (x) days.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Look up to the sky above~

4 hours ago, REAP3R said:

Because you probably hit before day change because auto vm occurs when a nation goes inactive for (x) days.

You mean to tell me that it takes eight months to be auto-Vacationed, and that Vacationing doesn't invalidate any wars upon the Vacationed user, and that the auto-Vacationing doesn't happen concurrently with turn processing, and that the game checks to see if someone should be auto-Vacationed after war were declared? That'd be a special level of ineptitude on Alex's part, don't you think?

3 hours ago, El Che-kun said:

Since you declared, you should be able to attack even if he is in Vacation Mode.

Yes, but as my war declaration is a Raid, I attacked with the express intent of draining funds from that nation. With them in Vacation Mode, somehow, I get precisely no dollars from my attacks.

3 hours ago, Madden8021 said:

I checked 5HppQB0.png

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=541422

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=541419

Seems to be telling the Truth. I'm gonna guess that these two users from GOONS found an Exploit to declare war on a VM Nation since you can't make War Declares on VM Nations.

What you're talking about is a bug, not an exploit, since attacking this guy who is in Vacation Mode does nothing for me except cost me money to replace the soldiers who trip and break their necks attacking an undefended nation for no reward. However, if we assume even minimal competence on Alex's part, I shouldn't have been able to attack this guy at all. if vmode=1, then wars_allowed=0; easy stuff. So the next most reasonable option is someone who likes to see Number Go Up is somehow managing to proc Vacation Mode to protect his dollars.

TL;DR: GIMME DA LOOT, GIMME DA LOOT, GIMME DA LOOT!

Edited by dragonshardz
  • Downvote 1

i2FSAiF.gif

When one nation is inactive for a certain period of time and gets declared on, its either after turnchange or daychange (not exactly sure how this works) they get automatically put into vacation mode. Since you Declared war before he was able to get into vacation mode, you will still be able to loot what he has on him if you beige him.

you can check by his last activity, that its impossible for himself to have put himself on vacation mode, hence why it was the game. 

Last Activity: Last active on 02/05/2019

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dragonshardz said:

ignorance

If you're not looting anything in your ground attacks then he's dead broke. This dude's been inactive since February, his cities have been long since unpowered and his funds and resources probably drained. Use your brain. You can still attack people who are in vacation mode without any hindrance, in fact, you get the benefit that even if he logs on he will be unable to fight back at all. You declared before his auto vm was **pre-determined** to occur, but him being placed into vm, again, has no impact on your war against him, you just picked a bad target to raid. Perhaps if or when you beige him, you'll get some resource loot if he has any.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Look up to the sky above~

• Administrators

There might be a Vacation Mode bug here with inactivity deletion or something, but you're not losing because of it.

If you're at war with a nation in Vacation Mode, that doesn't impact your war at all except to your advantage. The nation you're fighting cannot build troops, attack back, send away their resources, etc. They are basically frozen while you get to attack them however you want.

In this case, this nation just has no money. They're likely losing more money than they're producing per turn and have been for so long that they ran out a long time ago.

EDIT: It looks like there was a bug that was sending nations back into the 6 months of Vacation Mode after they had already had 6 months of automatic vacation mode instead of deleting them. A bunch of inactive nations are about to get purged.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic