Nerf Baseball Earnings

Alex

unknown.png

8 minutes ago, Salvarity said:

A game limit and income nerf is a good idea. 5 second between just seems to be annoying though.

Overall, I think it's a good change. 

Please get rid of this crap V_V 

This helps me cut my addiction (the games limiting the amount of time I spend on baseball per day) but I don't want it to be 5 seconds, that takes longer than necessary and discourages people. 

Edited by Yuno
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Yuno said:

Alex come on, just cap the games, but who's going to spam refresh a million times to deal with the ANNOYING 5 second cap. Host games are already too slow due to Server Lag (and a ton of Host players waiting on 1 Aways player- which also adds on more time before you get a game.) We don't want MORE intentional lag. 

I will compromise and deal with the 1000 games per day limit , but I don't want to spend EXTRA 5 SECONDS per GAME on this. That doesn't make my life better. It takes more of a time  sink on Baseball than I did in the past.

Greetings, comrade!

Have you tried doing something else with your time rather than mashing a button on your phone twenty-four seven making, as the youth say, "number go up", and being upset that you can only take away a couple million instead of tens of millions from a money printing machine that for all intents and purposes should have caused absolute hyper-inflation by now?

Please consider applying to the Please Please Please Get A Life Foundation,

Undersecretary to the Office of PILOT EMERIUS, SUPREME CHAIRMAN OF THE GOONLAND COMMUNIST PARTY
Supreme Mugwump of the House of Foreign Affairs, Tobacco, and Firearms
Stairs To The House Of Prosperity Board Member
Chief Executive Officer of Builders League United
Keeper of Keys and Grounds at the Goonland School of Communism and Cutlery
Communist Weekly's Most Handsome Comrade Winner

Blutarch Mann

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Blutarch Mann said:

Why don't you get a life instead of judging others? Besides I don't play that much >_> 

Edited by Yuno
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Apature said:

so this is just a political battle for you? 

>it's only good if it hurts NPO. 

This isn't a battle for me at all. I just find I hilarious that NPO is having a stroke over a text based political game where most of the game is about talking with the community. 
I have no dog in the fight. Idc about the fight. Let's just make that clear. 

• Downvote 6

8 minutes ago, Blutarch Mann said:

Greetings, comrade!

Have you tried doing something else with your time rather than mashing a button on your phone twenty-four seven making, as the youth say, "number go up", and being upset that you can only take away a couple million instead of tens of millions from a money printing machine that for all intents and purposes should have caused absolute hyper-inflation by now?

Undersecretary to the Office of PILOT EMERIUS, SUPREME CHAIRMAN OF THE GOONLAND COMMUNIST PARTY
Supreme Mugwump of the House of Foreign Affairs, Tobacco, and Firearms
Stairs To The House Of Prosperity Board Member
Chief Executive Officer of Builders League United
Keeper of Keys and Grounds at the Goonland School of Communism and Cutlery
Communist Weekly's Most Handsome Comrade Winner

Blutarch Mann

I have a better Idea for you.
Since you are suggesting to "get a life", go and get a life for yourself so you will stop judging others.

aye?

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Alex said:

At this time, I've re-enabled Baseball with some changes:

• Increased security on reCAPTCHA for verifying if human. This applies to baseball, trading, and the game in general when it occasionally asks you to fill out a CAPTCHA.
  • Baseball earnings after 1,000 games have already been played for the day will only generate 10% of the normal revenue for home games. The winning team’s revenue is not affected by this.
  • There is now a rate limit on baseball games. You can only play a game once every 5 seconds. This restriction should be non-binding for the vast majority of players. It effectively caps the number of games played per day at 16,800.

Things might change after the new game day, but a bunch of us who haven't done baseball in 24hrs just tested it and are still making ~10% what we'd normally expect.

Yall can go back to your scheduled fighting now lol

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. Goober said:

Majority of NPO, ye. 

The majority of NPO don't play baseball?

I mean again folks like @Akuryo are too busy conflating politics with a mechanic a variety of people use from a different alliances. @Alex I suggest you look into the approach of home and aways differently, since they have different times to play/money involved. I really don't see the need to keep going after folks who cover aways/ so people can play homes etc without you paying enough attention to the meta of it. That's where the problem lies more than anything, and being this heavy handed over something that isn't as bad as your military glitching to award beiges/wins to folks and co. is weird, since here people are spending time within the confines of the law to do something. Those who bot, need to get their asses handed to them, but outside of that, you doing something because you can, doesn't make it the best way forward. 

I'll also say this, if the idea is strictly to limit the inflow of money into the game then the 5s delay isn't strictly necessary when you have that 1000 game limit. It kind of screws with the dynamic if there's no automatic reward for away player -and- a 5s timer on them. The combination of both means they'd end up embargoing newbies/unknowns/randoms just to get paid anything and not waste significant chunks of time.

Automatic halfsies between both teams maybe?

• Like 1

The irony of these changes is that all the power players @Alex is trying to nerf have already made their money. All you've done is make sure nobody else can catch up.

Personally I only baseball to get out of bill lock so this doesn't affect me. But the fact that your solution to baseball power players getting rich is to give them an unassailable head-start is hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Marxalot said:

Things might change after the new game day, but a bunch of us who haven't done baseball in 24hrs just tested it and are still making ~10% what we'd normally expect.

Yall can go back to your scheduled fighting now lol

1 hour ago, Xin said:

@Alex you sure you don't do another typo in the coding?
i got 10% penalty even tho i only played 100 game today, and my opponent at 200 game

https://politicsandwar.com/obl/game/id=6283634
https://politicsandwar.com/obl/game/id=6283641

This issue has now been fixed.

• Like 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Confirmed

Your OBL team, the Nye Strikers, played a home game against the Yuno YUNO. The final score was 3-1, you won. Your nation earned $23,934.57 for hosting the game. You also earned $848.53 for winning the game. Click here to see the Game Results.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I've reduced the time limit to 2s on away games and threw in some google ads which should help change up the positioning of the buttons to make macro abuse harder.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I'm playing 9 people right now, and that's 5 second per person

image.png.0bbb2758875b5349827f4eab1912f050.png

So for ONE person playing Home Games, they have to wait 45 seconds minimum for his turn to play *1 game*. Sadness when you limit the Away player's games. That's worse than 5 seconds. 

EDIT/UPDATE: 

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I've reduced the time limit to 2s on away games and threw in some google ads which should help change up the positioning of the buttons to make macro abuse harder.

Thanks ❤️ 

Let's test it

EDIT 3:  Just a suggestion, but how about 1 second (or 1.5 seconds)? 

Edited by Yuno
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cooper_ said:

@Alex Could we consider an auto-tip for away teams?  I believe this would be a major QoL improvement.

I'd rather the throttle be removed instead tbh

since everyone's going to fight to play Aways now that Aways is 2 seconds while Hosts/homes are 5-10 seconds

3 hours ago, Yuno said:

I'm playing 9 people right now, and that's 5 second per person

image.png.0bbb2758875b5349827f4eab1912f050.png

So for ONE person playing Home Games, they have to wait 45 seconds minimum for his turn to play *1 game*. Sadness when you limit the Away player's games. That's worse than 5 seconds. 

EDIT/UPDATE: 

Thanks ❤️ 

Let's test it

EDIT 3:  Just a suggestion, but how about 1 second (or 1.5 seconds)? 

There doesn't have to be only  one person playing away games...

GnWq7CW.png

1 minute ago, Azaghul said:

There doesn't have to be only  one person playing away games...

There's usually only one person playing away games as prisoner's dilemma encourages everyone to parasite off that single player, although in league play, it definitely makes sense for multiple people to do so.