new government level

rayxhunter

3 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

Why?

#1 it helps separates the high gov from low one reason you might want to do that is for example 

If you have a economics person who is in high gov and you also have low gov people they would all be officers 

And since you have the economic person as an officer you have to set your alliance withdrawal permission to officers that means everyone that's an officer can make withdrawals

So having an high gov't and low would 

Would help not having everyone having access you only attend for a small group to have(high gov't) 

And will not have everyone clustered in on category (officer) 

1 minute ago, Akuryo said:

People have been asking for this for a long time. There's a good reason for it, for example i make low gov as officers. I'd like my econ head to have a low gov, however, because he's econ, he'd need bank access to do his job. Creating an offshore to protect against a full robbery is easy, since low gov is still a starter job even if only more experienced players would be given this opportunity anyway.

The problem is that only high gov (heir) and leader have bank access. If i make them as an heir, now i risk getting couped. I can't simply give the permissions to officer, as  as i've stated low gov econ has a higher entry bar, and i dont want to give bank access to people who may well be total noobs that wanted to learn and help IA. I could demote them all so they are just members ingame, but now they can't do their jobs, which include interviewing and accepting applicants, dealing with inactives, or making announcements. 

However if a 4th gov position is added i can now have myself, the 2ic if/when i choose one, the high gov with the low gov econ in there (since that level wouldn't be able to coup) and then everyone else in low gov, and everyone able to perform their jobs without me risking a coup, 
Alternatively take one of the good things from CN and make it possible to assign certain permissions to certain people, as this also fixes the problem.

Right!!! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'd like the abilty to create positions and set powers for positions tbh, maybe have a set max of 5 but diffrent tiering of gov is critical and allows it to be manageable to both micros and macro alliances.

• Upvote 4

Guest PhantomThiefB

It might be a good idea to make governments customizable for alliances.

For example Alex could limit government to a maximum of 5 tiers and minimum of 2. Then allow alliance's to set government permissions however they want. IE, bank access, recruitment acceptance, etc. Just a rough idea if anyone thinks it's good they can flesh it out. ?

16 hours ago, Akuryo said:

People have been asking for this for a long time. There's a good reason for it, for example i make low gov as officers. I'd like my econ head to have a low gov, however, because he's econ, he'd need bank access to do his job. Creating an offshore to protect against a full robbery is easy, since low gov is still a starter job even if only more experienced players would be given this opportunity anyway.

The problem is that only high gov (heir) and leader have bank access. If i make them as an heir, now i risk getting couped. I can't simply give the permissions to officer, as  as i've stated low gov econ has a higher entry bar, and i dont want to give bank access to people who may well be total noobs that wanted to learn and help IA. I could demote them all so they are just members ingame, but now they can't do their jobs, which include interviewing and accepting applicants, dealing with inactives, or making announcements. 

However if a 4th gov position is added i can now have myself, the 2ic if/when i choose one, the high gov with the low gov econ in there (since that level wouldn't be able to coup) and then everyone else in low gov, and everyone able to perform their jobs without me risking a coup, 
Alternatively take one of the good things from CN and make it possible to assign certain permissions to certain people, as this also fixes the problem.

This post is my new favorite Aku post love you Akuuuuuuu

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Akuryo said:

(I've only read like your first paragraph so this probably has nothing to do with your later stuff, ain't nobody got no time for that) 

Boris proposes a simple solution, give all members access to the bank. Problem solved.

21 hours ago, Dusty said:

I'd like the abilty to create positions and set powers for positions tbh, maybe have a set max of 5 but diffrent tiering of gov is critical and allows it to be manageable to both micros and macro alliance.

Boris approves this message.