Nerf Baseball Earnings

Alex

Still, 12k games are just not possible. It will take someone at 100 games per 10 minutes near 20 hours to do it. Even if someone was playing 200, which again is not possible, it will take them 10 hours of continuous high intensity playing without any breaks to get close to that number. That is no where near normal, and even, no where near possible. 

Just now, Potpie99 said:

@Who Me 500 games a day is around 50% than even your daily average, this isn't punishing the many, it's punishing like 10 people at most

No, it's punishing active baseball players, and it's being unfair to people who dedicated themselves on there, where else other raiders and traders could do freely what they want on wars and market with no restriction. Raiders and traders income aren't fix and could fluctuate. But baseball has a max capacity of what they earned max per game. However many hours of time spending on it is individual's choice, and should be freely to play just like how others could freely trade with no restriction. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

hey sorry, you guys are discussing something completely different, but i wrote this post while eating dinner so i'll post it anyway  (it deviates from your convo)

can  i add how ANNOYING it was to upgrade a team's players for $20,000,000 a click, and you have to do that at least 1000000 times. If you finally earn $20,000,000 per Host game (which can take 5-10 seconds) 

Let me explain some Psychology.  

So if someone blew that much cash on Baseball (As you see in Alex's screenshots) those are high investments- *initially* . You pay $20,000,000 or $40,000,000 into Baseball. And then when your players age, you spend more. 

You're desperate to earn it back otherwise that money was dumped into the toilet/black hole. So you spend hours constantly playing to earn it back (And you're also desperate to play because you don't know when that other Aways player is going to quit P&W and thus you *lose the opportunity* to play someone who does the Away arrangement of 30%  tips, or might get  a slower guy who charges 50% tips.)   So finally, after you earned back your initial investment -- which took like a week  

What do you do next? 

You earn as much as possible, because it's not just the *money* you sunk in, but your *time* too. If you spent days trying to "break even"  -- finally you reach that point. What next? You attempt to "profit."

I realize you didn't intend Baseball to be a profit maker, but if it wasn't, what was the point of making such huge losses as a "starting point"?  The "losses" I'm talking abotu is not just 50 million (your screenshot paints a distorted view of what it took to come to that point of Profits,) but time (value) it took.

Anyway, I really, really like Dryad's idea because it cuts down on the time i have to spend playing baseball, but I earn the *Same* amount of money. I'd take that.  And like, easier to play during classes without getting caught, lol

(ignore this, i like this pic) 

Image result for break even

i gtg

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Potpie99 said:

@Who Me 500 games a day is around 50% more than even your daily average, this isn't punishing the many, it's punishing like 10 people at most

So you would be OK with limiting players to 5 trades per day with a maximum of 10K units per trade except for food at 100K per trade?

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Who Me said:

Why is it Ok for people to make billions when trading but not OK when playing baseball? It take's far longer to make playing baseball.

So it is OK to punish the many for the crimes of the few? Also, if you are OK limiting the number of games for baseball are you also OK with limiting the number and size of trades per player per day?

Thanks for restating yourself, but I asked if you mean trading your own produced resources or arbitrage. Which do you mean? 

49 minutes ago, Who Me said:

Edited by zigbigadorlou

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

1 minute ago, zigbigadorlou said:

Thanks for restating yourself, but I asked if you mean trading your own produced resources or arbitrage. Which do you mean? 

Arbitrage. In general through flipping resources, I've made a good amount from a single deal, that would take me at least 10-12 hours of pure baseball? It's doing nothing else other than flipping resources, but that's a fine income source, but actually spending time doing something isn't? 

6 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

Either or, now please answer my question about trading.

7 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

Arbitrage. In general through flipping resources, I've made a good amount from a single deal, that would take me at least 10-12 hours of pure baseball? It's doing nothing else other than flipping resources, but that's a fine income source, but actually spending time doing something isn't? 

2 minutes ago, Who Me said:

Either or, now please answer my question about trading.

There's a big difference, though. Trading is a core mechanic of these types of games.  Trading and arbitrage is subject to the market forces, so those that choose to play it can make money off of it, but it requires interaction with other players. No money or resources are created or destroyed, and your attempts can be thwarted. 

Contrast that with baseball which creates money and requires no feedback. A player can gain money thoughtlessly. There is no political impact. 

In my opinion, it's not simply about the amount, but the means. 

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

3 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

There's a big difference, though. Trading is a core mechanic of these types of games.  Trading and arbitrage is subject to the market forces, so those that choose to play it can make money off of it, but it requires interaction with other players. No money or resources are created or destroyed, and your attempts can be thwarted. 

Contrast that with baseball which creates money and requires no feedback. A player can gain money thoughtlessly. There is no political impact. 

So you would be OK with limiting the number and size of trades per day per player?

10 minutes ago, Who Me said:

So you would be OK with limiting the number and size of trades per day per player?

I don't know, this is a thread about baseball, not trades. 

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

The only change really should be playing it when blockaded, apart from that there's no issues, I have done it myself spamming games and getting others to spam in order to afford to pay bills and buy troops, I think for me that's the only fix it needs

Guest Frawley

I think you are ignoring the time it takes to get there. I'm on that list, but my nation is 1,680 days old, and I have been using the feature since it was released, it should not be surprising that years of earnings build up.

Baseball is a great war equaliser and is used by all sides to allow some aort of recovery by a blockaded side, don't change it.

I am a pretty new nation that really enjoys playing baseball. I am able to put in some time and make money that is significant to me but it would not be a lot to an older nation. It helps me put more time into the game to try and "catch up". While I know I will never catch up fully to more developed nations it is nice to know if I decide to spend more time in the game I can get farther along. That is what it really boils down to as well. If I am willing to put time into baseball I get rewarded. The arguments like "we never thought people would play it this much" or "It was just suppose to be a fun time waster" seem pretty silly.

As for it just being meant to be a fun time waster....what? It is F5 and click. How that was meant to be fun is beyond me. People play it because it rewards them. Nerfing the rewards by a significant amount is the same thing as killing. If we want to nerf it and actually try to implement something fun then fine. In the bigger picture baseball seems like a pretty goofy thing to focus on and kind of comes off as just trying to do something while not addressing much more major issues and legit bugs in the game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

Your argument nearly stands up, but you forget the fact you can get credits and sell them on the Market. So no trading isn't insular from money/resources being made out of thin air. You also need player interaction to play baseball. If no one is hosting or no one is playing aways then guess what, your attempts to make money can be thwarted too.

I assume you would agree however that credits need nerfing as well? No player interaction, creates money/resources out of thin air, gives an unfair advantage to those who can afford the prices over those who can't....

Edited by Tiberius

1 hour ago, zigbigadorlou said:

I respect about your explanation. But really? Gain money thoughtlessly? You really think that? The start of investmenting on the stadium, quality? The investment on players? The re-investment on new players where the old players retired? The captchas? The time to spend playing the game fairly? The sharing tips to each other? Those are not thoughtful enough? 

So basically you're saying that by doing trading on the market, competing with everyone by reducing $1 cheaper to become the cheapest supplier, by doing raid wars on people, are more thoughtful than Baseball which also players did have sacrifice their time on it? Trading effectively is based mostly on how much u can make resources, which is counted by individuals ability, which also requires a long time grow. Wars are always coming, leaving new players always in a hunch to always log in time to react to wars. And baseball doesn't require u to log in time and have a convenient pace to do it whenever you want. You really think baseball income is thoughtless? And yes no political impact. The community is toxic enough as it is, and you really want new players to have no road to turn to when they find themselves want to relax instead of just wars and kill each other and doing trades against big competitors? 

Baseball is the community that brings people from different alliance together to play a game instead of totally politics and war. And when people play it hard fairly, doing tips, and the longer you play the more u earn, isn't that what that should be a common sense? Baseball already has set it's limits, as much as trading. Baseball is optional, a side game, and as an entertainment. By restricting it further will just discourage it's purpose of enjoyment. 

Edited by Sunara
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

This may be one you have to bite the downvotes and go ahead and nerf/remove ... people will be very pissed but your argument is sound - what was supposed to be a fun gimmick has become a powerful money-making machine. Not only powerful, but "safe" from the game's perspective... and not only that... but potentially unhealthy for some users.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

30 minutes ago, Rossiya said:

This may be one you have to bite the downvotes and go ahead and nerf/remove ... people will be very pissed but your argument is sound - what was supposed to be a fun gimmick has become a powerful money-making machine. Not only powerful, but "safe" from the game's perspective... and not only that... but potentially unhealthy for some users.

How is it safe? It can still be looted. Also not exactly powerful.

Money Invested: $105,755,500.00 | Money Earned: $358,123,720.05

Minus tips at 50% = $170mil

Profit = 170mil - 105 mil = 65mil. 

That's over 2 years worth. I made 300 million in a month trading.

1 donation netted me more profit than my whole time baseballing.

Edited by Tiberius

This is utter BS...Baseball is good the way it is dude. Don't nerf or remove it. Judging by the same logic you should also remove the "buying land during naval blockade" feature but I don't see anyone complaining about it, right? Just leave the damn game and don't "improve" it further

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2