Nerf Baseball Earnings

Alex

6 hours ago, Alex said:

They do, yes. After you've played 1,000 games for the day, you only get 10% of the home team revenue generation.

If you're playing only away games though, it doesn't matter. 10% of 0 is still 0, nothing is changing.

Yeah, that's not what I was trying to get at though. I was saying that you should consider having only home games count towards that 1000. I think not doing so will further encourage people to only play home games, which makes playing baseball significantly more difficult. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

BrOQBND.jpg

29 minutes ago, Nizam Adrienne said:

Yeah, that's not what I was trying to get at though. I was saying that you should consider having only home games count towards that 1000. I think not doing so will further encourage people to only play home games, which makes playing baseball significantly more difficult. 

This is true, but it could also serve to stimulate revenue sharing and new tactics that make it a little less cookie cutter.

Edited by Azaghul
GnWq7CW.png

27 minutes ago, Azaghul said:

This is true, but it could also serve to stimulate revenue sharing and new tactics that make it a little less cookie cutter.

Revenue sharing has always been a thing. The homes should always pay a tip between 30-50% depending what is agreed upon. 

7 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

Where are the people complaining about realism like in other suggestion type threads? How can players possibly play that many games in a single day?! Clearly the cap needs to be 2 games a day max. Athletes can't survive playing more than double headers on a near daily basis. And a 5 second delay? There's no way a game of baseball could possibly finish in 5 seconds. The delay needs to be 3 hours, at least. 

This needs to be more real.

You're ruining my immersion.

These are the types of Quality Petty Sass posts I live for. If I hadn't wasted all my reactions today, I'd give you 5 of them.

Auto-tipping would be cool. I typically only play away games and these kids are apparently stingy millennials.
All in all, As someone who plays like 400 games every two weeks, I like these changes.

• Upvote 1

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

Guest PhantomThiefB

@Alex Were the timers really necessary when you've set us on a soft cap anyway? No one is even going to play now. May as well remove baseball altogether if your gonna be an !@#$ about it.

46 minutes ago, Jumba said:

By the way, most of the ads are for dating beautiful foreign girls who outnumber men 7 to 1.  Is Alex trying to hint at something for us baseball players?  ?

Well, we now know your search habits.

• Downvote 1

This 5|2 second limit are really scraping people's sanity and it's really killing baseball. It's making a vicious cycle that goes like:
1. No sane away player want to wait 5 sec/play (assuming it's 1 on 1) not to forget the limit also affect away games, resulting in no dedicated away player (especially those with 100 rating)
2. host is sane enough to not wait and spam refresh anymore as there's no more dedicated away player
3. some host is discouraged to continue hosting when people who hit their game is 2.00 rating team 
4. away got more limited amount of game available than intended because hoster are passive or semi-actively hosting at best (i.e.: they got 0 available game for minutes, so the 2 second limit they have is irrelevant)
5. Back to 1
6. as a result almost no one plays baseball 'delicately' anymore, making that 1000 host limit a joke that can be seen not surpassed (at least not by sane/non-scripting player)
people may counter-argue that away player can just play with everyone indiscriminately but this is supposed to be a game of politic in the first place, and benefits should be prioritized and limited towards ally rather than enemy. not to mention that enemy nation may be more likely to not pay the tip to away, hurting them more if the away is wasting their 1k limit doing away instead of hosting game.

Summary: Baseball now is stale and going to slowly approach 'dead' state except if this 5|2 sec limit is removed (or at least make it into 1|1 sec limit). @Alex 

Edited by Xin
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Alex said:

I've been seeing ads for stuff like World of Tanks. I think Google curates the ads to show you what it thinks you want :P

You think?

I hate golf and I've seen like 3 ads of take golf classes, 5 of where to buy Irons, and when I thought I was getting something interesting, no, was about the Russian Golf Club.

I put in a good amount of funding in to baseball and now when i,m at long last getting getting that hard cash someone thought it was funny to nerf baseball.

I spent millions in to funding for this btw

Why change anything?

Baseball was fun and if u wanted to make millions of dollars per day you had to brake a lot of eggs to say the very least.

Just band the people who used scripts and that,s it! No need to change anything 

• Upvote 2

Guest PhantomThiefB
15 minutes ago, reunited states of texas said:

I put in a good amount of funding in to baseball and now when i,m at long last getting getting that hard cash someone thought it was funny to nerf baseball.

I spent millions in to funding for this btw

Why change anything?

Baseball was fun and if u wanted to make millions of dollars per day you had to brake a lot of eggs to say the very least.

Hi, why is your nation link linking my nation?

Guest PhantomThiefB
1 minute ago, reunited states of texas said:

uhhhhh Rly Ill change that then srry mate

No problem dude, I saw you didn't have an AA on your forums account so I went to check what alliance you were in but it linked to my nation instead which confused me. ?

Just now, GreatWhiteNorth said:

No problem dude, I saw you didn't have an AA on your forums account so I went to check what alliance you were in but it linked to my nation instead which confused me. ?

No idea how that could happen Lamo at the fact that happened was 1 in a million 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, reunited states of texas said:

The biggest problem is that it's near impossible to tell who is using a script and who is not. Everyone could be scripting for all I know. Everyone could start scripting now to make an extra $10m a day for free playing baseball, and there really wouldn't be any way I could tell or anything I could do about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

1 hour ago, Alex said:

The biggest problem is that it's near impossible to tell who is using a script and who is not. Everyone could be scripting for all I know. Everyone could start scripting now to make an extra $10m a day for free playing baseball, and there really wouldn't be any way I could tell or anything I could do about it.

Then you have failed to figure out who is using bots or not.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Then remove the timer and aids captcha, make all games 10% or 25% earnings with 0 games at the old max

Current baseball is really unplayable, the captcha only kicks in when I go get a drink or go to the bathroom, so I'm encouraged to stay and spam for as long as I can which is even less healthy than it used to be at a reliable 10 minutes between captchas

Edit: player testimonals

image.png.5c4989a3a7e2c282b5cc5279b06026bf.png

Edited by JasperFrost
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

You all so forget that time to time there is a pop up saying "We think your a bot click this pictures of *blank" You forger bots are stupid they can not tell if the pictures are of your mother or a cow.

There was no problem in tell you thought there was now you have robbed me and many more baseball nations out of a hole lot of money because of your actions.

I hope you understand Alex you have punished your players...For playing your game