A Minor Change to Alliance Taxes

Roq

Guest PhantomThiefB

This should definitely be implemented. Good suggestion. Leaders already have their hands full as it is, so it would be nice to help alleviate the load a bit.

5 hours ago, Mandystalin said:

So... you want to make life ridiculously easy for 100% tax alliances?

IMO if you want to run that kind of alliance you should be prepared to put in the work

If you had any notable brainpower you'd realize that most of those alliances already have backend websites that do exactly this for them. Hell, any real major AA has this. BK lends service of theirs to their allies and protectorates, even. It's like how mass infra building scripts already exist, but not everyone had them. This is just making something some have available to everyone.

• Upvote 2

On 10/30/2019 at 10:14 PM, CitrusK said:

Now, before this post begins, I am not an NPO slave.

I was just beaten invited by Roquentin to post this idea.

Trust me...

Anyway, here's the basics of the suggestion.

It's really, really simple. 

Alliance Taxes

Now, I like a good quality of life update. I also like it when Alex changes the game a bit (I can't wait for the upcoming projects), but the fact that this hasn't happened yet, astonishes me.

The basics of the idea, is that an alliance has the option (it can be forced, idrm) to do the upkeep for each nation in it's book. I'm talking about the $ upkeep and the resource upkeep.  

So, if my nation uses 700 bauxite a day, then, under 100/100 taxes, it would take 700 bauxite a day from my alliance to keep my nation running. And if my nation (still under 100/100) used 4 million dollars a day, then my alliance would have 4 million dollars taken from it daily.

And the usage from the alliance bank is equal to the taxes. So, if I'm under 10% taxes, it would be 70 bauxite a day.

Alright, that's the basics of it. If you want to add to this suggestion, feel free to comment. 

I want to know everyone's opinion on this, and I want to know how everyone would change it.

Basically what Lank said.

Have the subsidize rate be separate from tax rate. That way if you want to subsidize all of someone's food needs you don't have to also tax them 100%.

• Like 1

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

Well I am sure the likes of NPO and I know BK already has a bot for this, even if all the gov are offline you are still able to withdraw from the bank.

I guess NPO mainly want it for people who do not log on enough to use the standalone bot system that does not need a banker to be online, but would rather the game does it automatically, But again this benefits NPO sphere and no one else?

We changing the game for one alliance again?

3 hours ago, Mandystalin said:

So I'm against it. If rules are being broke then the solution shouldn't be to change the rules

It's not against the rules. Automated banking has been allowed for a long time. The suggestion is for people who want to do it without coding knowledge. I used to do it manually despite having the ability to implement it until I saw that BK's system was allowed. There's a huge gap between people who have people willing to do free work with regards to coding and those who do not. There are several 100/100 alliances now like North Point that aren't NPO. This and other things should be built-in to the game, including an auto-recruiter. 

If Alex has a change of heart and he doesn't like it anymore, then I'd happily do it manually again, but this should be a quality of life whoever wants to implement the system. The fact that you need coding expertise or the money to hire someone to do it means a lot of people are hindered in their efforts. The only way for the game to grow is to be more mobile-oriented and people who play it on mobile won't be sitting at a computer to write the code.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

Well I am sure the likes of NPO and I know BK already has a bot for this, even if all the gov are offline you are still able to withdraw from the bank.

I guess NPO mainly want it for people who do not log on enough to use the standalone bot system that does not need a banker to be online, but would rather the game does it automatically, But again this benefits NPO sphere and no one else?

We changing the game for one alliance again?

Citrus is protected by Fark, I'm aligned with Rose, your own alliance BoC as a command economy makes use of this, hell all the micros you're tied to could make excellent use of this.

NPO already has a system that does exactly what you're talking about anyway, 100% approved and legalized by Alex. Are you really complaining someone wants the same abilities given to the proletariat to even the grounds?

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
2 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Citrus is protected by Fark, I'm aligned with Rose, your own alliance BoC as a command economy makes use of this, hell all the micros you're tied to could make excellent use of this.

NPO already has a system that does exactly what you're talking about anyway, 100% approved and legalized by Alex. Are you really complaining someone wants the same abilities given to the proletariat to even the grounds?

you really think Alex approved a bot that logs on a nation, send resources with no action taken by the owner of that nation, get real dude thats like the bots Alex claims to want to ban 

10 hours ago, Roquentin said:

It's not against the rules. Automated banking has been allowed for a long time. The suggestion is for people who want to do it without coding knowledge. I used to do it manually despite having the ability to implement it until I saw that BK's system was allowed. There's a huge gap between people who have people willing to do free work with regards to coding and those who do not. There are several 100/100 alliances now like North Point that aren't NPO. This and other things should be built-in to the game, including an auto-recruiter. 

If Alex has a change of heart and he doesn't like it anymore, then I'd happily do it manually again, but this should be a quality of life whoever wants to implement the system. The fact that you need coding expertise or the money to hire someone to do it means a lot of people are hindered in their efforts. The only way for the game to grow is to be more mobile-oriented and people who play it on mobile won't be sitting at a computer to write the code.

Could not agree more.

A lot of the automated advantages larger or more technical alliances have need to be integrated into the game.