Nerf Baseball Earnings

Alex

12 minutes ago, JasperFrost said:

1. Unless you invest 40m into baseball it makes virtually nothing, and many of those games are against new teams so no one makes any money

2. No tips are guaranteed, I think it was mostly goons people today and they're all new so I got tipped by like three of them today

3. I play baseball to help new players and don't require new players to tip

4. Standard tip rate is 30%, almost no one tips half

Congratulations even at 30% that's still 120m! On the bright side, my alliance does actually now outearn you!. Assuming you only do this once every 2 days, of course.

A 40m investment is goddamn pennies, !@#$ please. You're a 20 city nation in one of the richest alliances in the game and with how much dosh this is spawning it's really rather trivial to just fund people that poultry 40m. 

Meanwhile your trade activity screen is pretty much nothing food trades to people from the very alliances accussed/known to run massive baseball rings to spawn hundreds or even billions in cash per day. 

Oh this 3rd one is rich. "Spawning in assloads of money is okay as long as it's to noobs, who cares that somebody already went through an entire textwall explaining why spawning assloads of cash at all isn't really good for anybody."

I applaud your attempt at salesmanship but i'm afraid i went last week to the store to stock up on bullshit for the month. I'm not interested, try my neighbor Frank though, he always forgets.

Edited by Akuryo
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Didn't you people go on and on about some tipping culture and so everyone actually only gets like 12k a game?

Now when someone in NPO plays 15k away games suddenly they're making less than that in money from the all?

Am... I expected to believe people like Who Me don't tip? Lol?

Btw 14,888 games averaging 11k because tipping comes out to just shy of 164m. Congratulations that's over double what my nation grosses net in a week right now.

To all the people trying to bullshit me earlier that you can't realistically do this, it seems multiple people coming to light who are doing exactly as I described. I don't care if you used a bot or not to do it. That shit needs to stop. My entire alliance on 100% money taxes makes that much in two goddamn days right now. That's indefensible.

Oh bugger off or at least stop intentionally misrepresenting things.
a) Tips are usually 30% or less. 
b) We normally don't tip within NPO, period.
c) A large portion will run less than 12k, you have to invest tens of millions into your stadium to get up to 10k / game. Most folks only upgrade their stadium to prevent folks from looting the cash during a war and will never get to the maximum level. So yeah, the actual profit would be more along the lines of 31-32 million if we consider realistic tips and games.

Quite frankly, are you so dense or is this intentional?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I solemnly swear Lord of Darkness is up to no good.

Without scripts, I played 1100 games per day (especially during the summer. I slowed down when school started. 500 is my number, if I have time to sit down.) Anything is possible, just don't be lazy.  

my setup was like, two windows.  One for baseball, one for my online stories/readings/homework.   Or alternatively I can read something off my Phone. 

Edited by Yuno

1 minute ago, Bart said:

Oh bugger off or at least stop intentionally misrepresenting things.
a) Tips are usually 30% or less. 
b) We normally don't tip within NPO, period.
c) A large portion will run less than 12k, you have to invest tens of millions into your stadium to get up to 10k / game. Most folks only upgrade their stadium to prevent folks from looting the cash during a war and will never get to the maximum level. So yeah, the actual profit would be more along the lines of 31-32 million if we consider realistic tips and games.

Quite frankly, are you so dense or is this intentional?

"Waaahhh alex didnt read the whole thread"

"OH HEY LOOK SOMEONE DISAGREES WITH US QUICK 8 PEOPLE ALL SAY THE SAME THING TO THEM"

Oh bugger off, at least try to not look at an asshat when you're whining. Cause you're all really damn bad at it. You wanna be heard? Guess what? Nobodys heard in a crowd of 1000 shouting voices. Try not wasting peoples time by all repeating each other.

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, JasperFrost said:

Full disclosure:

The three people who have complained so far are all people I've embargoed for not tipping

If you mean recently in this thread i hate to break it to you, but i've had baseball disabled for months and months. 

Also: 
"I embargo people for not tipping"
"I play to help new players and dont ask for tips"

If i'm not mistaken you don't get to choose who you play so unless in your 5 seconds between games you check every nation you play i'm curious how that works.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Akuryo said:

"OH HEY LOOK SOMEONE DISAGREES WITH US QUICK 8 PEOPLE ALL SAY THE SAME THING TO THEM"

Oh bugger off, at least try to not look at an asshat when you're whining. Cause you're all really damn bad at it. You wanna be heard? Guess what? Nobodys heard in a crowd of 1000 shouting voices. Try not wasting peoples time by all repeating each other.

There's plenty of people across various alliances who are arguing for baseball to stay as it is. Whereas the ones arguing against it are all in the same sphere. Suggestions always get turned into political battles by one side. Plenty have suggested ways to change baseball that doesn't affect the majority of the players who play it. If we all had the same feel about "side games" as you lot all we would have is politics on the forums and Nations with just military units. Because it's Politics and War. Not grow your Nation.com it's not profit through trading.com etc

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Vein said:

imagine making such a big fuss over baseball in "Politics and war"... play cookie clicker if you guys are into clicking something so much

lol some people don't Raid or Trade.  It's hard to get them interested in this game without baseball (which they like,) so maybe this game isn't for  "pacifist nations" then? 

Edited by Yuno

If you mean recently in this thread i hate to break it to you, but i've had baseball disabled for months and months. 

Also: 
"I embargo people for not tipping"
"I play to help new players and dont ask for tips"

If i'm not mistaken you don't get to choose who you play so unless in your 5 seconds between games you check every nation you play i'm curious how that works.

t. has never played baseball and still complains about it

The way it works is away players get to see the detailed screen of who you're playing what the score is and how much people earn. If I see someone new I check who it is, if its someone who's had a nation for over a year I embargo until they accept a tipping agreement, if its a noob I just keep playing them because they need the money

• Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Eight people? More like one by the looks of it. On the other hand, mirror, mirror, on the wall...

I solemnly swear Lord of Darkness is up to no good.

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

It is called Politics & War

It's certainly not intended to be a baseball simulator.

This ignoring that the community makes it a delightful past-time to seek out and destroy neutrals, war dodgers, and pacifists. 

So, no, @Yuno, this game really ain't a place to be if you're a pacifist. The community will literally hunt you like a deer for it.

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

damn lol you got me there 

/trademark alex roast

Edited by Yuno

Just now, Alex said:

Then why do you have trading simulator, Keno simulator, Dice simulator, city building simulator? Why don't we all just get the same Nation setup with military units and be done with everything else. See how that helps with player retention. 

3 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

This ignoring that the community makes it a delightful past-time to seek out and destroy neutrals, war dodgers, and pacifists. 

So, no, @Yuno, this game really ain't a place to be if you're a pacifist. The community will literally hunt you like a deer for it.

Some people like "World Building"  their nations. There are plenty of Pacifist alliances. For example, Farkistan, Fighting Pacifists,  Guinea Pigs, and so on. 

Well this sucks that Alex has a "very certain view for how his game should be" but it's his game XD

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Then why do you have trading simulator, Keno simulator, Dice simulator, city building simulator? Why don't we all just get the same Nation setup with military units and be done with everything else. See how that helps with player retention. 

And this actually, someone made 25,000,000 billion off Keno. Baseballers make a fraction of that. 

Edited by Yuno

• Administrators

Here's some data I'm pulling on games played. All dates server time.

OCT 8 - OCT 9

image.png

OCT 7 - OCT 8

image.png

OCT 6 - OCT 7

image.png

OCT 5 - OCT 6

image.png

OCT 4 - OCT 5

image.png

OCT 3 - OCT 4

image.png

OCT 2 - OCT 3

image.png

OCT 1 - OCT 2

image.png

• Like 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Baseball's a minor mechanic that's most useful during wartime (to escape cash lock while blockaded, and when other sources of income are zeroed).

In other words, baseball IS fighting the war; i.e, the baseball leagues are mainly BK/Cam, NPO, and some TKR, and they're putting lots of time in to create military and political advantage.

As I've mentioned before, baseball is very good for player retention as the cowclicker mechanics and large up-front cost means that players end up with a sunk-costs fallacy and are thus less likely to quit the game.

The primary problem with baseball right now are players who just play plain too much. I'm not an optimized baseball player, despite my max baseball set-up, and I usually do 15 games / minute with someone I know who's also bad at baseball. People I know manage 30 game / minute.

As is, the punishment for baseball "abuse" is baseball itself; i.e, spending 6 hours a day pressing the "away" or "home" button is plain torture. The problem with baseball isn't ordinary baseball players, who often do 1-3 hours per day, but the outliers, who are likely scripting to spend 6 hours a day pressing the baseball buttons. These outliers, if they're all scripting, need to be addressed. If they're not scripting, we need to find sane "normal" limits that don't punish ordinary baseball players and weaken the game by reducing baseball-related player retention.

===

One simple way to deal with baseball is to set a baseball timer; to start playing baseball, you need to activate a baseball timer. Players are limited to 3 hours of baseball play per day, and once their timer runs out, they're locked out of baseball. If they're good at baseball (30-50 games per day), they'll be able to make tons of money playing baseball. If they're bad at baseball, they should learn how to play better, although connection quality issues are always going to limit them.

Edited by Inst

5 minutes ago, Yuno said:

Some people like "World Building"  their nations. There are plenty of Pacifist alliances. For example, Farkistan. 

Well this sucks that Alex has a "very certain view for how his game should be" but it's his game XD

And this actually, someone made 25,000,000 billion off Keno.

Fark aren't pacifist, they're perennial actors. Largely inactive and not interested in politics because they've been primarily shat on over the years, so why would they be.

Actual pacifist alliances include TFP prior to Knightfall, who got executed publicly for the handful of members who weren't pacifist pixel huggers that ghosted TKR-sphere and returned. GPA, neutral pacifists, who got publicly executed for "Not being neutral enough" among other things. RnR, now currently on lots of peoples shit lists, for being pacifist pixel huggers avoiding war, particularly their leader. EDIT: Oh and Dark Brotherhood, that was a recent one.

Conclusion: Being a pacifist in this game is bad for your health. Really, really bad. :P

Edited by Akuryo
  • Like 1

Just now, Epi said:

The majority of those who maxed baseball have less than 10 cities rn Inst. Also that guy who played 30k games in one day generated over 800mil lol. 

Not arguing for or against just keeping things in perspective 

Don't forget that 40m cash is NOT a large upfront cost as he claims, lol. 

5 minutes ago, Inst said:

Baseball's a minor mechanic that's most useful during wartime (to escape cash lock while blockaded, and when other sources of income are zeroed).

In other words, baseball IS fighting the war; i.e, the baseball leagues are mainly BK/Cam, NPO, and some TKR, and they're putting lots of time in to create military and political advantage.

As I've mentioned before, baseball is very good for player retention as the cowclicker mechanics and large up-front cost means that players end up with a sunk-costs fallacy and are thus less likely to quit the game.

The primary problem with baseball right now are players who just play plain too much. I'm not an optimized baseball player, despite my max baseball set-up, and I usually do 15 games / minute with someone I know who's also bad at baseball. People I know manage 30 game / minute.

As is, the punishment for baseball "abuse" is baseball itself; i.e, spending 6 hours a day pressing the "away" or "home" button is plain torture. The problem with baseball isn't ordinary baseball players, who often do 1-3 hours per day, but the outliers, who are likely scripting to spend 6 hours a day pressing the baseball buttons. These outliers, if they're all scripting, need to be addressed. If they're not scripting, we need to find sane "normal" limits that don't punish ordinary baseball players and weaken the game by reducing baseball-related player retention.

===

One simple way to deal with baseball is to set a baseball timer; to start playing baseball, you need to activate a baseball timer. Players are limited to 3 hours of baseball play per day, and once their timer runs out, they're locked out of baseball. If they're good at baseball (30-50 games per day), they'll be able to make tons of money playing baseball. If they're bad at baseball, they should learn how to play better, although connection quality issues are always going to limit them.

The last part I disagree with unless you could pause the timer. Again if you can't pause it's affecting the majority when they don't make anything like the figures posted. My preference is for a games cap, but it needs to be high enough to not affect the majority. 

Don't forget that 40m cash is NOT a large upfront cost as he claims, lol. 

It is when you are self funding it through baseball. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Epi said:

The majority of those who maxed baseball have less than 10 cities rn Inst. Also that guy who played 30k games in one day generated over 800mil lol. 

Not arguing for or against just keeping things in perspective 

In other words, baseball is an alternative way to play PnW that should be preserved.

-Baseball is its own punishment

-When baseball isn't its own punishment, i.e, players who play too much or are scripting, that is an issue that should be addressed.