Reduce Baseball Nerfs

Lu Xun

Just remove the rate limit in my opinion. Because it's never going to just be a 3 sec delay as you have to factor in the host queue. If there's 5 people in the queue. Then the away player can clear that in 25 seconds. Or 15 seconds with a 3 sec delay. As a home player you are looking at waiting 5 sec to be able to hit the hose button and then 20 seconds to have your match played in this scenario. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Just remove the rate limit in my opinion. Because it's never going to just be a 3 sec delay as you have to factor in the host queue. If there's 5 people in the queue. Then the away player can clear that in 25 seconds. Or 15 seconds with a 3 sec delay. As a home player you are looking at waiting 5 sec to be able to hit the hose button and then 20 seconds to have your match played in this scenario. 

image.png.677e75460158f798c296c1ec9f5cedaf.png

• Downvote 2

You want to be able to make 22 million a day on baseball? So, more than an infra'd up 25 city nation does. That sounds like a reasonable amount to you?

[In before downvotes from the click brigade]

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

59 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

You want to be able to make 22 million a day on baseball? So, more than an infra'd up 25 city nation does. That sounds like a reasonable amount to you?

[In before downvotes from the click brigade]

Players want fair compensation for the time invested playing the game. Same as the advantage those who have played the game longer get. Until Baseball is removed as a feature/gameplay then you should absolutely be reasonably rewarded. Only Alex can determine what is reasonable in the context of the games econony and he has decided with the changes that if you dont tip 22million is reasonable. Even so the whole entire earnings from baseball over the years only equates to 2% of the whole cash circulating in game, it really is inconsequential.

Edited by Tiberius

I'm just playing eve, it's way more interesting.

Lol at the guy saying nations shouldnt earn more than infra'd up 22 city nations. I earn more than just raiding, which is like 10-30 clicks xD There's no incentive to grow in this game, hence the distorted nation scores

Baseball nerfs are horrible and players should be compensated for their teams

Edited by Marlboro lalo
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Even so the whole entire earnings from baseball over the years only equates to 2% of the whole cash circulating in game, it really is inconsequential.

According to Alex's initial post when he raised the possibility of nerfing baseball, one player had earned 2% of the total cash in-game. Admittedly the earning per player fell away quite steeply after the top few, but still it makes you realise the earning potential of baseball if you really go for it

1 hour ago, Mandystalin said:

According to Alex's initial post when he raised the possibility of nerfing baseball, one player had earned 2% of the total cash in-game. Admittedly the earning per player fell away quite steeply after the top few, but still it makes you realise the earning potential of baseball if you really go for it

I stand corrected. That however was cheating, but the cheater is still playing the game. Even so I'm guessing if you added it all up its likely <5% which is still a miniscule amount. The caps are absolutely fine. However the rate limit has killed baseball. So I suppose @Alex has achieved what he wanted to. There's also more cash in circulation from Keno than baseball has added in 5 years. 

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Doesn't get tracked so we won't know.

it probably does we just aren't allowed to see it. It is however, a net money sink, unless blessed by RNG.

Baseball is already dead; better to try getting Alex to refund it than try getting it fixed. Since as Alex implied, it was meant to be a side game of no real use. Apparently getting lucky on a dice roll he values more than people actively playing. I've had 1 player already die since he broke baseball, hopefully he refunds before everyone who invested in baseball players recently lose money and get punished for using the feature.

1 hour ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Baseball is already dead; better to try getting Alex to refund it than try getting it fixed. Since as Alex implied, it was meant to be a side game of no real use. Apparently getting lucky on a dice roll he values more than people actively playing. I've had 1 player already die since he broke baseball, hopefully he refunds before everyone who invested in baseball players recently lose money and get punished for using the feature.

There's still people playing it so it's would be unfair on those to remove it. It simply needs the rate limit removed and cap the games at 1k homes or aways and make max home revenue 14k and give max away revenue 14k. Removes the need for tipping and will not affect whether you play those 1k games home or away.

1 hour ago, Akuryo said:

it probably does we just aren't allowed to see it. It is however, a net money sink, unless blessed by RNG.

Someone asked Alex and he said he didn't have Keno tracked. So we will never know how much has been won/spent playing Keno, unless he has started to track it. 

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

There's still people playing it so it's would be unfair on those to remove it. It simply needs the rate limit removed and cap the games at 1k homes or aways and make max home revenue 14k and give max away revenue 14k. Removes the need for tipping and will not affect whether you play those 1k games home or away.

Someone asked Alex and he said he didn't have Keno tracked. So we will never know how much has been won/spent playing Keno, unless he has started to track it. 

Would be 100% fair if he refunds everybody while he tries to fix baseball; then people can choose if they think its worth investing in with the changes. Although currently its not. Although would be a really shitty move if he makes all our investments in our players go to waste completely as its broken; while they die off.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

My 2 favorite childhood games, Final Fantasy 7 and Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars both had games within the games. Also when younger and interested in creating games, always liked the idea of having an arcade within the game, where people can play mini-games.

So just because this is a politics and war game doesn't mean these side games don't add anything of value to the game; so think its overall a bad idea for Alex to listen to those who don't play them & don't want others using them either. Although on the flip side, when I first started playing I did think the baseball thing was pretty stupid, until I realized it could be useful. So I think nerfing all these side games he's made into purely being a waste of time & useless would maybe be worse than removing it completely. Making baseball mostly useless when people can make a lot more money other ways; just because those who don't want to play it suddenly decided it was unfair people playing them were benefiting was a bad idea.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

I'm a casual baseball player. When I log in I'll typically clear any Away Games and then host a Home Game. Sometimes when bored I play a little longer. I was always a bit frustrated at the hoop-jumping and waiting involved with Captcha, but now I also have to wait for a screen-cracking advert to load and then scroll down to find how far the 'play' button has moved. Really puts me off what was once quite an enjoyable part of the game.

• Upvote 2