Enable this

zigbigadorlou

56 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I remember when he made the thread on anti-Air for Navy and think it was pretty popular. I think these perks would be a good thing and make the combat system a little more interesting.

You don't thinking just spamming planes is fun? 

• Haha 2

FORMER LEADER OF COTL. PLEASE GROW INTERNALLY

15 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

I asked this question before, and apparently people got upset about it or something? Not really sure why, it all looks perfectly fine to me.

I wonder why? It honestly seems like a great improvement to me that would allow for many balanced strats.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Comrade Marx said:

My guess is that implementing it in the middle of a giant war would cause some mouths to foam. And also that he hasn't finished working on it yet.

This shit was actually put into the game well over a year ago, if i'm not mistaken. I'd have to go back and find it, but it may have even be as long as around when i first started playing (2 years ago), it's done, ready to go and has been for a long while.

For whatever reason i can't see, people threw up a storm over it. The only thing i see even slightly questionable in there is the chemical warheads thing.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

This shit was actually put into the game well over a year ago, if i'm not mistaken. I'd have to go back and find it, but it may have even be as long as around when i first started playing (2 years ago), it's done, ready to go and has been for a long while.

For whatever reason i can't see, people threw up a storm over it. The only thing i see even slightly questionable in there is the chemical warheads thing.

Ah thanks for the clarification. Frankly I welcome a more diverse set of weaponry.

• Upvote 2

I think it's a cool concept to be able to customize your military more, however I think there is actually quite a bit of room to improve this though.

Firstly I think it's clear that some of these perks are better than others which I think isn't ideal, it will cause people to mostly pick the same stuff. Having equally good perks will cause a greater variety of viable builds.

2 of the obvious picks are Armored Panels on planes and Anti-Air guns for ships, they have their downside of increased cost but are essentially necessary for dominance in the game. Another strong one is the Advanced Chassis for tanks which is a straight up cost-reduction with no downside other than it uses a perk-slot.

On the other hand there is some to me sorta unattractive ones such as the soldier perks. Soldiers are basically free atm so adding an actual cost with these perks seems unattractive to me, especially since they will force you to pick them with gas mask in a set, since you dont wanna have half of them blown up by missiles if they get an actual cost to them.

The soldier perks are basically not a consideration if you are in a position where your soldiers die frequently, while they are kinda alright if you have plane control in which case your soldiers may survive, but then they just aren't as good as the plane perks. I think some perks that keep soldiers as a suicide unit would be more attractive, for example increased recruitment rate or more loot or something.

Then by direct comparison some of these are oddly balanced with each other, take for example in the case of tanks Flamethrowers and Radio Comms. Radio Comms cost only 0.05 alu extra while Flamethrowers cost an extra 0.5 gas which is way more, while i dont think the Flamethrowers stand out clearly as being better.

Then secondly to balancing them among each other there is balancing questions about who benefits from this stuff more than others.

I already addressed soldier perks. Basically bad if your soldiers die and alright if they can survive, but that also means you are buffing someone with the perks who is already dominant, which is questionable?

Then anti-air guns are the most controversial i think. This one will be an absolute killer for whales and not as good for the ones at the lower score side of things.

Basically ships add score which is problematic if you are worried about downdeclares, but not an issue if you aren't worried about it. So for anyone low score getting ships this will buff their defense but also put them in downdeclare range of people with more planes, additionally when you consider this perk makes a ship equal to 2 planes but gives 4 times the amount of score a plane does then perhaps this isnt that great as a defense. On the other hand it makes whales a lot harder to take down as ships only act as aircraft in defense so someone with 2000 planes updeclaring on someone with 2500 planes and 300 ships will basically face 3100 effective planes instead in their offensive attacks.

I'm not necessarily saying this is bad, perhaps whale-takedowns are a bit too easy atm and this is actually positive for the game, but it's something that needs to actually be given thought before this stuff is put into the game.

About missiles: EMP warheads will be stupidly op at the zero tier. Someone shooting a missile at a 3 city nation will straight up disable a third of their cities. On the other hand chemical weapons will be better on the high tier than at the lower.

• Like 5

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

Some minor tweaks as he does it is fine, but think he should roll something out regarding perks at least. Updates like these are what the game needs & hasn’t been getting. Don’t think there have been any real big updates since I started playing. Mainly those city cost reduction improvements & keno gameplay wise, lol. 

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

6 hours ago, Akuryo said:

I asked this question before, and apparently people got upset about it or something? Not really sure why, it all looks perfectly fine to me.

As one of the people who was against it, add I recall, none of us had a problem with the idea, our problem was regarding it's current mechanics, and how there's really only a few of the improvements that will become the standard in the meta with no room for variance if you want to survive.  Thus there was heavy complaints about balancing the improvements, rather than the mechanic itself.

Former leader of Chocolate Castle 4/1/2021

"It's pretty easy to get abused by Rosey without being a weirdo about it" - Betilius

"Rosey is everything I look for in a fighter" - partisan

"I’m very much not surprised that Lossi has you blocked tbh" - @MCMaster-095

11 hours ago, Odin said:

This here was much more interesting tbh

10 hours ago, Dryad said:

I think it's a cool concept to be able to customize your military more, however I think there is actually quite a bit of room to improve this though.

Perks were one of my first suggestions to the game years ago. The above post was a few years after the original idea. 

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif