peace talks

Utter Nutter

3 hours ago, Toph said:

Considering NPO leads a hegemony in CN, it's pretty safe to assume you're trying to do the same. With the introduction of GOONs and the appearance of your suspicious GPWC horde, it's not far fetched to say you're doing the same here. And it's really kinda sad. Dominating online simulator games to the point of hegemonic stagnation is not in your long-term self interest, and clearly you haven't come to terms with that yet.

You point at all your enemies losing members as a good thing. Funny because everyone used to frown at KT for doing the same. But you don't care about this game having members outside of NPO and it's sphere, and it's obviously just bad for the game. Everything you do is in bad faith, Roq. Maybe one day you'll finally gain some self awareness.

I grew sick of these arguments in CN and I'm already sick of them here. Your fundamental failure to understand what makes GOONS or NPO what they are is precisely why you've lost.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

On 10/20/2019 at 6:20 AM, Buorhann said:

I'm not one of the negotiators, for good reason. 

I assume the reason is the same as Aku's? Since KERCHTOGG isn't including micro alliances like TGH in any discussions.

13 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Please explain how we lost again?

I'd be more interested in hearing you explain how you've somehow won. :,v 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
8 hours ago, Roquentin said:

Let's break it down once more:

1. tS leaves the war without telling NPO because it disagrees with NPO's actions assuming NPO will lose and  frequently says KERTCHOGG is in the right and had trashed NPO to its opponents and ghosted it for several days.

2. NPO covers for a variety of tS actions that undermine NPO's position and embarrass it like protecting Sanreizan/letting in people who had been at war with NPO back in/etc. while NPO is fighting in hopes that the relationship is still salvageable and does its best to sanitize tS perspectives when it is forced to handwave these actions away. tS shoots down mediation attempts.

3. Two alliances exit the coalition NPO is in and sign tS immediately without NPO knowing with it having been in the works for a while. The signings and hostility make it clear that the die has been cast and the sphere is dead and the treaty is just a glorified NAP and post-war positioning has begun with it being known tS will cancel.

4. An ongoing situation with TEst, an alliance led by a KERTCHOGG military leader erupts into resumption of hits. tS goes in for TEst and is countered.  As tS' hostility had been shown, but the treaty exists as a glorified NAP, we move to hit the alliances we can to reduce the pressure on the other alliances.

Did NPO ever tell T$ that IQ never split but just became paperless ?

1 hour ago, Comrade Marx said:

I grew sick of these arguments in CN and I'm already sick of them here. Your fundamental failure to understand what makes GOONS or NPO what they are is precisely why you've lost.

I actually came here to post this. GOONS and NPO for better or worse, have always had a similar mindset, even if we have different routes to the end game or even reasons for getting there. The fact that those in the opposing coalition don't understand them, nor do they care to, only makes your coalition weaker and thus GOONS and NPO stronger. So perhaps they should work on understanding their enemy if they want to be successful in "stopping us".

Just now, Elijah Mikaelson said:

Who are you again?

Someone vastly more important than you, pissant. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
Just now, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

I actually came here to post this. GOONS and NPO for better or worse, have always had a similar mindset, even if we have different routes to the end game or even reasons for getting there. The fact that those in the opposing coalition don't understand them, nor do they care to, only makes your coalition weaker and thus GOONS and NPO stronger. So perhaps they should work on understanding their enemy if they want to be successful in "stopping us".

Until NPO rolls you like they did in CN and then yo die off

1 minute ago, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

Someone vastly more important than you, pissant. 

Another NPO lackey thinking they are anything without NPO, another laughable alliance 

19 minutes ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

If I was going to have a treaty with BK, I'd sign it in paper. It's how the NPO has always functioned, not about to change today ;) 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

Until NPO rolls you like they did in CN and then yo die off

Another NPO lackey thinking they are anything without NPO, another laughable alliance 

*checks treaty web*

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Sphinx said:

I assume the reason is the same as Aku's? Since KERCHTOGG isn't including micro alliances like TGH in any discussions.

I'd be more interested in hearing you explain how you've somehow won. :,v 

Heh
Last I checked, no one has won yet.

(I could be a 1man AA and still have far more pull than you Sphinx)

Also screw reading anything Roq posts while on mobile.  Good lord the walls are annoying.

Edited by Buorhann

Just now, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

we'll all have a chat post war about how to clean your rooms better in the future.

I clean my room just fine, what do you even care!

On 10/20/2019 at 3:17 PM, Roquentin said:

Um, no. Not how it works. You can acknowledge the war is lost but that you can keep fighting for better terms. Akuryo gave his example already. He didn't want to do the infra cap so he made it worth Sphinx's while to go with the mandated repayments instead.

Umm i might catch some flak for this but I think it's rather obvious the war is "lost" and right now both sides are just expending time and resources for a futile cause. Not that I mind killing infantry and looting to fund more wars and forcing your side to waste time and resources fighting me but this farce has went on long enough.

The reason we are continuing to fight is that we need to see and begin negotiating the terms neccesary for this war to end. One can't happen without the other after all. That should be quite obvious.

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

Untitled.png

9 hours ago, CandyShi said:

There is, however, a significant political gain by Coal. B in this scenario since they can just start spamming the logs of "we surrender". 

It's very necessary. If you're unwilling to think your own position through and just say what you're told, you're wasting both of our time. 

Coal B already does claim you lost, besides, sticks and stones? Its okay to not say: 'we lost' if you dont think you lost but nothing happens if you say 'we surrender, we lost'. Its not a mechanic that leads to huge repair payements, an automatic 6 or 9 month nap or anything else.

Again, is that last part needed? Do you tell your alliance mates what to say on the owf? Do you really think aragorn or george tell me what so say? 

14 hours ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

If it became paperless, then it wouldn't have been one of the compromise options  to hit you so both sides would get hit. :P

16 hours ago, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

Did you ever know what you're talking about?

Why are you even here? You're supposed to be "New alliance totally uninvolved with NPO that was started independently". Play your part please and stay quiet.

• Downvote 4

22 minutes ago, Deulos said:

Why are you even here? You're supposed to be "New alliance totally uninvolved with NPO that was started independently". Play your part please and stay quiet.

Well the Unjust Highway ascends, and when we do, we do it with no censorship ;)

24 minutes ago, Deulos said:

He knows what he's talking about though since he was a government member in a different alliance at the start of the war. It's more the thing is I didn't come up with the idea flood the game with new alliances mid-war to kill everyone else off, which is how it's been depicted. The idea for GOONS has been tossed out about for a while and the only time I brought it  earnestly up was before NPO existed  since Sardonic wanted to implement some sort of new political paradigm and the game was fertile ground for that. Oh also few times ComradeMilton was asked why there wasn't a goons here and he felt it wasn't possible at the times he was asked. If they're choosing to die of their own accord, it's one thing, but there wasn't like a meeting where we devised plans to completely wipe all these people out by bringing in new alliances. They're kind of dying on their own swords.

I'd like to take this time to remind Coalition A that you wouldn't have had to fight GOONS or GPWC if you hadn't attacked them first. There sure is a lot of !@#$ing about them on here considering that y'all literally dragged them into a war they had no intention of joining.

Imagine sacrificing the low tier just so you could have another thing to whine about on the forums ?