Add Anti-Aircraft to Tanks

Changeup

Call me silly, but tanks* do already help against aircraft. You get Ground Control over your opponent then 1/3 of their airforce is grounded. Which is quite useful if you're fighting an 'aircraft only' opponent

That being said, I do agree with the general idea that airstrikes shouldn't be invulnerable if you have no airforce. There has to be some % loss through AA

* well, ground units as a whole but tanks are the most powerful of those

Edited by Mandystalin
clarity

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
1 hour ago, Mandystalin said:

Call me silly, but tanks* do already help against aircraft. You get Ground Control over your opponent then 1/3 of their airforce is grounded. Which is quite useful if you're fighting an 'aircraft only' opponent

That being said, I do agree with the general idea that airstrikes shouldn't be invulnerable if you have no airforce. There has to be some % loss through AA

* well, ground units as a whole but tanks are the most powerful of those

what good are tanks if you have no air, having GC does nothing for that.

The whole point of people spamming about improving the war system as right now it takes ZERO skill to win, all you need is more nations/cities and just spam air attacks nothing more, adding a system where something other than planes can kill planes will improve the war system.

2015: ability to hit planes with other units please

2016: ability to hit planes with other units please

2017: ability to hit planes with other units please

2018: ability to hit planes with other units please

2019: ability to hit planes with other units please

Alex any year: No, but what about this new beautiful *insert some useful change*?

I think we should stop asking and see if reverse psychology works

• Haha 3

How about being able to hit planes with a new unit: The USS Enterprise! 

Map cost: 14 points. 

Dmg: 150% of total infra in target nation for 4/3 of its cities

Bonus effect: the nation can never again ask for tanks with anti air

• Downvote 1

I suggested anti aircraft guns a long time ago as a national project. It obviously would be hella expensive and it could ground a third of your aircraft.Which is realistic because those guns tend to hit friendly aircraft if you aren't careful.

Edited by Deulos

22 hours ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

what good are tanks if you have no air, having GC does nothing for that.

The whole point of people spamming about improving the war system as right now it takes ZERO skill to win, all you need is more nations/cities and just spam air attacks nothing more, adding a system where something other than planes can kill planes will improve the war system.

The basic problem with the war system is that if you're attacked by multiple players employing any form of coordination then you can't buy back enough military forces per day to recover. Aircraft make such a win simpler for the attacker, but the same result would occur if aircraft were as single-focussed as naval & ground.

Having a % of aircraft losses to AA fire would be nice, but in a typical dog pile war would not actually help unless they were very high indeed.

Obvious example, I currently have 3 defensive wars, in the opening attacks my opponents dropped me from 1400ish aircraft to 400ish. I can buy under 300 per day. There is no possible way to recover. They are now effectively free to airstrike at will, but take out the option of hitting tanks, troops and ships by air and they would simply run coordinated naval and ground attacks with the same result as they  had against my aircraft.

On 10/16/2019 at 12:51 AM, Elijah Mikaelson said:

http://politicsandwar.com/index.php?id=129

this would fit most peoples needs

yes but it was shot down by Green Protection Agency i believe when it was first announced and despite a post about the perks coming up every month or so Alex never responds

Edit: Original thread 

The picture is not there anymore (at least for me) but it is the same thing that's in your link

Edited by Viselli

gg-fu-banner.png

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
3 hours ago, Viselli said:

yes but it was shot down by Green Protection Agency i believe when it was first announced and despite a post about the perks coming up every month or so Alex never responds

Edit: Original thread 

The picture is not there anymore (at least for me) but it is the same thing that's in your link

well not sure why GPA would say no, not like they know or are able to fight lol

18 minutes ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

well not sure why GPA would say no, not like they know or are able to fight lol

Thats exactly why they were against it. They were anti-war and had a large forum population and were able to sway Alex on a number of things, like the military black market too

gg-fu-banner.png