Baseball Players

Guest PhantomThiefB

Guest PhantomThiefB

This is a suggestion to add in more natural growth towards baseball players or to remove the age/retirement altogether. As it stands to get a player to 100 Speed/Awareness it takes about 8000 games to max and since the soft cap has been added it's essentially impossible for us to retain maxed teams. Also it would be a good idea to make it so pitching/batting grows naturally as well. Furthermore I would also propose to lower the costs of upgrading baseball players too as it's simply not worth the investment anymore. @Alex

If anyone else has idea's please feel free to add in whatever.

• Administrators

I have no interest in spending development time on baseball. The recent changes were just to ensure it's not OP.

I probably shouldn't have added baseball to begin with- I just had an idea after I took my first computer science classes in college and wanted to try it out. This is a nation simulator, not a baseball simulator after all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

53 minutes ago, Alex said:

I have no interest in spending development time on baseball. The recent changes were just to ensure it's not OP.

I probably shouldn't have added baseball to begin with- I just had an idea after I took my first computer science classes in college and wanted to try it out. This is a nation simulator, not a baseball simulator after all.

No need to spend any development time, but should probably reduce some of the Timers a little bit more and that's it ❤️ (it won't be OP with the current Game Limits per day)  -- particular for Away players.  

it seems to me that all the Away  players just quit so I'm not getting any games except the occasional new gullible Away player trying it out then getting bored.  

----

Also lol, there are multiple Discord Servers and Community groups centered around your Baseball feature, which I don't think you expected but it's what it is XD  Well it's fine now 

anyway good luck 

Edited by Yuno

1 hour ago, Alex said:

It is also a part of the game your players play whether you intended it to be the case or not. Shunning it and the players who play it isn't a recipe for retention. That goes for all parts of the game.

Edited by Tiberius
  • Upvote 2

Guest PhantomThiefB
6 hours ago, Alex said:

So I can't ask you to balance it but it's okay to nerf it to make it impossible to keep up a natural 100 score team? I'm not asking you to break anything, I shouldn't be forced to put more money then I make into the mini game to enjoy it(wasn't your original idea to make only a little bit as a distraction to the main game?), which was the point of me playing as many game as I did, so I didn't have to continue sinking tons of money into my players.

Your right you shouldn't have added it, however you did and the rest of your playerbase benefited off of 5 years, so why can't I? Are you gonna compensate me and all the other new nations for the 5 years everyone else got? No? Then maybe don't screw the rest of us so your top players can stay on top forever and the rest of us have no chance of catching up. My suggestion wouldn't break anything, it would simply balance things so nations might still play a bit of baseball since if you haven't noticed yet you killed it entirely. Feel free to look up today's stats as proof. Today it took me about 6-7 hours to run 111 games compared to the 1450 aways I did yesterday. So now I guess I need to waste even more of my life playing, thanks Alex, because I wasn't spending enough time on your game already.

I think Alex does have a point, that this isn't a baseball simulator so it makes sense he doesn't want to spend time development into Baseball. But I do have to agree on one thing. Nerfing the baseball earning is okay by limit of 1000 games of profit and reduced 10% after those games which include away games that earn such little earnings, but lowering a bit prices of baseball players is not okay? Hmm, I think it's just a few simple adjustment though. There's no improvement or development on baseball which I think it's fine, it's okay if everyone's suggestion for baseball tournament does not get improved because that's considered as 'improvement'. But making the baseball players cost less wouldn't really hurt, right? Sometimes we even get an old player - 31 years old lol, which can't last as long as a 20 years old player, but investment on it is still the same. Luck or no luck I guess? Unlucky you got to play as hard as u could to get back what you spend on that 31 year old player. Maybe a suggestion that to have a 'fix' age on a baseball player? 18-20 years would be preferable for me.

One more thing, I do think players age growing in VM is still a problem though. Might not be big, but still an issue. Hmm. Oh well.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

This is a suggestion to add in more natural growth towards baseball players or to remove the age/retirement altogether. As it stands to get a player to 100 Speed/Awareness it takes about 8000 games to max and since the soft cap has been added it's essentially impossible for us to retain maxed teams. Also it would be a good idea to make it so pitching/batting grows naturally as well. Furthermore I would also propose to lower the costs of upgrading baseball players too as it's simply not worth the investment anymore. @Alex

If anyone else has idea's please feel free to add in whatever.

I always assumed the idea was that you have to pay out if you want the bigger profits.