peace talks

Utter Nutter

3 minutes ago, Epi said:

Tbh, I preferred when you guys didn't want peace and that was that. This attempt to attack Coalition B. When we've been reasonable is ridiculous. 

I don't find "surrender first and find out" reasonable at all to be fair. I imagine many alliances aren't so underhanded to circumvent these "non-negotiable terms" that supposedly "prove [our] commitment to peace." After all, wouldn't circumventing these terms be a sign that we aren't committed to peace?

10 minutes ago, Epi said:

It's been 10 days now and you don't have to be a world class diplomat to create work arounds to our non-negotiable term since we've already offered a few of them. We just want that concession on your part that proves you're committed to getting peace and for our guys to take the win, which we deserve.

Tbh, I preferred when you guys didn't want peace and that was that. This attempt to attack Coalition B. When we've been reasonable is ridiculous. 

Ik most of you are staying quiet on the matter but it might be worth telling your minority to shut up until you're ready to peace or you'll find terms a lot worse than they would've otherwise been. 

It's been established already by our glorious savior, Pre, that you're all being unreasonable. :D

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

If you'd rather end the war, then we're coming out ahead since we'd rather not end the war. You're not getting what you want while we are getting what we want, and that's what I'd call a victory in my book.

Cool. I mean some people think it's more harmful to us for it to keep going, but it's not true. Like feel free to war forever if you don't want to admit you lost.  You'll find people will stop minding it and just let you keep doing your thing. The strong will survive.

6 hours ago, DivineCoffeeBinge said:

Nah, Chloe, come join the dark side of "screw it let's just foreverwar then, no one foreverwars like a goon"

It's where I'm at and the drinks are better

This guy knows what he's talking about. If KERTCHOGG has no interest in the war coming to a conclusion, foreverwar sounds pretty sweet.

The only cure for war is extreme war.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Trust me, foreverwar is way worse for you guys than it is for us. Hell, we're starting to collectively tier up again. Economically this war is just a speedbump for us.

• Downvote 1

sigsize_od.gif
ONE WORLD OR NONE
CyberNations veteran, Co-Pilot Emeritus
Hambassidor (Head Ambassador (Minister of Foreign Affairs)), Head of the Ministry of Log Dumping, GOONS

Guest Frawley
5 hours ago, Rygus said:

I don't find "surrender first and find out" reasonable at all to be fair.

Thats not we have asked for, and you know it.  All you need to do is admit that you have been defeated, and that the negotiation will be about 'terms of surrender' not 'terms of peace'.

3 hours ago, Avakael said:

What if the NPO sent t$ in as a spy for Coalition B so they'd have a diplomat (Wilhelm) capable of negotiating an end to the war

Syphilis would probably start with the disbandment of his MDoAP allies, as he is so inclined.

Peace would also mean that these threads could not be filled with righteous walls of text proving the Right and Wrong of people and things.

Perhaps agreeing before hand that these kind of threads will be kept available to show Correctness on one side and Awfullness of the other side is what will help this along? 

3 hours ago, Epi said:

There is no point trying to get terms we haven't written for a war

So... what your saying is that some people are correct in the fact that you don't have anything else in terms of terms ready for negotiation? Or is that a slip of the fingers?

3 hours ago, Epi said:

If you want a peace, come and negotiate, we've left plenty of room at the table.

What table? The one behind the Locked door that says "Wont open til Nov. 1st?" Is the timer still up? I'll countdown the days.

9 hours ago, Archibald said:

FOREEEEEEEEEEVER WAR.

I WANT TO BE FOREEEEEEEEEVER WAR.

Do you really want to fight forever? Forever war.

giphy.gif

Let us die young or let us War forever
We don't have the power, but we never say never
Sitting in a Low tier, life is a short trip
The music's for the sad man
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

11 hours ago, Epi said:

Ik most of you are staying quiet on the matter but it might be worth telling your minority to shut up until you're ready to peace or you'll find terms a lot worse than they would've otherwise been. 

Threats will get you nowhere my friend!  Neither apparently does war or your silken tongue ?

Celer Et Audax

5 hours ago, Epi said:

The reason Seb created this thread was to get closer to peace and hopefully get some concessions from either side. We initially achieved that when Roq blurred the definition of surrender, now Co. A is sprinting backwards and spitting in the face of compromise. If you want a peace, come and negotiate, we've left plenty of room at the table.

There is no point trying to get terms we haven't written for a war that isn't concluded. See you folks in 2030.

Epi, you don't really impress me when you take on that tough hardball attitude. Let's take a breather, sit down and discuss the situation. I'll DM you.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

The real issue is the NPO Side keeps trying to force its views and logic on the other side(TKR side). Its obvious that TKR side isn't budging on how it views certain things, and NPO side thinks if it drags out the war it'll get them to change its view.

The war has gone on for months, and TKR side hasn't changed at all, and all thats happened is NPO side is losing allies and people fighting for them. Regardless of the end result, I can't say that this is a good strategy. I assume NPO side thinks as long as it imports allies, it'll be fine, but I've gotta say losing PnW base support for CN support doesn't look like a good strategy in the long run.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

The alternative is them forcing their views on us. It's of no benefit to us. They have to budge and show some humility because they made it life or death. We didn't do that.  They made their stances clear on it and  this response isn't particularly harsh in the slightest. They've shown they are prone to excesses when they feel they have an edge and we can't really say "yeah, that's totally fine guys, good game white peace".

The people on our side who left simply just weren't wanting to fight a real war from the get-go, which was the issue to begin with. In most cases, they were either people who traditionally bailed quickly, newer alliances with no staying power, or people who were looking to ditch their allies and find new ones either way because the war wasn't won fast enough for them. There's no way to retain people who only stick if the going is good unless you're curbstomping 10 to 1 99% of the time or  at the very least you are always doing better than the opposition. It followed the traditional pattern of less committed peripheral alliances dropping out due to lack of internal prep and/or cutting their anchor allies loose. KERTCHOGG knows a lot of people just can't handle real wars so when they were doing well, they took advantage of the fear they could instill and some alliances even went under their protection until it wasn't safe. It's not about trading people in, it's more if people can't handle stormy weather, you're gonna lose them either way and most of KERTCHOGG has been in way worse shape than the alliances that dropped out.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5