peace talks

Utter Nutter

2 minutes ago, Abbas Mehdi said:

Actually I have blocked ockey over 5 months ago. Sketchy has stopped talking to me and keegoz is no longer on speed dial. But I am still tight with DTC yes. 

Well let's see if this holds up since this is a big change. Is DTC going back to Oblivion after or ??

33 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

Well let's see if this holds up since this is a big change. Is DTC going back to Oblivion after or ??

Don't know. He has recently become less raidy type. His flavour of the season right now is staying in rose.

I am not a member of Guardian p&w

f2VouKU.png

11 hours ago, RC Bandit said:

I'm not reading all of the 25 pages.

How close are you guys to ending this war? Or are we just going to fling insults and acquisitions until the end of times? 

There isn't really much to read...  If you need a recap, I'll give you that.  Basically...

Who wants to end the war!?

Community:  We do!

Moderates on both sides:  It might be time.

Extremists: HECK NO!

Coalition B:  We can have peace at any time!

Coalition A: All right, what needs to happen for peace?

Coalition B:  You need to surrender.  It's non-negotiable...

Coalition A:  What are your terms for ending the war?

Coalition B:  Oh no, you surrender first and THEN we'll talk.

Coalition A: ...We would like to know what the terms are first that go with the surrender before we will admit defeat.

Coalition B:  HAHAHAHAHA! Oh no, that's not how this works.  We've already bent over backwards for you guys and made concessions and we WON'T be making anymore.

Coalition A:  ...By forcing us to surrender BEFORE we can start talking to you?

Coalition B:  Don't think you hold the morale high ground in this debate!  If you can't accept the simplest of terms, we have nothing to say!

Coalition A:  ...We don't even have terms to consider beyond surrender first before we talk?

Coalition B:  I see that you guys want perma-war!  So be it!  But hey!  We can have peace at any time!

Community: -_-

*And then the topic went on various rants about how ridiculous each side is being, how each side is seeking hegemony and the leaders of their respective sides are the root of all evil in this game.  That's pretty much all there is to the discussion and sums up where we are right now.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To be frank, the various alliance leaders involved in the peace talks should be ashamed of how petty this has become and just end the war already. White peace or ceasefire or whatever. It's clear this deadlock isn't going to end anytime soon and no doubt we will be fighting the same war again in the near future. Time to call it a day and end this pathetic farce already.

Edited by Charles the Tyrant
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Untitled.png

1 hour ago, Charles the Tyrant said:

To be frank, the various alliance leaders involved in the peace talks should be ashamed of how petty this has become and just end the war already. White peace or ceasefire or whatever. It's clear this deadlock isn't going to end anytime soon and no doubt we will be fighting the same war again in the near future. Time to call it a day and end this pathetic farce already.

I too am blatantly self interested and attempt to pawn it off on others as if it were objectivity.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

I support a TKR who doesn't surrender & hope the silly voices thinking only short term don't get to their Queen. Keeping the war going is the best move for Chaos, not sure why they should even consider surrender when it means certain doom moving forward. Next global war will just be worse for them if they do so.

As Nizam put it, this is the end game. If Chaos gives up now, will be over for a dynamic political landscape if GOONS becomes another NPO type alliance. So might as well fight like this is the last major war which isn't a curb stomp. Both sides should be playing to win imo.

• Downvote 2

27 minutes ago, ChloeJessica said:

we've told you that your surrender is the only non-negotiable term

if you won't agree to the non-negotiable term then there's absolutely no point in negotiating

this is not hard

Yeah, I know, I know.  Because it'd be a huge waste of time otherwise, right?  I did forgot to mention in my sum up that Coalition B doesn't want to waste their valuable time making official terms but apparently has the time to drag out a war forever.  Otherwise, I think I hit on all of the major highlights of the topic.

16 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I support a TKR who doesn't surrender & hope the silly voices thinking only short term don't get to their Queen. Keeping the war going is the best move for Chaos, not sure why they should even consider surrender when it means certain doom moving forward. Next global war will just be worse for them if they do so.

As Nizam put it, this is the end game. If Chaos gives up now, will be over for a dynamic political landscape if GOONS becomes another NPO type alliance. So might as well fight like this is the last major war which isn't a curb stomp. Both sides should be playing to win imo.

you're not even in this war methrage. stop kibitzing and let the people talk who actually have things to talk about.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, ChloeJessica said:

you're not even in this war methrage. stop kibitzing and let the people talk who actually have things to talk about.

Letting the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence & Sadism help establish an unbeatable hegemony in this game would be the worst kind of hegemony & not sure who wants to be part of making that. Although carry on I guess.

9 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

There’s also no point in agreeing to the non-negotiable term if agreeing makes the rest of the terms non-negotiable because you’ve ruined any standing ground that you had.

What ground do you have to stand on in regards to surrendering?

12 minutes ago, Syrachime said:

Yeah, I know, I know.  Because it'd be a huge waste of time otherwise, right?  I did forgot to mention in my sum up that Coalition B doesn't want to waste their valuable time making official terms but apparently has the time to drag out a war forever.  Otherwise, I think I hit on all of the major highlights of the topic.

you don't know whether there are terms drawn up or not. you just know we're not giving them to you until you agree to surrender.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, ChloeJessica said:

we've told you that your surrender is the only non-negotiable term

if you won't agree to the non-negotiable term then there's absolutely no point in negotiating

this is not hard

This makes no sense, you have it asbackwards.

24 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Letting the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence & Sadism help establish an unbeatable hegemony in this game would be the worst kind of hegemony & not sure who wants to be part of making that. Although carry on I guess.

who are these imposters?

we are neutral shoving incarnate

Edited by Do Not Fear Jazz
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Neutral Shoving disbanded when my nation was barely a day old in CN, didn't even know who I was. :P

you wouldnt have made it 

e: made it as in survived in the game long enough had neutral shoving still been in power

Edited by Do Not Fear Jazz
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

and yet here i am, still tormenting you 12 years later

Not really, just pointing your real name & having some fun with you guys. Since it seems you guys are most desperate for peace, with no vast fortunes saved in this game & reliant on a long period of peace to establish any kind of powerful foothold. :P

7 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Not really, just pointing your real name & having some fun with you guys. Since it seems you guys are most desperate for peace, with no vast fortunes saved in this game & reliant on a long period of peace to establish any kind of powerful foothold. :P

We don't?

news to me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

We don't?

news to me.

Funniest part of this war, is thanks to it; poor souls like this will never have their wish granted by me.

10/06/2019 THE WORST NATION EVER 3fec544b1f133d8e35ce9c9edc16b886a70f7b3e274.png
&LEADER_NAME&
GOONS
Hello, Methrage. I popped my nuke cherry in CN on you, and I'll do it again here, in time

Already been nuked by someone else, so can’t Grant his wish for him & lulz.