So who's on who side

Wendell

Everyone in this war is all on one side. They're sad that they learnt allowed to join Farksphere, and so are beating each other up over it claiming that someone else must be to be blame. We pray they might get better.

• Upvote 1

On 10/25/2019 at 4:53 PM, ChloeJessica said:

interesting that you call me salty when you whine constantly about everything

UEwzwB-90sxfOxpN5kjf3qmfSLS6o-sat995maKZS5Q.png

That's OOC. You don't even know me, judging by your noobness you have no idea the intricate politics in Orbis. Kindly, continue claiming victory over piles of rubble with GOWNS, I know you're having a blast doing that....

11 hours ago, Deulos said:

That's OOC. You don't even know me, judging by your noobness you have no idea the intricate politics in Orbis. Kindly, continue claiming victory over piles of rubble with GOWNS, I know you're having a blast doing that....

mfw intricate

• Haha 1

os9LcJK.gif

On 10/26/2019 at 8:31 PM, SleepingNinja said:

Shame on you for even considering Frawley to be doing anything dubious with the stat's page. He works hard to maintain it, I'd love to see you try to do better. Absolutely disrespectful smh. 

Right, he "works to maintain it", when right above you he declares that he in fact does not, on account of not having time to do that. Which is absolutely the only reason why he's not bothering to accurately represent who's on whose side, and it surely has noooothing to do with attempting to downplay IQ's self-cannibalism. Absolutely. /s

Furthermore, lest we forget, bank looting was not counted for a LONG time. And what caused that to change? Acadia looting a bank. I submit to you that Frawley would never have "fixed" that "glitch" if the loot gap hadn't gotten at least that much smaller.

That said, I mostly accuse Frawley of being dishonest with the stats on account of him refusing to address his "workload" by the simple expedient of Github. Literally the only thing validating his stats is NPO's word, and anything said by IQ automatically casts doubt on the statement's validity. If I looked at a clock, I'd know what time it is, but if an IQ member read the same clock then I'd have to find another clock to double-check.

So, yeah, I absolutely disrespect you and your trash 'community'. Shame on you for being a part of it.

On 10/25/2019 at 10:06 AM, Theomer said:

Ffs, do you guys not remember the clusterfrick of stats we had before Frawley & co made their voluntary project? Stats were all over the place, incorrect and biased. With this amount of data some mistakes are bound to happen, but it's the closest to perfection we'll ever get to. Instead of this kind of treatment, lets be thankful for what they made and not throw shit at members of this community that are voluntarily putting their hours into something that benefits all the players. If you have grievances, report mistakes you believe exist but god damn, be respectful about it and I'm sure they'll address your complaints when they're able.

The problem is that this new site became the "standard" because of its supposed reliability and apolitical accuracy. I was all for it, and very thankful when it first came out, and for the longest time I absolutely believed that Frawley genuinely was willing and able to set aside all political drama in favor of mathematical fact. Sadly, that was apparently an error in judgement. Mistakes happen, yes. Those have indeed happened in the past, and for the record no mistakes have ever cast doubt on the integrity of the stats site. What has cast doubt on the integrity of the stats site is, as stated above:

A. The extreme dishonesty from IQ of late, but mostly NPO itself,
B. The extremely convenient timing of the bank loot 'glitch' being 'fixed',
C. Frawley's either inability or refusal to accurately list the sides of the war, citing...
D. The incredibly convenient excuse of "being busy at work", while refusing to address that problem and simultaneously solve all prior problems with the obvious solution.

Each of which are CHOICES, deliberately made. The solutions exist, but have been chosen to not be used.

I'd much rather have a clusterfrick of competing standards then one insufficient, abuseable, private, intrinsically 'trusted' yet unverifiable standard.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
grammar grammar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

4 minutes ago, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

GOONS tracks everything as well, albeit it privately, and that's as much as I'll say.

On 10/27/2019 at 1:23 AM, Tiberius said:

We will put you where we feel like because we are winning. 

I rest my case.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

44 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Right, he "works to maintain it", when right above you he declares that he in fact does not, on account of not having time to do that. Which is absolutely the only reason why he's not bothering to accurately represent who's on whose side, and it surely has noooothing to do with attempting to downplay IQ's self-cannibalism. Absolutely. /s

Furthermore, lest we forget, bank looting was not counted for a LONG time. And what caused that to change? Acadia looting a bank. I submit to you that Frawley would never have "fixed" that "glitch" if the loot gap hadn't gotten at least that much smaller.

That said, I mostly accuse Frawley of being dishonest with the stats on account of him refusing to address his "workload" by the simple expedient of Github. Literally the only thing validating his stats is NPO's word, and anything said by IQ automatically casts doubt on the statement's validity. If I looked at a clock, I'd know what time it is, but if an IQ member read the same clock then I'd have to find another clock to double-check.

So, yeah, I absolutely disrespect you and your trash 'community'. Shame on you for being a part of it.

The problem is that this new site became the "standard" because of its supposed reliability and apolitical accuracy. I was all for it, and very thankful when it first came out, and for the longest time I absolutely believed that Frawley genuinely was willing and able to set aside all political drama in favor of mathematical fact. Sadly, that was apparently an error in judgement. Mistakes happen, yes. Those have indeed happened in the past, and for the record no mistakes have ever cast doubt on the integrity of the stats site. What has cast doubt on the integrity of the stats site is, as stated above:

C. Frawley's either inability or refusal to accurately list the sides of the war, citing...
D. The incredibly convenient excuse of "being busy at work", while refusing to address that problem and simultaneously solve all prior problems with the obvious solution.

Each of which are CHOICES, deliberately made. The solutions exist, but have been chosen to not be used.

I'd much rather have a clusterfrick of competing standards then one insufficient, abuseable, private, intrinsically 'trusted' yet unverifiable standard.

We live rent free in your head.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Cypher said:

I know I’m not the only one to notice the original -40mil net damage for tS attacking Guardian/Grumpy disappearing. 

I mean their -15bil damage for hitting Guardian/GoB is on the site and added to the Coalition B's net damage intake on the insistence of Coalition A so ?‍♀️

9 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

A. I still try to reconcile myself to your claim of dishonesty, but even if that was true, it has nothing to do with the stats.

B. The bank loot glitch wasn't conveniently fixed, insofar as Frawley had to scroll through what a couple of hundred different bank AA's to add it, and even then between NG's loot collection and the addition was still quite a while. Frawley's been open that he's been out and busy for a while and Alex cut access to the looting API for a while from Sept 22 till whenever it was fixed, as posted publicly by Frawley in the stats thread. So I mean, looking at all of that, it makes absolute sense that it took a while to update. Not to mention, I'm yet to be able to have a conversation with Frawley seeing how he's been mostly on leave given his RL commitments. 

C. Frawley's been counting everyone requested by Coalition A into the stats without removing/manipulating those numbers. The only AA who's damage is added to this is some -20mil of TMC that was added in accidentally as he publicly stated. The Medeillin declaration by the NPO itself has a separate war page/stats and split from the main war, but if you'd like it added here, feel free to request it ;) 

D. I'm sorry but Frawley has been hard to reach for Pacifican's themselves and been busy due to RL commitments. Whenever he is able to, he updates the banks and other stuff he has to manually look through as well as keep going after Alex for API information. 

I still don't see any objective criticism versus the stats site to question his apolitical role. I think some of the most hate Frawley has got regarding the stats website comes from myself and the NPO government given how we're not particularly interested in stats since it promotes behaviour we find unnecessary (beiging/looting etc) that is annoying to continuously handle at a micro-management level. He's pushed back at every stage since he sees this as a community tool, and something to best represent the statistics relating to the war. So I mean, if this was indeed political in nature, he'd probably not be even caring to update it for the community as much as he can. 

At the end of the day, he's volunteering to build tools to make the experience of the community better and rather than spending your time trying to build a fake case against his work, it may be more productive to actually you know constructively criticise the work if there is any criticism to be levied, and moreover if you don't like the stats page, you really don't have to use it. But questioning his authenticity in trying to build stuff for the community is quite low even for you Scarfy, the self-appointed defender of the game 

Every alliance who's been involved in Dial-Up has been added in, so I have no idea where this coming from? 

Reaidng his public posts would help with this, given that Alex's API changes stopped counting bank loots for a long while. I mean you're literally trying to claim something that is patently untrue because of your hatred of the NPO rather than any objective fact. 

Well this a more you problem than anyone else. But I mean if your hatred of a community stems from them opposing your alliance and you losing a war not only shows your need to probably rethink how you approach this game, or you know probably quit the community, since you've crossed lines from IC political differences to actual OOC hatred for a group of players/community who have a different playing style from your own. But keep coming at us OOCily Scarfy, you definitely aren't the first, or definitely won't be the last. We'll just continue playing the game as we have within the community, while you can continue raging against players in an OOC fashion, just because you lost a war. Really showcases your style as a player ;) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I regard the stats as being as accurate as can be reasonably expected. It’s a lot of data to track and people have lives after all. Not 100% but close enough to give a good idea and by the looks of it, the stats tool is being refined regularly so I can’t complain.

• Downvote 1

Untitled.png

15 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Maybe stop being a whiny leech then and make your own?? 

You don't need to use his stats, yet you seem to be obsessed with them. 

Maybe a little less time playing forum detective and a little more time doing something useful for the community yourself?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Pop said:

I don't think you guys understand how much Frawley works, it's only through a sheer miracle of time management that he gets anything done at all for this game.

What Alt said. I’ve been an inactive mess of a Pacifican but even I know just how much time he has to put in for his RL; hell, anyone who’s ever gotten the opportunity to know him will say the same. Here’s what’s truly impressive though: despite spending about twice as much time as most people working, he still manages to invest his time maintaining and improving the stats site. 

But I mean, some people don’t change I suppose. 

Edited by Dio Brando
  • Downvote 1