Nerf Baseball Earnings

Alex

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

The last part I disagree with unless you could pause the timer. Again if you can't pause it's affecting the majority when they don't make anything like the figures posted. My preference is for a games cap, but it needs to be high enough to not affect the majority. 

It is when you are self funding it through baseball. 

I'd agree with being able to pause the baseball timer.

I'm curious, if baseball were a donation-only thing (it should not be), how many players would donate to baseball?

2 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Don't forget that 40m cash is NOT a large upfront cost as he claims, lol. 

I paid it through daily bonus and baseball, so yeah, then it is a big upfront cost, and so did many others.

I solemnly swear Lord of Darkness is up to no good.

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The last part I disagree with unless you could pause the timer. Again if you can't pause it's affecting the majority when they don't make anything like the figures posted. My preference is for a games cap, but it needs to be high enough to not affect the majority. 

It is when you are self funding it through baseball. 

If you're self funding through baseball refer to Alex's post that this isn't a baseball simulator. 40m isn't alot of money, and even for your "Majority" it really wouldnt be hard to pay back a loan of 40m from it. 

Infact, it'd be hilariously easy, and 40m is such a small amount most banks won't grill your ass on how you pay it.

Try again though, i'm sure someone somewhere will believe 40m is alot of money and not something you could make very easily by raiding or literally just taking a loan to max out a baseball team that you can easily spit a couple mil out from per day.

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Akuryo said:

If you're self funding through baseball refer to Alex's post that this isn't a baseball simulator. 40m isn't alot of money, and even for your "Majority" it really wouldnt be hard to pay back a loan of 40m from it. 

Infact, it'd be hilariously easy, and 40m is such a small amount most banks won't grill your ass on how you pay it.

Try again though, i'm sure someone somewhere will believe 40m is alot of money and not something you could make very easily by raiding or literally just taking a loan to max out a baseball team that you can easily spit a couple mil out from per day.

You're assuming your nation and your alliance, stop generalising based on that. Try again... 

Just now, Bart said:

You're assuming your nation and your alliance, stop generalising based on that. Try again... 

No i'm not. I know you're just an angry little drone, but you'll see if you read i only assumed repayment through playing baseball. Meaning that you, an NPO nation, could actually do it.

Oh, and, by the way, my entire alliance is on 100/100 too. Do your research before thinking you're clever.

4 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

That in particular is probably the most important point. As a banker if you came to me as a brand new nation wanting to play baseball, I still wouldn't even blink at handing over that 40 mill. I think the issue with the "majority" is most new players don't really know what options are available to them. Heck I am sure most alliances would loan money to their members for baseball fees.

Edited by Abigor
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

If you are earning money, taking loans, please revert back to Alex's post that this is "Politics and war" not Economy Simulator.

If I take a loan then surely if have to play more baseball games to pay it back, which you arguing not to be able to do.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Abigor said:

That in particular is probably the most important point. As a banker if you came to be as a brand new nation wanting to play baseball, I still wouldn't even blink at handing over that 40 mill. I think the issue with the "majority" is most new players don't really know what options are available to them. Heck I am sure most alliances would loan money to their members for baseball fees.

Especially NPO, who constantly pound on the drum that their #1 concern is their members and community. I'm sure they'd happily Co-sign loans if necessary for members to max out their teams and easily be able to pay it back, while enjoying themselves and the community. Yanno, the thing NPO cares about.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, JasperFrost said:

Is the 5 second limit for both homes and aways? If its for aways as well baseball is unplayable

Yes, it is for aways as well.

Yes, this means you can't play 30,000 games a day anymore (max 16,800). I can't believe that wouldn't be enough.

You've generated $11,475,739.18 today alone in winning revenue (~$770/game) in your 14,888 games. That's a lot of money for doing basically nothing. You also generated an aggregate $259,364,102.45 for the home teams you played against today.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

1 minute ago, JasperFrost said:

Is the 5 second limit for both homes and aways? If its for aways as well baseball is unplayable

Just tested. It is for both home and away

EDIT: beaten to the post by alex

Edited by Abigor
  • Like 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

If you are earning money, taking loans, please revert back to Alex's post that this is "Politics and war" not Economy Simulator.

If I take a loan then surely if have to play more baseball games to pay it back, which you arguing not to be able to do.

Actually it is, most of the game is econ, and Economics is very directly tied into Politics AND War, both ingame and IRL. Nice try, again, but your salt is showing, and im already dehydrated.

You also forgot to realize that if profits are eliminated or reduced to near nothing that having a max stadium or team is now irrelevant, aside from competing with each other for wins.

Even then, i hear NPO nations have funded entier cities, 16s, 17s, even 18s during wars from loot. Since NPO itself grants you cities, i'm sure if it's so dearly important you all would have just opted for that instead. 
Alternatively, eliminate profits entirely, and make it all upgradable by special baseball points you get by playing. Problem solved. Your lack of creative problem solving doesn't make something a road block.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Yes, it is for aways as well.

Yes, this means you can't play 30,000 games a day anymore (max 16,800). I can't believe that wouldn't be enough.

The reason its important is because

1. aways don't make money

2. if a home player has to wait for an away player to clear a 5-10 man queue you won't even be playing a game per minute

• Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

At this time, I've re-enabled Baseball with some changes:

• Increased security on reCAPTCHA for verifying if human. This applies to baseball, trading, and the game in general when it occasionally asks you to fill out a CAPTCHA.
  • Baseball earnings after 1,000 games have already been played for the day will only generate 10% of the normal revenue for home games. The winning team’s revenue is not affected by this.
  • There is now a rate limit on baseball games. You can only play a game once every 5 seconds. This restriction should be non-binding for the vast majority of players. It effectively caps the number of games played per day at 16,800.

Thank you, however I'd like to point out the rate limit will affect the majority with the way the queue system works. Everyone who plays homes is going to be waiting double or treble that. Also add advertising so you can turn it also into a revenue stream.

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

• Increased security on reCAPTCHA for verifying if human. This applies to baseball, trading, and the game in general when it occasionally asks you to fill out a CAPTCHA.
  • Baseball earnings after 1,000 games have already been played for the day will only generate 10% of the normal revenue for home games. The winning team’s revenue is not affected by this.
  • There is now a rate limit on baseball games. You can only play a game once every 5 seconds. This restriction should be non-binding for the vast majority of players. It effectively caps the number of games played per day at 16,800.

I think this is too extreme, i.e, if people want to do 2700 games per day over 3 hours, they should be allowed to do so.

Also, I want to point out that from what you've said, baseball game soft caps are applied to both home and away games. This is discouraging people from playing away games; I personally love clearing out away game queues, and you're penalizing me for it.

The figure I've given you, anyways, is representative of how "mediocre" baseball players such as myself play. I've yet to pay off my baseball costs, and when 15 games / minute over 2 hours already exceed your softcap, it is punishing me, who is not a serious baseball player.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

Wait, hold on.  Those 680 Games I played were all Away games, which meant I only earned $700 bucks per game (not fair.)  I could have been earning 20 thousand if I did all Home Games.

Does that mean if I play 420 Home Games right now, and I play any more after that, I only make 10%? If so, then I should have made my first 1000 games all Home Games, and then play Aways after that.  

Other than that, I don't mind the 1000 Games Cap, since that aligns with my School Life. However, I just wish I didn't get shafted for TODAY'S GAMEs. lol. 

Edited by Yuno

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

5 seconds is a little much, I'd much rather see a cap on total games (5000?), but overall this isn't bad.

• Upvote 4
GnWq7CW.png

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Yuno said:

Wait, hold on.  Those 680 Games I played were all Away games, which meant I earned $700 bucks per game (not fair.) Does that mean if I play 420 Home Games right now, and I play any more after that, I only make 10%? If so, then I should have made my first 1000 games all Home Games, and then play Aways after that.  

Yes, but that's about to reset in an hour and a half. Are you going to play 420 games in that amount of time?

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

On 10/9/2019 at 12:16 AM, Akuryo said:

No i'm not. I know you're just an angry little drone, but you'll see if you read i only assumed repayment through playing baseball. Meaning that you, an NPO nation, could actually do it.

Oh, and, by the way, my entire alliance is on 100/100 too. Do your research before thinking you're clever.

And there you go, insulting people again... Is it that hard for you to keep a civil conversation?

And it's still quite different, but of course that doesn't fit in your story.

Unfairly banned for posting negative reviews.

Edited by Bart

1 minute ago, Azaghul said:

5 seconds is a little much, I'd much rather see a cap on total games (5000?), but overall this isn't bad.

5 seconds is too much. I would prefer a cap of 5k total games than a 5 second limit. I could cope with the changes Alex has done minus the 5 second limit tbh. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alex said:

Yes, but that's about to reset in an hour and a half. Are you going to play 420 games in that amount of time?

Or make the 1000 games restriction for home games only since it doesn't much affect aways?

BrOQBND.jpg

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I see, the 1.5 hour makes me feel better.  

Funny:  I'll  try to rush in those 420 games as fast as possible  before the timer is up =P 

Edit: Okay, this 5 Second thing is going to take some getting used to.

Edited by Yuno