Nerf Baseball Earnings

Alex

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yes, it is for aways as well.

Yes, this means you can't play 30,000 games a day anymore (max 16,800). I can't believe that wouldn't be enough.

You've generated $11,475,739.18 today alone in winning revenue (~$770/game) in your 14,888 games. That's a lot of money for doing basically nothing. You also generated an aggregate $259,364,102.45 for the home teams you played against today.

there was some doubt before but its official now that you are an idiot...so you can go ahead and ban this forum account if you like...i could care less about it at this point

Edited by Necrosin

3 minutes ago, Yuno said:

Wait, hold on.  Those 680 Games I played were all Away games, which meant I only earned $700 bucks per game (not fair.)  I could have been earning 20 thousand if I did all Home Games.

Does that mean if I play 420 Home Games right now, and I play any more after that, I only make 10%? If so, then I should have made my first 1000 games all Home Games, and then play Aways after that.  

Other than that, I don't mind the 1000 Games Cap, since that aligns with my School Life. However, I just wish I didn't get shafted for TODAY'S GAMEs. lol. 

I mean actually, that doesn't sound like a terrible idea. Though somebody would have to sacrifice themselves to get the ball rolling on that. 

2 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

I mean actually, that doesn't sound like a terrible idea. Though somebody would have to sacrifice themselves to get the ball rolling on that. 

LOL Yeah, it's more profitable for the first 1000 Games to all be Home Games, then they swap to Aways when they only make 10%, but someone has to make the first sacrifice. 

Also, the 5 Second thing is so annoying, I don't know if I'll stick with it. We will see.

Edited by Yuno

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Nizam Adrienne said:

Or make the 1000 games restriction for home games only since it doesn't much affect aways?

That's already the case. It only applies to revenue generated by the home team, and does not apply to the winning team's earnings.

If you're playing away games, you're already getting $0 for home team revenue generation.

• Downvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Just now, Alex said:

That's already the case. It only applies to revenue generated by the home team, and does not apply to the winning team's earnings.

If you're playing away games, you're already getting $0 for home team revenue generation.

Maybe I misunderstood your response to Yuno then? I thought you said her away games counted towards the 1000 games total before the 10% reduction. 

• Upvote 1

BrOQBND.jpg

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Calculation should be max potential revenue x 1000. Then 10% after that.

This erases the lost revenue you get from playing not maxed out teams, and gives those who have not yet maxed out team/stadium more games to be able to invest in their teams.

Edited by Tiberius

• Administrators
Just now, Nizam Adrienne said:

Maybe I misunderstood your response to Yuno then? I thought you said her away games counted towards the 1000 games total before the 10% reduction. 

They do, yes. After you've played 1,000 games for the day, you only get 10% of the home team revenue generation.

If you're playing only away games though, it doesn't matter. 10% of 0 is still 0, nothing is changing.

• Downvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yes, this means you can't play 30,000 games a day anymore (max 16,800). I can't believe that wouldn't be enough.

You've generated $11,475,739.18 today alone in winning revenue (~$770/game) in your 14,888 games. That's a lot of money for doing basically nothing. You also generated an aggregate $259,364,102.45 for the home teams you played against today.

I sleep, so assuming anyone plays for 24 hours a day every day is stupidity

also no, I didn't win every single game so I didn't get win revenue

also, getting 1 mil an hour for actively playing aways is terrible

As one of the very very few people who've managed to make running aways bearable (imagine playing homes and how annoying it is, now add 5-10x as much clicking) baseball was already marginal at best

Edited by JasperFrost
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bart said:

And there you go, insulting people again... Is it that hard for you to keep a civil conversation?

And it's still quite different, but of course that doesn't fit in your story.

If you call saltily spam-quoting me civil, then yes, yes it is. According to Inst, i'm so toxic i match the rest of KERCHTOGG combined. Frankly, the fact you've survived this long at all means you're probably a latent superhero or something!

I mean, no it's not different, really. All their shit goes to the bank, same as you. If someone said to me "Hey look i wanna play in this baseball league for fun" i'd go and DM our good friend @Abigor and have the alliance co-sign the loan to do it. It's not a big deal for me and it sure as hell wouldn't be for your alliance. If yours wouldn't do that, tough shit. That's not Alex's or anybody elses fault, that's on you for picking that alliance. 

Again, as i said to Tiberius, just because you lack creative problem solving to come up with the solutions i do within 20 seconds of responding to you doesn't make something a road block. It makes you inflexible and unreasonable. Why. i'm sure if its all about the community and not the money, you might even find fellow NPO members or allies who play baseball to front or help with the costs too.

Try doing something other than complaining about change or an inconvenience. Like, yanno, solving it with the power of human thought, maybe then i'll be less toxic as my hope in people is restored! :P

1 minute ago, Alex said:

The argument right now is whether home games are COUNTED by the baseball cap. Players should not be expected to sacrifice themselves to start home game sells.

Likewise, some casual players do home / away switches with only 15 minute spans. Currently, the home / away switch is requiring about 83 minutes of play at your hard-capped play limit is reached.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators
Just now, JasperFrost said:

also no, I didn't win every single game so I didn't get win revenue

Fair enough. You still won the majority of games, though, and got $7,799,705.03 in money from winning games.

• Downvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

Lets say I like clearing the queue when it gets large then switching back to home game's doing a little of both to keep the game moving forward instead of just being greedy. Why would I be punished by reducing my max daily revenue

• Administrators
Just now, Inst said:

The argument right now is whether home games are COUNTED by the baseball cap. Players should not be expected to sacrifice themselves to start home game sells.

Yes, it's configured for all games, home and away.

• Downvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

They do, yes. After you've played 1,000 games for the day, you only get 10% of the home team revenue generation.

If you're playing only away games though, it doesn't matter. 10% of 0 is still 0, nothing is changing.

No that does matter.  I play Both.  While I prioritize Home Games, when all the Aways players are offline and I want to play, I take initiative and play Aways if no one's playing Homes and I want to "Start activity for Baseball" already. 

But I don't care about that, I'm annoyed by the 5 second cap. It's so slow D:<

Edited by Yuno

• Administrators
Just now, Yuno said:

No that does matter.  I play Both.  While I prioritize Home Games, when all the Aways players are offline and I want to play, I take initiative and play Aways if no one's playing Homes and I want to "Start activity for Baseball" already. 

Sure. But how often do you really play more than 1,000 games a day anyway? For the vast majority of players, this cap is non-binding. Only 13 players have averaged more than 1,000 games a day over the past week.

AVG GAMES / DAY OCT 1 - OCT 8

image.png

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

To reiterate the salient flaws in the fix:

A daily cap is better than a rate limit, especially for away games. They create “liquidity” and make baseball function, analogously to markets.

The 10% profits cutoff function should either only count for home games (to be fair to away gamers) or count away games as less than a whole game each (in case the former would allow for too much cash generated).

If you insist on a rate limit, 5 seconds is a little long, especially for away games. Again, because they make less profits for the player and because they make the baseball “market” more “liquid,” they can’t be treated the same way home games are.

The better captchas are a welcome addition to the game, thanks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alex come on, just cap the games, but who's going to spam refresh a million times to deal with the ANNOYING 5 second cap. Host games are already too slow due to Server Lag (and a ton of Host players waiting on 1 Aways player- which also adds on more time before you get a game.) We don't want MORE intentional lag. 

I will compromise and deal with the 1000 games per day limit , but I don't want to spend EXTRA 5 SECONDS per GAME on this. That doesn't make my life better. It takes more of a time  sink on Baseball than I did in the past.

Edited by Yuno

1 minute ago, Alex said:

You're not aware of how the baseball community works.

There are three main ways of playing baseball. One involves a baseball player in a donor league; i.e, the player does nothing but away games for hours. This is less affected by your changes because they don't get penalized at all for their generosity.

Second, there's tipping. That involves players tipping other players for running the away game queue some portion of their earnings. This can be very irritating, as you often have scripting support in order to figure out how much you owe any given player. This is less affected, although quite affected, by your new baseball hard-caps.

Third, there's switching. Many casual players prefer this because it means they don't need to calculate how much they owe any given player through the notifications screen. A player does away for a given period of time, then switches to home for a given period of time. This is most highly affected by your baseball changes as it is no longer possible to switch due to the high losses involved.

• Like 1

And also just really worry because Baseball is *dependent on 2+ people* playing, so if the Aways player (whoever it is, doesn't matter- can be anyone) gets too annoyed by the 5 Second Limit, and is playing 10 Home Players, who also get 5 Second Limits

I worry I won't get to achieve my 1000 Games Milestone  for the day, because the Aways player gets frustrated and quits. 

Come on, 5 Seconds per game for Away games, really...  And I thought as a Homes player, I had it bad.  

This will take far Longer than 5 seconds to get a game then. 

EDIT: 

This 5-second-per-click Baseball Game is  MIND-NUMBING BORING

Edited by Yuno

I forgot to mention, but capping baseball delays is, as Edward I has said, removing liquidity. Pitch-only donors are now limited to 12 games per second, encouraging the supply of pitch-only players to dwindle.

In effect, Alex's changes have penalized both the first and third class of players, leaving baseball only to tippers, and tippers in high moderation

What I'd like Alex to be aware of is that there IS a baseball community, i.e, there are baseball Discord servers, there used to be attempts at Baseball-oriented alliances, etc etc etc. Everyone here agrees about the problems with bad actors in baseball (scripters, people who play too much, etc), but what Alex has done is to throw the baby out with the bathwater and punish all members of the baseball community.

One, simpler way to handle this is to put a moratorium on the baseball changes outside of increased controls on scripting. Let's see how the baseball numbers change in the following weeks, i.e, have the bad actors been neutralized, and if so, are baseball changes still needed?