Exploiting a Naval glitch doesn't make you a better player

Sphinx

We can't actually prove you did it on purpose, and in my opinion, it's just as likely that it's an accident. Right now, my compendium tracks 3 t$ e$ having been advantaged by the glitch, one Typhon accused of having been advantaged by the glitch, one Empyrea member having been advantaged by the glitch, and two GOONS members who have been advantaged by the glitch, one involving an alliance on their own sphere and involving a war that was quickly peaced out.

The best response for all involved right now would be for Alex to announce the glitch, as well as that he's tracking the glitch, and that further incidents would be considered intentional and be punished by a nation strike. This should be reiterated on the naval attack page, or alternately, that naval attacks involve a pop-up that issues the glitch warning about the update.

===

The odd thing I would put, however, is that House Stark and so on have been encouraging naval-intensive warfare on nations that have been deprived of their infra, which would create an increased incidence of the glitch. I'd also point out that this glitch was reported a few updates ago, yet we had further incidents of this by t$/e$. It could be just the inability for information to trickle down to alliance members, but it would have been better if t$/e$ had avoided glitching or used "safe" wars involving members of their own coalition testing features.

Edited by Inst
  • Downvote 1

I don't think it's intentional either. I want t$ to get crushed but not because of false "accusations".

The first explanation I can think of on why it seems to happen to t$ more often than other alliances is because they are currently in the position of having wars in which their aircraft and ground is getting crushed, so mass navaling kinda remains as the only choice of attack. On the other hand coalition b tends to do more airstrikes and ground battles and thus it happens to them less. So basically t$ may just do a lot more naval attacks. Whether that's actually the case or not, who knows, but I feel that it makes sense

• Upvote 3

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
1 hour ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

As long as he stops troop creation too

So he should stop people from moving banks around too until he fix the bug where AK cheated too?

You forgot to mention that David insta-beiged in two separate wars. I'm starting to doubt they're making honest mistakes, and rather knowingly exploiting a glitch.
https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=520090
https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=520159

And regardless if he did this deliberately or not, he's using this exploit to rebuild units without any repercussion.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Dryad said:

I don't think it's intentional either. I want t$ to get crushed but not because of false "accusations".

If this war was a lot closer you wouldn't be making this argument. I do not want to see this problem come up again in the future.

13 minutes ago, Krouton said:

If this war was a lot closer you wouldn't be making this argument. I do not want to see this problem come up again in the future.

Dryad's alliance has been busy getting crushed by e$/t$ for the past few months. They finally agreed to a ceasefire, then one of their raiders started it again a while back. So Dryad does have reason to care about the subject.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Comrade Marx said:

The entire war system in this game is counter-intuitive and stupid, to be quite honest. I don't know how you folks have tolerated it for so long.

This is the fifth war system this game has had.  They had to get rid of the other four due to Arrgh

tvPWtuA.gif

There is a lot of this going on, it happened for myself which I've reported directed to Alex, he thanked me and is aware of the issue. As Sphinx mentioned earlier if you run 3 navals that should be your lot, honest people may stop but you will still have the extra unused maps which you will use later in the war. What happens then? (one of my members had 3 navals against them at 3am and another at 4am) Are you still exploiting the bug? Massive grey area and it needs to fixed ASAP. 

24 minutes ago, Blink said:

There is a lot of this going on, it happened for myself which I've reported directed to Alex, he thanked me and is aware of the issue. As Sphinx mentioned earlier if you run 3 navals that should be your lot, honest people may stop but you will still have the extra unused maps which you will use later in the war. What happens then? (one of my members had 3 navals against them at 3am and another at 4am) Are you still exploiting the bug? Massive grey area and it needs to fixed ASAP. 

As I've said to TCW, there's a thread up in Tech Support asking for people to report naval glitches. Report all glitches there so we know what's happening and it can be handled and resolved in a neutral way.

I assume Alex is on holiday or something and not available to deal with this at the moment.

I hope this problem becomes fixed. It's really inconvenient (and difficult) that honest players have to manually *count their hours* to ensure that they're using the amount of MAPs they're fairly *supposed to be using.*

Edited by Yuno
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, Yuno said:

I hope this problem becomes fixed. It's really inconvenient (and difficult) that honest players have to manually *count their hours* to ensure that they're using the amount of MAPs they're fairly *supposed to be using.*

Do you remember when we had no MAP counter? I do

On 10/5/2019 at 10:09 AM, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

See, the problem with this is you're using their exploitation of a glitch as a political grab. What we should be doing reporting every instance of it so they get nation strikes.

It's always been a political grab with NPO. They are the ones that whine about bugs and glitches that somehow make them lose, and they don't exist. Then when happens to them the blow up tech support repotrting errors (SPOONS as well). I think Alex is just sick of all the whining he just doesn't even respond. I don't blame him.

19 hours ago, Yuno said:

Where is your nation link? You don't even know what's happening but you're agreeing.

20 hours ago, Inst said:

I assume Alex is on holiday or something and not available to deal with this at the moment.

He's ignoring the crap. He knows what yall are doing. If you play the game right you wouldn't have to worry whether Alex is on vacation.

• Downvote 4

16 minutes ago, Deulos said:

It's always been a political grab with NPO. They are the ones that whine about bugs and glitches that somehow make them lose, and they don't exist. Then when happens to them the blow up tech support repotrting errors (SPOONS as well). I think Alex is just sick of all the whining he just doesn't even respond. I don't blame him.

Where is your nation link? You don't even know what's happening but you're agreeing.

He's ignoring the crap. He knows what yall are doing. If you play the game right you wouldn't have to worry whether Alex is on vacation.

Actually, wasn't banning lordpoo politically profitable for BK and advantageous for KETOG? So, should we unban lordpoo if it's politically motivated, and tell everyone that you can exploit as much as you want and just ruin the game markets? Why not just ask Alex to ban all of ex-IQ plain and simple? You're already calling for them to disband, why not go ahead with that?

I want to point out that, as I PMed you in game, you've gone off the deep-end. You downvoted a post that a t$ gov member upvoted calling for TCW to be civil and diplomatic in handling the glitch business. You downvoted a post documenting GOONS' self-report of triggering the glitch, as well as telling the self-reporter to be more judicious and not use MAP generated by the glitch.

I've said that I think that most people in all spheres are decent people. But sometimes they go off the deep end, and get consumed by rancor that clouds their objectivity. This particular rancor, I think, is making you stupid.

Edited by Inst

15 minutes ago, Inst said:

Actually, wasn't banning lordpoo politically profitable for BK and advantageous for KETOG? So, should we unban lordpoo if it's politically motivated, and tell everyone that you can exploit as much as you want and just ruin the game markets? Why not just ask Alex to ban all of ex-IQ plain and simple? You're already calling for them to disband, why not go ahead with that?

You're trying to accuse me of cheating or supporting cheaters? I would never ever cheat in this game. It is detestable that someone would do so. It makes everything less fun. I am saying that to throw out wild accusations about one side cheating win coming from the side that already plays unfairly is just the pot calling the kettle black. GOWNS and MPO is trying to blow up tech support and bombard Alex with all types of errors so he'll change stuff around.

16 minutes ago, Deulos said:

You're trying to accuse me of cheating or supporting cheaters? I would never ever cheat in this game. It is detestable that someone would do so. It makes everything less fun. I am saying that to throw out wild accusations about one side cheating win coming from the side that already plays unfairly is just the pot calling the kettle black. GOWNS and MPO is trying to blow up tech support and bombard Alex with all types of errors so he'll change stuff around.

I'm accusing you neither of cheating nor am I accusing you of supporting cheaters. Alex has already ruled on this subject, he believes this to be a glitch, albeit an exploitable one, and cases thus far do not, to him, seem to be deliberate.

I'm accusing you of having lost your objectivity with your dislike of GOONS and NPO and attacking even valid projects that are trying to monitor the occurrence of the glitch to deter deliberate exploiting and track cases when the glitch occurs often enough that it's deliberate exploiting. So far, we've tracked around 10 cases of glitch occurrence, and no case so far seems to be deliberate exploiting. Opinions may vary, of course.

Edited by Inst

10 cases over the last couple of updates?? I assume there's more, but how much more?  Even twice that number doesn't seem enough to ruin Alex's holiday over.  Nor does it seem enough to warrant modifying a war-fighting strategy in the midst of a global war to eradicate the risk of it occurring since it apparently most likely won't anyway. 

Sure the risk of exploitation exists, however the certainty people have that this is going on is absurd, the targeting of suspect individuals unnecessary, and shows that there are a few life lessons still to be learnt among us.......namely that life isn't fair, move on. 

I do however agree it should be fixed, and that people have been self-reporting and conducting themselves fairly with their opponents shines quite a positive light on the Orbis community!

Save your bile for RL people!

• Downvote 1

Celer Et Audax