Exploiting a Naval glitch doesn't make you a better player

Sphinx

Just now, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

See, the problem with this is you're using their exploitation of a glitch as a political grab. What we should be doing reporting every instance of it so they get nation strikes.

That too, 

2 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

Instead of suggesting nerfs to baseball why not focus on something that seems to be a chronic problem and is starting to be exploited by bad-actors to affect the outcome of wars?

Sick dig tbh.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Love you

Just now, Micchan said:

It's more likely a t$ player because they are probaby doing more naval attacks since I guess your side is doing airstriking

If I do 3 naval attacks in a row I know I've hit the limit, if I have enough MAP's left to do a 4th then you should know somethings not right.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

If I do 3 naval attacks in a row I know I've hit the limit, if I have enough MAP's left to do a 4th then you should know somethings not right.

The issue is that the MAPs don't go away. I had this issue happen to me in one of my wars, and the next morning, the MAPs were still there. So at that point, what do you expect people who encounter this bug to do? Alex should put a pause on wars until this bug is fixed.

1 minute ago, Filmore said:

The issue is that the MAPs don't go away. I had this issue happen to me in one of my wars, and the next morning, the MAPs were still there. So at that point, what do you expect people who encounter this bug to do? Alex should put a pause on wars until this bug is fixed.

If a bank makes a mistake and you end up with $1 million in your bank account do you spend the money right away?

No you report it likewise for this situation you don't use the MAP's. Its not hard to work out if you need 24 hours to get enough to nuke someone you wait a minimum of 24 hours. And not hit early cause you happen to have the MAPs. 

I agree that wars could be suspended until this is patched since this is a major issue that needs to be fixed ASAP.

• Downvote 1

There was already a thread someone started for the guy in the first war. He reported that glitch to Alex immediately upon seeing it happen. 

The other guy I wasn't aware that the glitch happened with him. But it seems it happened in that one instance and not again. (Albeit because the glitch used up so much resistance). I will touch base with him to see what's up.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I mean the bug is amplified by the fact that I did a bunch of attacks, that didn't reduce the res. I DM'ed him about this bug, because it was potentially useful for me since I could continue doing damage without beiging heh. But he did solve it the next day with the res falling to correct order. 

So I think there are portions of the war system that seem to be really buggy. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Leopold von Habsburg said:

There was already a thread someone started for the guy in the first war. He reported that glitch to Alex immediately upon seeing it happen. 

The other guy I wasn't aware that the glitch happened with him. But it seems it happened in that one instance and not again. (Albeit because the glitch used up so much resistance). I will touch base with him to see what's up.

I'm not saying t$ is on purpose exploiting this, but I worry if rank and file members see this glitch and try to use it to their advantage. e$ being a newbie alliance is probably more prone to this happening than t$ would be. I've also said to my members that we won't tolerate people exploiting the glitch so if it happens a few times to your guys please let me know and I'll investigate. 

Edited by Sphinx
Fixed errors.

1 minute ago, Pasky Darkfire said:

This glitch has been reported. A lot. And there hasn't been anything done to fix it.

I guess baseball is more important?

MofFA United Purple Nations

Former Grosskomtur, FA Minister and Spitler (IA) -Teutonic Order. Former Reclusiarch (IA) - UPN.

le61twR.png

3 minutes ago, Comrade Marx said:

The entire war system in this game is counter-intuitive and stupid, to be quite honest. I don't know how you folks have tolerated it for so long.

Is Masochism a valid answer?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

1 minute ago, Pasky Darkfire said:

Is Masochism a valid answer?

Is it ever not? ;3

• Upvote 1

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

8 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

If a bank makes a mistake and you end up with $1 million in your bank account do you spend the money right away?

No you report it likewise for this situation you don't use the MAP's. Its not hard to work out if you need 24 hours to get enough to nuke someone you wait a minimum of 24 hours. And not hit early cause you happen to have the MAPs. 

I think I was the first reporting this bug and I noticed it after only because I had 2 wars declared at the same time and one was finished depsite doing the same attacks with the same results in both, so I checked and one had 4 naval at the same time

When you have 5-8 wars and at the same time you run multiple attacks it's easy not noticing the bug

36 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

Now we all know politics can get heated in this game, but one thing I hope we all agree on is exploiting glitches for ones benefit is poor form and its just makes you look like a pleb. 

Of course not every Syndicate/Enterprise member has been doing it, but its seems to be far more common with t$/e$ than any other alliance, these are just 2 examples from my gov members but we have many more.. (Yes I am aware that some instances could be accidental but its obvious that some people are exploiting this)

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=518155
https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=520090

Instead of suggesting nerfs to baseball why not focus on something that seems to be a chronic problem and is starting to be exploited by bad-actors to affect the outcome of wars? @Alex

Could you please have you or one of your members put up a full documentation of t$-e$ naval glitching into the "bug reports" section?

We don't have an idea of the extent of glitch incidence. The apparent incidence rate is with this coming out of two t$-e$ nations so far. This is worth investigation, but does not indicate foul play. If it's significantly more extensive it will require a more critical investigation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1