peace talks

Utter Nutter

Just now, Buorhann said:

The talks during that time, I'm pretty sure the terms were presented to them before they had to admit surrender/defeat.  We didn't hold the terms till after they admitted defeat.  As a matter of fact, I don't think any of the wars had that precedence till now.

Every alliance that departed this war were presented terms to negotiate with before accepting defeat/surrender.

Yeah yeah, I'm sure you're on the boat of "harmless spy operations on alliances in war" shouldn't result in any consequences.

tumblr-al.gif

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 3

10 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

The talks during that time, I'm pretty sure the terms were presented to them before they had to admit surrender/defeat.  We didn't hold the terms till after they admitted defeat.  As a matter of fact, I don't think any of the wars had that precedence till now.

Every alliance that departed this war were presented terms to negotiate with before accepting defeat/surrender.

Yeah yeah, I'm sure you're on the boat of "harmless spy operations on alliances in war" shouldn't result in any consequences.

I don't claim to know a lot about this game but you seem like the worst kind of pubbie.

unknown.png

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Comrade Marx said:

Please keep acting like 2 spy ops from newbie nations are some existential threat to your pathetic war effort that demanded the overblown response you gave.

It makes you look even more pathetic.

Only 2 were caught, but there were multiple reports.  Considering GOONS declared neutrality, yet some of their nations got caught in the midst of multiple reports, and the talks between Shiho and Jazz basically went no where...   well, here we are.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, Comrade Marx said:

Please keep acting like 2 spy ops from newbie nations are some existential threat to your pathetic war effort that demanded the overblown response you gave.

It makes you look even more pathetic.

Remember who you're talking to, 2 spy ops from 2 nations is about what a micro like TGH would consider to be their war effort.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Only 2 were caught, but there were multiple reports.  Considering GOONS declared neutrality, yet some of their nations got caught in the midst of multiple reports, and the talks between Shiho and Jazz basically went no where...   well, here we are.

Okay I admit I also spied against your nation and now hold crucial information that can lead to the loss of your alliance.

Please punish me accordingly.

Edited by Michaellaneous
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

An alliance involved in a global war, with multiple reports of unidentified spy ops against it? dd3.png

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

I mean I can see the confusion. If Goons tell their noobs no one in the top 50 or protected by them, technically TGH is a valid target. 

I guess all of KETOG is out of the Top 50.

Any alliance that has this in their profile deserves to be bullied:

The Golden Horde is an active military-focused alliance motivated by a thirst for conflict, chaos and conquest. Members of The Golden Horde are not farmers, nor diplomats, but warriors, united by the singular purpose of expanding the dominion of The Golden Horde and bringing glory and honor to the Great Khan.

Double goes for the guy who photoshopped his deviantart OC into some pictures for the page.

• Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

I mean I can see the confusion. If Goons tell their noobs no one in the top 50 or protected by them, technically TGH is a valid target. 

Then I suggest this

https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=4460

Out of the top 50 and not protected by them

I bet they can make a good loot

18 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Still on about the surrender first thing, eh? Alright, i never fully disclosed the exact process for me i guess, i can't speak for Ming, and European States left when the war was still a draw and didn't have to surrender, and i noticed Ming and NP have been pointed to recently as "Examples to expect", so here's your example to expect. 

For context, i approached personally after about, maybe 10-14 days of self deliberations. I was well beyond ready to step out, at the start of that timeline it'd been nearly 2 weeks since anyone but myself in NP had launched an offensive, everyone else had switched to raw producing 600 infra and builds and slapped onto 100/100. Anyway, during this period Mhearl in Rose was working to try and get us out, alongside TKR trying to get their prots out. Weeks prior Coalition B proposed a deal to peace out smaller alliances, and they tried to bring that back, Coalition B wasn't biting it. 

So anyway, after about two weeks of this i figured, Sphinx is a negotiator. He's a good friend of mine and we've a long and storied relationship, i'm still new to FA, but i think i can handle this. I DM Mhearl, tell him i know Coalition B isn't biting on any deals and that's the wall he's hitting and i'm gonna for it myself, which he didn't mind at all.

Now above me here, Bourhann says no one else who left had to surrender first before getting terms, and initially i nodded and went "Yep, true", and then i thought about it. I thought about it and realized, actually one of the first things said to me when i asked about peace was "You're looking to surrender?" or something to that effect. The entire question and answer was a measly two lines from two people that had, frankly, very little bearing on anything stated afterwards, aside from the very first term being an affirmation of my answer to that question.

Among the first things pushed to me was the same thing they did to Clan Callan, infra limits. Now what happened next with these, contradictory to what KERCHTOGG expects would have happened considering, my response was i straight up told him to throw that garbage in the trash because it wasn't happening. I had a variety of arguments and reasons for why that was just a complete non-starter, primarily because if not for some of our new allies lending us assistance we'd be plugging away at a sizable debt while trying to rebuild a bank.

As you can see from our actual terms, there were no infra limits. Despite having already surrendered, i drew a red line, and Sphinx and i worked together and found something else to bargain as a replacement for it, we both liked it, and Coalition B's leaders were convinced of it too. This would be the debt terms, which i bargained were better than infra limits after doing the math and seeing that if the war went on for another ~month or so after, i'd actually be in the positive. Mhearl warned me about it, he thought there was a good chance it'd only go another 3, though i'm not sure what gave him such confidence :P

The other big disagreement was the NAP. Sphinx came with 8, said he had to talk that down from the original 9 someone said. I said that was patently absurd, 3 is perfectly fine. If you check the terms, it ended up at 6, and everybody was unhappy, just like compromises should leave you!

Everything else was meme terms i didn't mind, and infact attempting to draw a picture in MS paint for Yui was pretty amusing, and more difficult than i anticipated it would be. 

So, anyway, that textwall over, since somebody pointed to NP and Ming as an example, there's the actual NP perspective. I surrendered before being given other terms, and despite that when i disagreed with or outright drew a red line where i'd turn right around and leave, they were negotiated and replaced with something agreeable to everyone. There was nothing stopping me from yeeting right out the window anytime i wanted after surrendering, what were they gonna do? Declare i surrendered on the forums and... stop attacking me? Yeah, uh, okay, go for it. I don't know what terms will be given to KERCHTOGG as a whole or how exactly they'll differ from mine, but i can tell you the pre-surrender was a completely irrelevant factor that didn't come up a single time afterwards in negotiations, disputes or otherwise.

Hope that helps somebody make their decisions, whatever decisions those may be, for whatever reasons they feel just.

this is a whole lot of words im never going to read

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Calm down.  Wasn't aware BK needed your help too, but I guess so.

Hello, coward!

Are you a chicken? Because you keep crossing the road and getting you and your alliance killed instead of just surrendering.

Just surrender already, you incompetent coward,

Undersecretary to the Office of PILOT EMERIUS, SUPREME CHAIRMAN OF THE GOONLAND COMMUNIST PARTY
Supreme Mugwump of the House of Foreign Affairs, Tobacco, and Firearms
Stairs To The House Of Prosperity Board Member
Chief Executive Officer of Builders League United
Keeper of Keys and Grounds at the Goonland School of Communism and Cutlery
Communist Weekly's Most Handsome Comrade Winner

Blutarch Mann

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Comrade Marx said:

Imagine being this bitter about losing.

I can't. 

By the time an enemy actually finishes off my resistance I've already moved on to two other wars.

• Downvote 1

ribbon - golden steak.png

Feeding the alliance, one conquest at a time.