Test Server Bugs - REPORT HERE

Alex

• Administrators

Recently we upgraded the test server to the latest versions of MySQL and PHP to prepare for upgrading the live server. These new versions have stricter standards and have created a lot of game-breaking bugs.

I am trying to work through all of these bugs as quickly as possible. Please report any bugs you find here, in this thread so that I have a list I can work through. Thank you!

• Like 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

I believe I've resolved the issue with turns not happening properly. I ran one turn manually successfully, we will see now if future turns run as they're supposed to.

This most recent turn seems to have worked correctly.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Can't send rss/cash from alliance banks to other alliances.
Can't edit the alliance description, heading, acronym, declare war msg, titles, premissions, color... everything about edit alliance is broken.

• Like 1
32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

you can set taxes properly, but i've seen no increase in the alliance bank, not sure if the turns don't work or if there is a bug with taxes.

luffyt$forum.gif

Wars don't work, no maps used says i've taken loot but no loot gained, sys troops got killed and both of us have all troops intact.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
luffyt$forum.gif

• Administrators
On 10/29/2019 at 2:04 PM, MonkeyDLegend said:

Can't send rss/cash from alliance banks to other alliances.
Can't edit the alliance description, heading, acronym, declare war msg, titles, premissions, color... everything about edit alliance is broken.

I was able to send $500,000 from one alliance bank to another with no issues. Are you getting a specific error message or issue?

It appears that I fixed the issue with editing alliance pages. Please let me know if you have further trouble with this.

Forums Rules | Game Link

On 11/5/2019 at 7:22 PM, Alex said:

I was able to send $500,000 from one alliance bank to another with no issues. Are you getting a specific error message or issue?

It appears that I fixed the issue with editing alliance pages. Please let me know if you have further trouble with this.

I saw that and it works now ?
I've noticed that some nations have all 17 projects but on the nation page it says 16 but if you count them all then it's 17... the project counter says 16. 
Also the new space project doesn't work, can just produce 1 missile at a time.

luffyt$forum.gif

• Administrators
On 10/29/2019 at 1:09 PM, MonkeyDLegend said:

you can set taxes properly, but i've seen no increase in the alliance bank, not sure if the turns don't work or if there is a bug with taxes.

I believe taxes are working properly, you just need to create new tax brackets as the existing (old) ones got misconfigured somehow.

On 10/29/2019 at 2:22 PM, Edward I said:

My nation started with zero cities.

I believe this bug has since been fixed.

On 10/30/2019 at 3:41 AM, Hassan said:

account creation doesn't work either.

Are you getting an error message?

On 10/29/2019 at 1:33 PM, MonkeyDLegend said:

Wars don't work, no maps used says i've taken loot but no loot gained, sys troops got killed and both of us have all troops intact.

I haven't been able to duplicate this issue. Can you try again and ensure it's still not working for you?

On 10/29/2019 at 4:29 PM, Zaxon said:

The bug that doesn't let you beige and win wars has been there before the upgrade.

When's the last time you experienced this bug? I haven't had this issue myself anytime recently.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators
On 10/30/2019 at 3:23 AM, Hassan said:

Trade and alliance banking doesnt work. Just shows an empty page.image.png.18551552724e7cbc42fc0fa9bf4aea06.png

Trading should be enabled/working now. What issue are you experiencing with alliance banks?

On 11/1/2019 at 4:09 AM, Hassan said:

beige loot doesn't work either... like if you win a war and beige the target, you get no beige loot out of it and the war just ends..

Are you getting the correct beige/win-war message and just not getting the money/rss added to your nation? What is happening exactly?

On 11/3/2019 at 9:10 PM, Wizel16 said:

Unable to do ground attacks or beige.

I'm not having any problems with ground attacks or beiging.

What specific issue are you experiencing?

Forums Rules | Game Link

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Are you getting the correct beige/win-war message and just not getting the money/rss added to your nation? What is happening exactly?

OK so,....

image.thumb.png.853b684f29efe7de73636a053f922744.png

I beiged a target.  But the war ended without giving me any beige loot. And there isn't a beige message on the timeline either.

image.thumb.png.efd0e8cd0e957eebd02f4455b20d1c56.png

So yeah, the war ends but there's no loot added and there isn't a beige message displayed either.

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Are you getting an error message?

It kept displaying a blank page as soon as I created nation and hit the go button. But seems to be fixed now. Thanks! :D

• Like 1

Revenue page stopped working for some reason. Just shows another blank page. image.thumb.png.7446ed396e9dd15b68179e2adaa992c4.png

I've been getting a lot of these blank pages from random pages like Wars, Trade, and Projects, etc. Now it's with Revenue.

Also, trading works but nation to nation trade still doesn't work.

And in wars, ground battles don't work. You do get a report of how many soldiers were killed, how many muni/gas was used and what you looted, etc. but the actual numbers for those things don't change. I won't lose any troops or muni/gas. I won't get any loot. It just won't work.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Alex said:

What specific issue are you experiencing?

When i go to do a ground attack i get the battle report like normal but when i go back to the wars screen no resistance is lost, no loot gained ect.  Its like i never attacked.  Air attacks and naval attacks work fine, its just the ground attacks not working for me.  Then when i go to beige someone with a naval or air attack, the attack doesnt go through the same as how the ground attacks arent working.  I get the battle report but nothing is changed.  Hope this is a good enough explaniation.

• Like 1

Revenue page seems to be broken, and I don't believe my nation makes any money or resources

Cannot deposit into the alliance bank, error message is as follows:

Error

You don't have that much uranium to deposit.

You don't have that much lead to deposit.

You don't have that much iron to deposit.

You don't have that much bauxite to deposit.

• Administrators
On 11/9/2019 at 7:52 AM, Hassan said:

I've been getting a lot of these blank pages from random pages like Wars, Trade, and Projects, etc. Now it's with Revenue.

Also, trading works but nation to nation trade still doesn't work.

And in wars, ground battles don't work. You do get a report of how many soldiers were killed, how many muni/gas was used and what you looted, etc. but the actual numbers for those things don't change. I won't lose any troops or muni/gas. I won't get any loot. It just won't work.

Revenue, Wars, Trade, and Projects pages are all working for me. Can you confirm they're working properly at this time for you?

I just fixed a bug with creating trade offers, I just made an offer with no issues so I believe that's fixed.

I'm not experiencing the same issue with ground battles, mine seem to work just fine. When's the last time you tried a ground battle?

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators
18 hours ago, hope said:

Revenue page seems to be broken, and I don't believe my nation makes any money or resources

Cannot deposit into the alliance bank, error message is as follows:

Error

You don't have that much uranium to deposit.

You don't have that much lead to deposit.

You don't have that much iron to deposit.

You don't have that much bauxite to deposit.

What's your test server nation link? Revenue page is working fine for me and at least some users. When was the last time you tested it?

I'm going to look into the bank deposit bug now.

EDIT: I believe I've resolved the bank deposit bug.

• Like 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators
18 hours ago, hope said:

Looks like the revenue page is working again.

• Like 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

18 hours ago, Alex said:

I'm not experiencing the same issue with ground battles, mine seem to work just fine. When's the last time you tried a ground battle?

I just tried it right now. Still doesn't work.

• Administrators
On 11/13/2019 at 2:40 AM, Hassan said:

I just tried it right now. Still doesn't work.

What's your test server nation link? And who are you doing ground battles against where it's not working?

Forums Rules | Game Link

13 hours ago, Alex said:

What's your test server nation link? And who are you doing ground battles against where it's not working?

https://test.politicsandwar.com/nation/id=3369
I tested it on my post recent war with  Alpha Dog. But none of the wars can do ground attacks so I think it's an issue with Ground attacks and not just who I'm warring with, since other players have experienced the same problem and none of my wars can do ground attacks.

• Village unfeatured and unpinned this topic