Remove Keno

Raphael

Just now, Vivec said:

Games of chance shouldn't be a viable method to grow your nation.

People spend lots of money and loose it all.

2 minutes ago, BowShot118 said:

Just because someone got incredibly lucky doesn't mean it should be removed entirely.

• Upvote 1

nr-memoriam.png

Lmao why are you jealous that someone just got lucky?

Would you say the same if you were the one who won $25bn from Keno.
There's no reason to remove Keno or Dice from the game just because a little plebian is jealous he wasn't lucky enough to score a few extra bucks on a game of chance.

Edited by Hassan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

There's been plenty of people hitting jackpots on a regular occurrence. I don't think Keno should be removed however I'd suggest the following nerfs. 

1. Lower current winnable amounts to 1/10 of what they are now.

2. Add a 5 second limit between games.

3. Cap 100% winnings at 10 games. 10% thereafter.

Edited by Tiberius
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Edward I said:

On average, keno is a cash sink and so probably a good thing. To prevent gigantic winnings - which are problematic - cap the amount you can bet at a single time.

If I'm not mistaken it is capped already, just that it's at 50m and the highest jackpot is *1000.

Obviously, that's probably too high of a limit.

1 hour ago, Akuryo said:

If I'm not mistaken it is capped already, just that it's at 50m and the highest jackpot is *1000.

Obviously, that's probably too high of a limit.

I didn't know that because I understand probability and therefore don't play keno, but I agree that's definitely too high.

He did decide to punish everybody who invested in Baseball to make money; by making it useless with no refunds mid war. Since some (Akuryo) wanted to kill Baseball before wanted to fight me again. I see no reason to keep any of these side games, should just get rid of them all & refund investments. Make it just war if he's going that route. lol

• Downvote 3

8 hours ago, Hassan said:

Lmao why are you jealous that someone just got lucky?

Would you say the same if you were the one who won $25bn from Keno.
There's no reason to remove Keno or Dice from the game just because a little plebian is jealous he wasn't lucky enough to score a few extra bucks on a game of chance.

I've actually won $500m from keno the one time I played it. Yes I still think it should be removed lol.

I'm not saying take their money away, I'm saying close the loophole so future people can't spawn $25b into the game. It's also not the first time this particular nation that I'm referring to has won an abnormally large jackpot so I'm also worried that keno is exploitable.

Edited by Vivec

15 hours ago, Edward I said:

On average, keno is a cash sink and so probably a good thing. To prevent gigantic winnings - which are problematic - cap the amount you can bet at a single time.

Keno is already capped at $50 million per game. Otherwise, alliances, before they lose wars, would decide to blow the alliance bank on Keno on the off chance that they hit the 500 billion jackpot and boost all their nations to C30 or C40.

Pragmatically, the problem with Keno is that the max jackpot is huge. It's the difference between Keno and Dice; Dice has only 1.5% expected losses per game, but Dice only gives you a max of 25 million return on hitting the jackpot. If, say, 10000 players play about 1000 games each of Keno at 50 million, and most players end up losing 1.750 billion, there's a 63% chance at least one player will end up hitting the 500 billion jackpot. And that's really destabilizing, for a single individual to randomly luck out and hit 500 billion, which is more than the quantity of money in all nations right now. Hell, it's half of the quantity needed to hit 100 cities, about the quantity needed for NPO to hit 25 cities, and so on.

Keno is also an incredible money laundering opportunity. Let's say, if Pooball had decided to launder all his money through Keno, with 400bn, he'd have a reasonable chance to claim that he won all his money fair and square on Keno, since the cheatcoin ended up getting converted to Keno winnings. We'd probably never have been able to bomb him under those circumstances.

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Inst said:

Let's say, if Pooball had decided to launder all his money through Keno, with 400bn, he'd have a reasonable chance to claim that he won all his money fair and square on Keno, since the cheatcoin ended up getting converted to Keno winnings. We'd probably never have been able to bomb him under those circumstances.

A pity the greatest exploit fell into the most overconfident hands.

How about we stop removing fun aspects of the game? So what if people win big? That's the point of the lottery. Lose a lot of money for the chance to win big. Keno adds a game mechanic that kills boredom with a chance of getting your next city.

• Like 1

BILL THE MOOSE!!

emoji2.png

Lets be realistic here

1. people hit jackpots once a while (and no not real jackpots) but its no where near game breaking, in fact id bet to say if there were stats Keno eats more money than people win. 

2. Its interesting to see some people say shit against it.. like your in favor of baseball where your 100% going to will money but against Keno? .... dont get me wrong im in favor of baseball and mad it got nerfed but something i found funny

3. Ive played Keno since ive made this nation, lately ive been on a loosing stint so id say i evened out all my winnings, it does not bother me someone else won 25bnn, i actually think i congratulated him  

Please dont make suggestions cause ur pissy u did not win

7 hours ago, Inst said:

Keno is also an incredible money laundering opportunity. Let's say, if Pooball had decided to launder all his money through Keno, with 400bn, he'd have a reasonable chance to claim that he won all his money fair and square on Keno, since the cheatcoin ended up getting converted to Keno winnings. We'd probably never have been able to bomb him under those circumstances.

er actually he did claim Keno and it was till figured out

• Upvote 1

0b3897cd640f95254329f7a2d45d8c77b1c120e.

Just as Baseball was unfair for Akuryo since he didn't play; wouldn't it be unfair for people to get rich off this for those who don't use it on the same token though? Spawning $25b from just luck rather than investing a bunch & spending a lot of time getting a small fraction of that money with baseball seems odd.

Feel like the only reason to keep this and break baseball is those who didn't invest in baseball didn't want others making anything off it. Although people don't need to spend a bunch upgrading their keno to win more money; so breaking this Keno without refunds would make more sense than breaking baseball without refunds at least.

Just now, Elijah Mikaelson said:

One guy wins 25 billion and
100.webp?cid=790b7611ca9095162090d25018e

I think of this as more pointing out how much of a joke it was breaking baseball because somebody who doesn't use thought it unfair people were making a fraction of that; while needing to invest over $50m in it to make anything before the nerf. Personally I don't really care about Keno; although if its purely a war game & people making money off the side games needs to be fixed; maybe Keno should be next. lol