Nerf Baseball Earnings

Alex

Exactly. Just don't try to do anything to baseball anymore as it is already difficult to earn money as it is. The figure that reflects is bullshit because it didn't account of many factors! Only baseball players know that u can't cal the total figure as the figure they earned without considering tips and effort in it. Don't destroy the mechanism for the benefit of people who hates baseball and doesn't spent a time on it and complained about the money earned by someone who got it by hardwork. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Xin said:

@Alex I'd rather have you deal with that attack bug (or whatever you called it) first, it's more game breaking and need more attention than some cash generator like baseball.and old player has been seen using it to bully some newbie. here's one example of impossible (naval) attack in one go THAT YOU SHOULD FIX FIRST before complaining on how people generate $ without using any BOT/cheating

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=515429 

sure, people made $ playing it, but don't forget that baseball need an investment of around 40m to max the rating to 100. with raising a new player back to 100 rating takes around 2m if you choose to nerf baseball, is it fair for us who invested that in-game money and then our time to get nerf even though there's clearly other aspect in this game where people are CLEARLY CHEATING/EXPLOITING BUGS

I just noticed this post by Xin, it's accurate And shouldn't be swept aside/forgotten about.

I'm not surprised one bit that this has been proposed, but there needs to be a minimum value of return per click for the clicks to be worth the effort. 1/10th of current returns is... not worth the effort. It's a decent simulation of baseball, but it's entirely OOC. There's no league or mechanics to create or join one, no roleplay going on the side like you'd see in a similar simulation like the Computer Simulated Fantasy Baseball League, or the Pro Baseball Experience (google them). It doesn't represent anything other than an opportunity to make extra money for your nation. If you can't let it represent an opportunity to make money, and you can't revamp it to be cool in-and-of it's own right, it's a waste of server space.

Your simulation mechanics, however, @Alex, are sound, and I'd suggest creating a different game entirely that expands on what you have already created.

• Like 2

Le1AjCa.png

5 hours ago, Dryad said:

I think that lowering the profit per game is actually a bad fix. The money it currently generates per game may be slightly too high but not by a lot. The problem with baseball as I see it isnt that it generates too much money per click, but the fact that people can do this for hours when the game is really a turn-based thing and imo should be playable as such without earning 100 times less than baseball players. It's an issue of balancing and also game-design.

Also, I wanna bring up a different approach to fix the issue that I'm not necessarily in favor of but that I think is at least worth mentioning:

Don't nerf the payout per game but buff it and instead make it like a you can only play 1 game every 10 minutes thing. Like lets say just to bring the concept across you can only play 1 game in 10 minutes but you earn $10m from that single game, its basically the same income that it currently generates but its something you dont need to dedicate hours into and something that botting would be useless at because every human can easily click a button every 10 minutes if they are online. Essentially it would reward checking the game out every once in a while.

I'm not actually in favor of having $10m be the number and think it should be way way way way lower, but the point is there is ways to keep it equivalent to what it is now, but makes it less of a scripting and waste your life issue.

This is actually a good idea for everyone include baseball lovers, as it would get more people to actually play baseball who don't want to click for hours and hours (like me, and, well, most of my alliance actually.)

• Like 2

When 1 player plays all away games and other players play all home games, the people playing home games send the person playing the away games a percentage of their winnings as a tip.

Because of the way baseball works the home team get most or all of the winnings per game.

Edited by Who Me

How do you manage to organize that? 

2 hours ago, Sunara said:

And yes no political impact. The community is toxic enough as it is, and you really want new players to have no road to turn to when they find themselves want to relax instead of just wars and kill each other and doing trades against big competitors? 

Baseball is the community that brings people from different alliance together to play a game instead of totally politics and war. 

This sounds like you don't like the core mechanics of politics and war... Are you really here to click through hundreds of times? Why don't you make irl money doing that? 

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

4 hours ago, zigbigadorlou said:

How do you manage to organize that? 

This sounds like you don't like the core mechanics of politics and war... Are you really here to click through hundreds of times? Why don't you make irl money doing that? 

I like mechanism of politics and war, I just find it this post is against baseball players who worked and spent their relaxation time on baseball instead of 24hrs on politics and war. Just because you don't like clicking to earn money doesn't mean others dislike it. Some people enjoying clicking games as a way to enjoy, and you have to take in account that as well instead of giving more limits on a side game that has no political influence on the game. Yes, extra money, extra fun. It's up to people whether they want to spend some time on it.

Edited by Sunara
  • Upvote 1

Thank you alex. Remove baseball entirely, Thanks : )

51 minutes ago, Sunara said:

I like mechanism of politics and war, I just find it biased against baseball players who worked and spent their relaxation time on baseball instead of 24hrs on politics and war. Just because you don't like clicking to earn money doesn't mean others dislike it. Some people enjoying clicking games as a way to enjoy, and you have to take in account that as well instead of giving more limits on a side game that has no political influence on the game. Yes, extra money, extra fun. It's up to people whether they want to spend some time on it.

Please remove baseball already. Thanks

• Downvote 3

So I guess we are being punished for investing our time into the game. Because really, you don't have anything to to in the game much if you aren't raiding or building your city wich doesn't take much time. So basically you would decrees the times people would be online by removing it 'cause then those who were actively playing baseball wouldn't be that active anymore and maybe they would some time into future stop playing entirely because they forgot to play it. ? Domino effect. But yeah, this much money takes months to collect, not a day and baseball tipping means that half goes to the aways player who doesn't earn otherwise anything. 

• Like 1

I know this is very late, so it probably won't get read, and will be about the same as what many others have already said, keep in mind I rarely use Baseball. (Also. . . This is gonna sound very "un-communistic" like...)

In my opinion, it doesn't need nerfing, someone's willing to put in that much time to it, they might as well earn something, also as was pointed out, those numbers don't show the amount of time they spent to get that money (correct me if I'm wrong on that). Just because they work to get that money and I don't doesn't mean it's not fair. The only way I could agree with nerfing it is if you did something like Potpie suggested, first 500 games or so you get full profit and after that the profit goes down. @Alex 

Edited by Comrade Boris
Also, if you see this and upvote... don't go past 69 pls

13 minutes ago, Maisike said:

So I guess we are being punished for investing our time into the game. Because really, you don't have anything to to in the game much if you aren't raiding or building your city wich doesn't take much time. So basically you would decrees the times people would be online by removing it 'cause then those who were actively playing baseball wouldn't be that active anymore and maybe they would some time into future stop playing entirely because they forgot to play it. ? Domino effect. But yeah, this much money takes months to collect, not a day and baseball tipping means that half goes to the aways player who doesn't earn otherwise anything. 

If you quit the game because you forget to logon because baseball was removed then i think the real problem is that you don't like the game in general and should quit anyway. Rather than not actually contributing much if anything to the game and just clicking a button to spawn money.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

As an alliance leader who sits at 100/100 to help his members often times  I might at some given moments host a series of games to get a few mil to simply help myself rebuild after an attack on my nation so simply put I'm extremely against the idea because it's also just a clicker game I would prefer to do when I have a few boring hours in my day

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

If you quit the game because you forget to logon because baseball was removed then i think the real problem is that you don't like the game in general and should quit anyway. Rather than not actually contributing much if anything to the game and just clicking a button to spawn money.

Well I didn't mean that people would quite the game. Just that, people invest their time into it so it is part of their daily life. But if it would be nerfed, people who were active, will log in for months and so on, but won't be so active anymore because baseball was most of their play time. So they might start going less and less active because it's not as big part of their lives anymore and they might start forgetting to play even the game. Hard to explain what I thought.

@Alex instead of nerfing baseball how about you improve it like @JasperFrost suggested. make it more fun and more interactive for those of us that want or like to play it. make it less of a pain to improve players, allow the winnings to be split between both teams, allow players to form leagues, add in more options to spend money on to improve cash generation and improve the experience. try adding something to the game that actually matters unlike the little award ribbons that mean nothing

if you want to do something that matters fix the instant 100 to 0 resistance naval attack bug, fix the exploits in the game like mobile alliance banks that can not be raided because they constantly disband and reform or fix the server lag issues. this game is a half finished shell and could be alot better. so rather than mucking about with things that arent a real issue try fixing the things that are killing this game

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

How is it safe? It can still be looted. Also not exactly powerful.

Money Invested: $105,755,500.00 | Money Earned: $358,123,720.05

Minus tips at 50% = $170mil

Profit = 170mil - 105 mil = 65mil. 

That's over 2 years worth. I made 300 million in a month trading.

1 donation netted me more profit than my whole time baseballing.

Let's see.... fully-upgraded, $20k a game (afaik it's more than that), $14k a game after tip (usually 30%, not 50%) ... 10 seconds per game (generous assuming organized session), that's $84k/minute = $5m an hour, with another $2.2m for the away player who is probably playing a few people at a time at a quicker pace than 10 seconds per game (less clicks). If you organize this, this is almost guaranteed income.

With that in mind if Alex had proposed this 1 month ago, I too would have disagreed with this proposal. The problem is that whereas baseball used to be a hobby for a few, it's now becoming a way to play the game for more.

Re: Trading (active trading, not just dumping surplus resources once a week) compared to baseball: tl;dr: it's a lot more risky, is beneficial to others, and is necessary for the game as it's currently structured with continents and resources and improvement slots. Trading does not need to be highly profitable... it only is because there are few traders for reasons best discussed elsewhere (and IMO reasons that should be addressed, because as it stands it's an annoying winner-take-all system where the guy with the highest-position trade makes A LOT of $ and everyone else often makes nothing). And whether or not trading is profitable has nothing to do with Baseball being something else than what Alex wanted it to be.

Trading:

1 -> Risk: You are moving a lot of money around and can lose out as prices move. If you are not careful, you may lose bigly as wars start and end and people dump (can also gain bigly too).

2 -> Risk: You can't really do it in war, and if you do, it's even more-risky in case you are blockaded or if the enemy is paying attention.

3 -> Risk: it's very easy to make a mistake (e.g. flip the sell quantity and sell price), costing you $ <- someone pls fix this ... a small optional "confirm" box would be nice.

4 -> Risk: You can put up lots of trades, and then someone can come in right after you and put 1 PPU lower and you don't sell anything. It's unreliable and you have a lot less control over how much money you make compared to baseball.

5 -> Necessary: Is actually useful to other people because (1) people can't produce everything and buy what they need and sell what they don't, and (2) you need a mechanism for resource price discovery to help decide on continent, which improvements to build, how much infra to get, etc, and (3) it's how you move stuff around without alliance gov <- this is a big deal and why quantity limitations are not good at addressing trading. If these things don't seem necessary to you, remember that not every AA uses a centralized, 100% tax, cookie-cutter-nation-build system.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

@Alexmaybe remove the earning altoghether as players mentioned they do it for fun so it would be plenty of fun to spam baseball anyway without earnings. The only valid effect it should make is apporaval rating or maybe create a ingame badge for them.

• Downvote 8

3 minutes ago, Limbuwan said:

@Alexmaybe remove the earning altoghether as players mentioned they do it for fun so it would be plenty of fun to spam baseball anyway without earnings. The only valid effect it should make is apporaval rating or maybe create a ingame badge for them.

Almost nobody would do it without profit.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Almost nobody would do it without profit.

then it is just generating money out of thin air,which should be illegal income and hence removed and not serving the purpose of fun community. You might argue that credits does the same thing but credit funds this game.
As for Keno and Dice, i'd prefer they be banned as well but w/e.

• Downvote 6

2 minutes ago, Limbuwan said:

then it is just generating money out of thin air,which should be illegal income and hence removed and not serving the purpose of fun community. You might argue that credits does the same thing but credit funds this game.
As for Keno and Dice, i'd prefer they be banned as well but w/e.

All income comes from thin air, just baseball requires people being active and interacting to do it. (Rather than waiting on turn change)

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

All income comes from thin air, just baseball requires people being active and interacting to do it. (Rather than waiting on turn change)

There is indeed similarity on baseball and how Nova scandal generated rss out of thin air by being active and interacting to do it.

• Downvote 4

4 minutes ago, Limbuwan said:

There is indeed similarity on baseball and how Nova scandal generated rss out of thin air by being active and interacting to do it.

Difference is much like credits, it’s within the rules & requires a lot of investment to make much. Need to do a lot of baseball to recoup maxing out your team if deciding to do it again.

(If anything is done to mess up baseball, think everyone should be refunded their stadium costs & upgrades for all living players)

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum
  • Upvote 1