taxes, Taxes, TAXES!

Lupin III

taxes, Taxes, TAXES, TAXES

Hello! Nice seeing you looking at this. Going away from all the huge game changer suggestions I've been seeing the past few weeks, this suggestion is more of a minor edit that can help (or not) those who wish to use it. It's very simple and I'm not sure anyone has suggested it before, but here's my pitch:

-> Split up the resource tax rate instead of having it put collectively 

This idea is based on the fact, that perhaps someone can utilise it to micromanage a specific resource, or customise an alliance economy further. To all those who don't understand, basically, when creating an tax bracket you'll have the option of selecting an individual resource, instead of all of it collectively. So for example:

You make the general resource tax 0% but create another individual rate for coal being 100%, this would tax only coal and nothing else.

I'm not sure how it would be formatted within the game to keep it as easy and simple to use as can be, but I'm sure if this is ever implemented (Or not) someone will figure something out. Really this is just a simple suggestion of an edit, that maybe someone can use. Thank you!

image.png.29ef2a482c8acb064b5f0c7f3fa4133a.png

Nice seeing more tax suggestions

• Upvote 5

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

then what happens when they swap from coal to iron?

I was in Rose Econ and i know full well that if they taxed coal 100% you would all swap to something not being taxed sop how does that help?

2 hours ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

then what happens when they swap from coal to iron?

I was in Rose Econ and i know full well that if they taxed coal 100% you would all swap to something not being taxed sop how does that help?

I think you missed that it was an example, I mean, perhaps even you could use that to shift alliance members onto other resources.

But again, as I described in my post, it's supposed to be a flexible way for alliances to micromanage individual resources as they want. 

Interesting question, but I think you are right in saying that if most people had an option to switch from 100% to 0% or something lower, they would and they do now too, by switching alliances. Although we might be at war with NPO I commend them for having a cool community to handle an 100/100 economy.

Edited by Robert Taber

• 3 months later...

I think is a quality suggestion.
Why?
If people have improvments that refine resources as improvments that produce resources then it can be useful as if this person was taxed using the current resource tax then this person's raw resources would be taxed which means less resources refined which means less refined resources for the alliance. With a tax system like this then alliances could only tax refined resources and not raw resources.
In general, good idea.