Nerf Baseball Earnings

Alex

56 minutes ago, Epi said:

Me and Gorge decided to try out baseball in light of the discussion. I made 7mil under blockade, half maxed my players in less than 16min. Despite Jasper embargoing me at 6mil. 

Gorge was much the same, made 5-6mil before getting embargoed and hanging up his bat. 

Look guys, goons-gpwc-npo have heavily invested in baseball recently. Click on their nations and check the stadiums/players, it's a legit growth plan lol. 

Not gonna lie, I'm tempted to rebuild Camelot this way if shiz is this easy. They can sacrifice 20min a day to rebuild themselves in less than 2 weeks.

There's a little bit of a vested interest and the new players of today are gonna be the pnw millionaires of 6 months from now. But ay, I'm fine with you not nerfing it. Gives me a passive way to make money whilst watching movies. 

I want to clarify something, I did indeed play while on a voice chat, however my opinion of it differs greatly.

Anyways so my opinion on the matter is simple, smaller nations in the game are at a huge disadvantage, its hard to get to the mid teir or higher in a relatively decent rate, and most alliances wont build you at a very quick pace. when your new I think baseball is a great way for newer nations who want to put in the time, to earn money in order to grow at a quicker rate. As for the larger nations, I dont feel there is enough people making a significant amount of money to justify nerfing it. A few people made a huge sum of money, cool but with that way of thinking we might as well nerf the market so you can only post 10,000 items and the ppu is limited aswell.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

0b3897cd640f95254329f7a2d45d8c77b1c120e.

2 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Wasn’t until this war I finally was in the green on baseball with more people playing. While I don’t know if anyone has scripts, NPO does tend to play a lot of baseball during war making it more worthwhile. Although both sides can play ball, lol.

I'm not in the Green, but I could very easily get there if I had the time.  Unfortunately work, marriage, and socializing takes precedence at my age.  I'd love to be a teen again, lol.

Honestly... I agree, baseball is ridiculous. The problem is entirely one of scale, and no system should exist that scaled directly and linearly with no-life grinding. It just encourages scripting/other automation, or at best and I mean at best, if all the scripting and automation is genuinely and truly eliminated, it forces people to have no life to be competitively balanced against their rivals. That's just toxic.

I've made hundreds of millions off baseball, and I still want it nerfed. Either a diminishing returns thing, or a long delay between games, or something.

Incidentally, even if baseball were removed completely, you can still sneak money through blockades, which is hugely vital for game balance, so there shouldn't really be any game-ending balance collapses if botball goes poof.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
I'm tired, runon sentence stays because screw you
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Alex - There's plenty of players running scripts on Baseball, hence why it's generating so much cash.

Yeah, playing Baseball is stupid.  lol.

If I need cash to rebuild to max out my Soldiers for raiding, all I need to do is spend 5mins spamming Home games.  There's at least two NPO guys who's running constant Away games, so it's pretty easy to get that cash.

That moment when Buorhann calls himself stupid. 

• Like 1

on a good day i can make 20 - 30 million if i really want to invest some time. most days i make 2 - 4 million. i dont need a script. im number 22 on the list...where are these multiple players that are breaking the system? if i found someone doing it i would report them because you either put in the effort or you dont play

2 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

I'm not in the Green, but I could very easily get there if I had the time.  Unfortunately work, marriage, and socializing takes precedence at my age.  I'd love to be a teen again, lol.

My newest job gives me a lot of free time at work where I mostly need to pass the time, so that helped as well. lol 

3 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Honestly... I agree, baseball is ridiculous. The problem is entirely one of scale, and no system should exist that scaled directly and linearly with no-life grinding. It just encourages scripting/other automation, or at best and I mean at best, if all the scripting and automation is genuinely and truly eliminated, it forces people to have no life to be competitively balanced against their rivals. That's just toxic.

I've made hundreds of millions off baseball, and I still want it nerfed. Either a diminishing returns thing, or a long delay between games, or something.

Honestly... I agree, Politics and War / Keno / Dice / Trading / Donating for credits is ridiculous. The problem is entirely one of scale, and no system should exist that scaled directly and linearly with no-life grinding. It just encourages scripting/other automation, or at best and I mean at best, if all the scripting and automation is genuinely and truly eliminated, it forces people to have no life to be competitively balanced against their rivals. That's just toxic.

I've made hundreds of millions off the above, and I still want it nerfed. Either a diminishing returns thing, or a long delay between games, or something.

Just delete the game, Alex and remove this toxicity from our lives.

• Like 1

Oh i forgot something, I think these stats are blown our of proportion, even if you just make 4mil a day, over a year it adds up.... i think a important note is the timeframe it took for people to make a sum of money. Id also like to say most people could do that, it takes 10 mins? 15?, most people regardless of what they say are more than capable of doing it. There just mad they dont want to

0b3897cd640f95254329f7a2d45d8c77b1c120e.

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Honestly... I agree, Politics and War / Keno / Dice / Trading / Donating for credits is ridiculous. The problem is entirely one of scale, and no system should exist that scaled directly and linearly with no-life grinding. It just encourages scripting/other automation, or at best and I mean at best, if all the scripting and automation is genuinely and truly eliminated, it forces people to have no life to be competitively balanced against their rivals. That's just toxic.

I've made hundreds of millions off the above, and I still want it nerfed. Either a diminishing returns thing, or a long delay between games, or something.

Just delete the game, Alex and remove this toxicity from our lives.

Problem with nerfing is only the fanatics or people using scripts could make their money back ever. I would prefer deletion of it over nerfing it.

7 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Incidentally, even if baseball were removed completely, you can still sneak money through blockades, which is hugely vital for game balance, so there shouldn't really be any game-ending balance collapses if botball goes poof.

dude...what are you babbling about? so the only way i can possibly be playing baseball is if i am running a script or some hyper competitive, toxic, loser with no life that needs to win to validate his existence? im sorry if you made hundreds of millions by being in one of those groups but i didnt and no one i know has either. and if you are having trouble letting go a nerf isnt your answer...psychiatry is

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

???

Baseball is no way as difficult as you claim it is.  You don't have to earn 25k per game, because it's pretty damn easy to hit F5 and refresh "Home" games.  That's all I do when I need quick cash.  5mins of spamming that and I can push up to $2mil.  There's quite a few players who's either scripting Away games or spamming Away games out there nowadays.

Umm, you're forgetting some factors. Can you guaranteed you can spam as fast as you can in 5mins without interferences, without pausing (from ur opponent), without network issues, to earn $2million? You still got to tip if u're hosting, and you are playing against random players you might meet who doesn't tip you if you're the one who is doing away games. 

Oh and when I was saying about difficulty, not everyone can play spam without having a life just because you see one guy spamming without a life here. There are still people out there playing baseball casually at their own pace. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Problem with nerfing is only the fanatics or people using scripts could make their money back ever. I would prefer deletion of it over nerfing it.

you are forgetting option C...leave it alone

40 minutes ago, Sunara said:

Umm, you're forgetting some factors. Can you guaranteed you can spam as fast as you can in 5mins without interferences, without pausing (from ur opponent), without network issues, to earn $2million? You still got to tip if u're hosting, and you are playing against random players you might meet who doesn't tip you if you're the one who is doing away games. 

Oh and when I was saying about difficulty, not everyone can play spam without having a life just because you see one guy spamming without a life here. There are still people out there playing baseball casually at their own pace. 

well alex suggestion lets you still play the game if ya'll really want to play. I'm  not sure if this is your greed for generating money out of thin air speaking by passing the actual intention of baseball as entertainment or legitly want to play baseball for fun. Same can be said for Keno and dice.

Edited by Limbuwan
  • Downvote 3

25 minutes ago, Limbuwan said:

well alex suggestion lets you still play the game if ya'll really want to play. I'm  not sure if this is your greed for generating money out of thin air speaking by passing the actual intention of baseball as entertainment or legitly want to play baseball for fun. Same can be said for Keno and dice.

It's not I don't value your views. It's not like the side game has no restriction on it at all, and yet ignoring the fact of the barriers a baseball player encounters. You just keep coming up with comparison and excuses, and pretended the necessary requirement for baseball players to play baseball don't exist at all. Your suggestion for playing baseball with no income is purely stupid. That's all. 

Edited by Sunara
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sunara said:

ROFL, if you are seriously making that argument, you got some issues.

Doesn't matter if I make that $2mil in 5mins or in an hour, it's still more than a turn tick for most nations.

Who the hell came up with tipping?  Why is that even part of the argument?

4 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

ROFL, if you are seriously making that argument, you got some issues.

Doesn't matter if I make that $2mil in 5mins or in an hour, it's still more than a turn tick for most nations.

Who the hell came up with tipping?  Why is that even part of the argument?

It's people like who don't care about baseball can't be bothered about tipping that gets embargoed. But that doesn't mean people can't care about what to do with baseball.

How funny is that you youself made an example of the 5mins making 2million earnings and when I responded with factors, you acted like I made your statement a joke. 

I don't know who made this tipping, but apparently it makes fair to the ones playing away games, because u can't win a cent if you lose a game. This is call coordination in a game where players can play the game smoothly in a fair game for both sides. I made this as argument, because apparently you forgot factors when you play baseball. You think by doing spam host without any consequences is normal? 

Ah, I supposed that you don't know that because you don't care. How hard is it to do coordination with people in a game you want to play? It might be something you don't give a damn, but don't expect others don't care just like you. 

Guest PhantomThiefB
3 hours ago, Buorhann said:

???

Baseball is no way as difficult as you claim it is.  You don't have to earn 25k per game, because it's pretty damn easy to hit F5 and refresh "Home" games.  That's all I do when I need quick cash.  5mins of spamming that and I can push up to $2mil.  There's quite a few players who's either scripting Away games or spamming Away games out there nowadays.

No you didn't. It takes longer than 5 minutes to make 2 mil even at max rating. Unless your scripting yourself.?

6 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

No you didn't. It takes longer than 5 minutes to make 2 mil even at max rating. Unless your scripting yourself.?

Aww man, why did you correct him? Was kind enough to wait for him to find out his problem but oh well. ?

Guest PhantomThiefB
3 minutes ago, Sunara said:

Aww man, why did you correct him? Was kind enough to wait for him to find out his problem but oh well. ?

Your giving him way too much credit. ?

2 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Pretty much baseball is much slower way to gain a comparable benefit to people who buy credits with effort + investment instead of real cash. Just makes the game more pay to play removing it.

Credits only give $150m per month for donating irl money to keep the servers online / voluntarily pay alex for his work.

According to some in this thread, $150m is a drop in the bucket because it can't pay for city 40 by itself. Why are we talking about credits in the baseball thread again?

Edited by Bartholomew Roberts
  • Upvote 2

You did notice that most of the players (all 4-5 of them) who have earned enough to get to city 40 have been playing this for 5 years right? 

When looking at the money made, you have to look at the effort expended by the people involved. In this case, it's effort expended is quite proportional to the money people make from it. It's nothing special. People make much more using trades or raids. I have made much more on raids with much less effort than I did by pulling all nighters in baseball. It's not like the mechanic is restricted. If you or any person in any alliance wants to play it, they can. If they want to make millions, they can put in hours on grinding.

As you must've noticed in this thread, the player group is quite diverse, with players from almost all the alliances. It's a great feature that facilitates peaceful and fun interaction between members from diverse alliances. I would've never met half the people I did if I hadn't started playing it. There's as much need to nerf it as there is to nerf raiding or trading; that is to say, none at all.

• Like 2