Nerf Baseball Earnings

Alex

2 hours ago, Alex said:

The biggest problem is that it's near impossible to tell who is using a script and who is not. Everyone could be scripting for all I know. Everyone could start scripting now to make an extra $10m a day for free playing baseball, and there really wouldn't be any way I could tell or anything I could do about it.

On mobile I am still getting the tick box captcha rather than the picture one's.

On 10/8/2019 at 4:31 PM, Alex said:

The maximum revenue generated in a game with max upgrades and two 100 rated teams is ~$127,710 ~$28,000. There are some players playing over 30,000 games a day. Even if they're averaging half of that, that's ~$1.5b ~$420m generated in a day, just playing baseball. And quite possibly with a script that at this point there's really not a way to effectively block (of course, I'm looking into that.)

I'm not planning on removing baseball, but I do think that earnings need to be nerfed, and there needs to be a dropoff point so that people aren't playing 30,000 games a day. That's one game every 2.7 seconds for 24 hours straight. Does no one else think that's ridiculous?

I'm also going to look at more effective captchas, rate limiting games to one per 10 seconds or something, and better detection for scripters. But I still can't believe that popular sentiment is pro leaving baseball the way it is (completely gamebreaking, in my opinion.) And I am aware that there have been some organized downvote brigades against this post already.

Was nice of you to suspend me 2 days before responding, so I had to wait 2 days to respond. Although people don't like it because its being pushed in the middle of a war to clearly benefit one side & punish everyone who invested in Baseball when it was useful. The Baseball change with no refunds messed me up in a lot of my wars where I was blockaded & didn't have a lot of cash on hand; since I was playing by the current war rules in place.

However if you regret making Baseball useful, you should be fair & refund people who wasted investments into it. People who took loans to upgrade their teams and haven't paid those back yet you've also screwed over. As it is now, I'll probably never reach the 1k Cap in day; since you punish people for playing away games unless they've already done 1000 home games. If you think it was game breaking; should have at least refunded people.

Don't have much hope you care enough about Baseball players to make it worthwhile again, although its not cheap fully upgrading a stadium and team for a now worthless side game.

• Upvote 1

So in a few days of baseball playing here's my SQA feedback - 

1.  The 1000 games played per day applies to both home and away.  Today I've played about 30 home games and 1300+ away games (away games are far easier to do especially since me and about 20+ people all want to play home games and they'd sit there otherwise :)), and after doing these 1300+ games when I do a home game I'm hit with the "only get 10% of revenue".  If that's your intention, then OK, I would have to strategize my "home/away" allotment in this meta-game on a given world day.

2.  By embargo-ing bad baseball teams, I get called the C-word in the notes on a revenge embargo.

3.  Someone suggested if you like clicky games play cookie clicker.  Thanks you jerk now I have a separate tab for cookie clicking to watch a completely different set of numbers show up.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

I think an auto tip feature is pretty much needed if he's going to keep it where away games count count toward the 1000; even though they don't give any home game loot. All it does having away games effect that number is deter people from playing away games until after they played as close to 1000 home games as possible; since away games are mostly unaffected other than wasting your home if not used up first.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I think an auto tip feature is pretty much needed if he's going to keep it where away games count count toward the 1000; even though they don't give any home game loot. All it does having away games effect that number is deter people from playing away games until after they played as close to 1000 home games as possible; since away games are mostly unaffected other than wasting your home if not used up first.

>there's so much more to focus on rather than baseball in this bad game

>please add more features to baseball

pick one :P

43 minutes ago, Vivec said:

>there's so much more to focus on rather than baseball in this bad game

>please add more features to baseball

pick one :P

Honestly I think he should just refund people's money now that he broke it and focus on the war system.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum
  • Upvote 1

I think doing so people don't need to choose between looting and doing damage could compensate somewhat from Baseball no longer being a viable source of any kind of money during war. Maybe or at least being just two. Once which maximizes looting and leaves the other at 50% or another which is the opposite. So people can make money easier during wars through fighting & focus on making that better.

So I think he should maybe focus on tweaks like that and just get rid of baseball if it was meant to more of a hassle than it already was. (He could just return baseball to normal pre-nerf; except set a cap at 1000 home games for people & unlimited away games.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 1:57 PM, Alex said:

I've reduced the time limit to 2s on away games and threw in some google ads which should help change up the positioning of the buttons to make macro abuse harder.

This was a really irritating change at least for me. Been a bit, still annoys me everytime I open the baseball page. I run without adblock most of the time, and don't really want to have to install it on this browser exclusively to block ads on a single page for PW. I don't mind having ads on the page, just the fact that it moves the button. Sometimes I go to click on the button, click, then the ad loads, and then I have to click again. Other times I click it before the ad loads, and other times the ad doesn't load at all. If someone is using macros they'll have already blocked the ads, meaning it only affects the few players who haven't blocked ads and do baseball. Not to mention if you were so inclined you could just choose the button, or move the page to the bottom and have it auto select a place if you weren't blocking ads, so it's not like the change helps in any way, bar annoying vanilla players.

Captchas, following up reports, game limits and logging are the best way to prevent abuse without hurting normal players, not trying to make the game annoying. If someone is botting they won't even notice/care about the change.

I don't really care about the baseball number of games limit, as I don't think I've ever got close to it, I login, check my nation, host a game, and if worst comes to worst and I need some cash while blockaded I might spam a few for a rebuy or aways if someone desperately needs it. Ideally what'd happen is just you change the order, so the button is above the ad, so the position doesn't change with the ad load.

--

Edit: Thanks, is far better. Working fine for me now.

Edited by Flanderlion
Sheepy is awesome.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2019 at 8:07 PM, reunited states of texas said:

Can we reverse this god awful nerfs.

No one asked for this ALex NO one asked for this crude show of a nerf.

No, these nerfs were and are desperately needed

• Downvote 2