KERCHTOGG Coalition Announcement on Peace

Adrienne

27 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

I want you to re-read what I said very carefully.  The leak very clearly details such with you admitting such in other channels.

The leak also details very carefully that they are in talks and no confirmation from tS-NPO. Though you still claim we had some deal going.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

12 minutes ago, Epi said:

Roq kinda confirmed that the plan was to roll Ketog down the line and that changed with Kayser going afk. Prompted by Frawley random tangent on the subject. 

I've publicly stated that tS and co picked KETOGG as a target due to upper tier consolidation. The plans had no finalised date, that was subject to constant change, from end April, to early May, to end May etc. The plans were indeed there to roll KETOGG since there was a firm belief for N$O to work, all of us needed to be in the trenches together and build a "buy-in" to control our own actions rather than being stuck at looking at folks blood-letting and us sitting pretty. 

That didn't change due to Kayser going afk. What did change with Kayser going afk though was the agreement to stop multiple spheres from combining to hit others, that's a whole different debate :P 

As you point out, there was no real collusion, as these plans weren't shared (heck we didn't even have a confirmed go date, they came by and we never did roll out. The reasons for picking KETOGG though, one would have to ask tS, given that well, N$O wanted to roll whales, and something tTO nonsense. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if tS change their spin on it, pinning the whole thing on the NPO ?‍♀️)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

1 hour ago, Shadowthrone said:

The leak also details very carefully that they are in talks and no confirmation from tS-NPO. Though you still claim we had some deal going.

Obviously Buorhann knows better than the guy who wrote the damn post. 

For clarification: The "Talks with t$/NPO", was presumptive, it was based on the concern that if we engaged Chaos, KETOG would hit us who we did not have anywhere near the ability to fight due to a massive upper tier inbalance. Despite the people claiming we (BK/TC) held a hegemony over others our coalition was strong in numbers but being made up of so many smaller alliances meant it had a lot of dis-coordination. When war came half of the BK/TC micros either collapsed or peaced out. It was never the "1,000 member, 30 alliance behemoth" people thought and portrayed it as, at best we had 400 nations in a dozen alliances. With TCW processing almost 80% of the upper tier strength in BK/TC, whilst BK/UPN/ACADIA/CAMELOT/GOTG/AK/CARTH/FR/Solar/Yak formed the core of the mid tier with a few whales scattered about. Out of the dozen protectorates in BK/TC the only one left standing was THL, a prot of TCW, and if we weren't funding them for the war I wouldn't blame them for peacing either despite Emp's attempts to poach them.

Nothing from the time of the original post I made right up until when KETOG hit Chaos  was ever said to NPO/T$, that plan was shelved along with the war against Chaos when Surf's up began. But obviously KETOG, specifically TGH won't let that get in the way of a good PR spin.   

If KETOG hit, without upper tier support BK/TC could not deal with Grumpy/Guardian etc on their own. N$O couldn't solved but as I said it was never official policy nor even mention to them since it was outdated well before the leaks.

Edited by Sphinx
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Shadowthrone said:

I've publicly stated that tS and co picked KETOGG as a target due to upper tier consolidation. The plans had no finalised date, that was subject to constant change, from end April, to early May, to end May etc. The plans were indeed there to roll KETOGG since there was a firm belief for N$O to work, all of us needed to be in the trenches together and build a "buy-in" to control our own actions rather than being stuck at looking at folks blood-letting and us sitting pretty. 

That didn't change due to Kayser going afk. What did change with Kayser going afk though was the agreement to stop multiple spheres from combining to hit others, that's a whole different debate :P 

As you point out, there was no real collusion, as these plans weren't shared (heck we didn't even have a confirmed go date, they came by and we never did roll out. The reasons for picking KETOGG though, one would have to ask tS, given that well, N$O wanted to roll whales, and something tTO nonsense. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if tS change their spin on it, pinning the whole thing on the NPO ?‍♀️)

That's bait.

• Upvote 3

os9LcJK.gif

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
20 hours ago, The Point Guard said:

See that wasn't so hard to admit you lost a war you started.

Guess it was harder for you to avoid a war your allies lost.

7 minutes ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

Guess it was harder for you to avoid a war your allies lost.

But... isn't that the point of being an ally? I'm sorry, but I don't know if that was an attack, an observation or just words.

• Like 1

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
1 minute ago, Butts said:

But... isn't that the point of being an ally? I'm sorry, but I don't know if that was an attack, an observation or just words.

Well alpha is an ally of CoA, CoA got hit hard this war and Alpha spent all its cash boosting Wampus to 42 cities instead of helping CoA

Guest San Fortunado

Ah. This is why I avoid the forums. Good luck to both sides. Hope to see you guys fighting again a few months into 2020 after the NAPs die and IQ gets leaked. 

You'd have to read the other posts where the other discussions took place

Basically, they discussed all the words in the leak and their meaning, all the words said by each leader / high gov and after that full analysis, they keep discussing it because it comes down to opinion

Welcome to Squabbles&War 

Edited by Dreki
Grammar
  • Upvote 3

I'm glad this war is finally showing signs of ending.

While it was fun for a while, when the status quo came it was just getting old. Besides, a global war isn't the best way to welcome new players, i feel that it might've scared quite a few people away which is an unfortunate thing to think about.

Let's hope we get an actual peace and the coalitions split up instead of having a WWI-esque 20 year ceasefire.

• Upvote 1

On 11/3/2019 at 12:08 PM, Shadowthrone said:

I've publicly stated that tS and co picked KETOGG as a target due to upper tier consolidation. The plans had no finalised date, that was subject to constant change, from end April, to early May, to end May etc. The plans were indeed there to roll KETOGG since there was a firm belief for N$O to work...

Saving this just in case you take that back too and start pretending we are all crazy again.

So, it looks like both Chaos and KETOGG were right about IQ+t$ having plans to hit them. So surprised.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Keegoz said:

But also if we ever joined up to stop this from happening, it was also a reason to have us rolled. Thus creating the perfect catch 22.

Thucydides Trap!

But TBH enough people were talking about a TKR double roll during Knightfall to make such a thing inevitable. Strategically speaking, TKR was NOT neutralized by Knightfall and that would have required a second hit. That implied that TKR would have to strike first, which brings us to the present war. There were enough leaks that the TKR attack was already anticipated, so that TKR would HAVE to engage.

The biggest problem with the political situation is not who's hitting who, but the excess salt, which is once again trapping people into doing this whole shit again. But then again, trying to fight a war and not trying to win it is a challenging, complex, and risky task.

• Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, Alexio15 said:

But wait didnt TKR get rolled on out of date stuff relating to IQ? 

TKR is getting rolled because they received a leak purporting that Sphinx was trying to set up an attack on Chaos and KETOG and they chose to act on it. The combined forces of Rose, KETOG, Arrgh, and Chaos had a tiering advantage that meant that BK could not successfully contest KERCHTOG. With BK going down, NPO had to intervene because after BK got rolled, KERCHTOG would have been in control of the field and able to roll anyone they wished.

But of course, if we go further back, TKR perceived a threat from BKNPO. BKNPO perceived a threat from TKR. That's called a Thucydides Trap, wherein mutual suspicion between a rising and falling power (Chaos / Cryptohegemony vs BKNPO) draws them into conflict, usually when a satellite of one of the two sides (TCW) stirs something up.

• Haha 1