Nerf Baseball Earnings

Alex

22 minutes ago, Velyka Ethnos said:

Google Captcha fails in a 85%, but, it aids to generate conflict to the cheaters. However, you could add to the baseball code, a few lines of javascript to block content from Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey, or others 3rd parties snipset/scripts injectors, or a content-security-header to check up in cookies, but then GDPR should be checked closely and carefully.

Or maybe some kind of random variability in the way buttons appear on the page with the occasional fake button that would trip up a bot but not a human.

GnWq7CW.png

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

The maximum revenue generated in a game with max upgrades and two 100 rated teams is ~ $127,710. There are some players playing over 30,000 games a day. Even if they're averaging half of that, that's ~$1.5b generated in a day, just playing baseball. And quite possibly with a script that at this point there's really not a way to effectively block (of course, I'm looking into that.)

I'm not planning on removing baseball, but I do think that earnings need to be nerfed, and there needs to be a dropoff point so that people aren't playing 30,000 games a day. That's one game every 2.7 seconds for 24 hours straight. Does no one else think that's ridiculous?

I'm also going to look at more effective captchas, rate limiting games to one per 10 seconds or something, and better detection for scripters. But I still can't believe that popular sentiment is pro leaving baseball the way it is (completely gamebreaking, in my opinion.) And I am aware that there have been some organized downvote brigades against this post already.

Ok just drop it so the maximum one game played = $25,000.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Does no one else think that's ridiculous?

I'm also going to look at more effective captchas, rate limiting games to one per 10 seconds or something, and better detection for scripters. But I still can't believe that popular sentiment is pro leaving baseball the way it is (completely gamebreaking, in my opinion.) And I am aware that there have been some organized downvote brigades against this post already.

Everyone who isn't exploiting it thinks it's ridiculous. Flip the switch.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

The maximum revenue generated in a game with max upgrades and two 100 rated teams is ~ $127,710. There are some players playing over 30,000 games a day. Even if they're averaging half of that, that's ~$1.5b generated in a day, just playing baseball. And quite possibly with a script that at this point there's really not a way to effectively block (of course, I'm looking into that.)

I'm not planning on removing baseball, but I do think that earnings need to be nerfed, and there needs to be a dropoff point so that people aren't playing 30,000 games a day. That's one game every 2.7 seconds for 24 hours straight. Does no one else think that's ridiculous?

More effective captchas would be a welcome change in general, not just for baseball. Limiting the total baseball profits per day in one way or another isn't a horrible idea, but please make it an effective limit on the number of games and not the profits per game. If the point is to discourage botting or large amounts of time sunk into a grinding mechanic as well as to lower baseball profits, then you'd want fewer clicks anyway. Plus, fewer clicks would decrease server load.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

The maximum revenue generated in a game is 25k. Not $127,710. No one is playing 30k games a day, unless they are cheating. Ban them. 

100% of players aren't even playing that many games. So you are wanting to punish the majority for the minority, of which no one actually plays 30k a day so you are wanting to punish players for no reason.

At what point does keno winnings, trade arbitrage profits become ridiculous? 

The reason so many are up in arms against this suggestion is we play baseball for fun and for additional cash. The time required to make a decent sum is substantial enough. We have also invested plenty of cash into baseball. The vast majority have followed the rules. 

Furthermore a 10 sec delay would be ridiculous. It's not like games get played instantly. It all depends on the speed of the away player.

Edited by Tiberius
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

This guy's never played a baseball game in his life. The winning player makes $50-850. The home player makes $200-22,500 per game.  ( 900 + 22,700 ) / 2 players = $11,800 per game.

What numbers are you using to get your calculations?

• Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

Buddy, I think your max revenue is off by a factor of about 5 lol

e:f;b

Edited by Marxalot
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

If JasperFrost isn't one of those 30k-per-day users I'll eat my hat... he's made up 90% of all games I've played, regardless of time of day.

• Administrators

Ah, you're right, just realized where I calculated wrong. Actual max per game (home game revenue) is $28,578. Max winner revenue would be $12,000 ~848. For the record, here are the revenue formulas as they are currently.

Winning Team Revenue = SQRT(Combined Team Ratings) * 60

Home Team Revenue = Avg Ticket Price * Attendance

Avg Ticket Price = SQRT(Home Team Quality + Combined Rating) / 20

Max Attendance = MIN( (Home Team Quality + Combined Rating) * 100, Home Team Seating * 330)

Actual attendance is a random value between 70-100% of max attendance.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Max winner revenue is never 12k. The most you get for winning the match is like $800. 

There's a reason we have a tipping culture. Because aways make pretty much nothing even when they win the match.

Edited by Tiberius
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ban the people that play a game every 2.7 seconds. That's not human.

Ban anyone that is clearly not a human pressing the button. Then recalculate the revenue of what a normal human being makes in the game and don't compare bots revenue to human revenue, and reevaluate if it's worth nerfing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Max winner revenue is never 12k. The most you get for winning the match is like $800. 

There's a reason we have a tipping culture. Because aways make pretty much nothing even when they win the match.

Sorry, yes, max revenue from winning the game is $848. My apologies again, looking at a lot of stuff at once and missed a bracket in my calc.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

1 minute ago, Khris Kruel said:

Ban anyone that is clearly not a human pressing the button. Then recalculate the revenue of what a normal human being makes in the game and don't compare bots revenue to human revenue, and reevaluate if it's worth nerfing.

I've played 18k home and 18k away games over the last few years netting 370 mil and investing 100mil. That's without factoring being looted, tipping players etc

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No one is playing 30k games a day, unless they are cheating. Ban them.

You’re literally arguing with the one guy who has access to all details here.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

You’re literally arguing with the one guy who has access to all details here.

And funnily enough I was right. So take your face for a walk on matters you know nothing about.

Edited by Tiberius

4 minutes ago, Khris Kruel said:

Its actually really easy.  Ever heard of F5 refreshing?

Just now, Tiberius said:

And funnily enough I was right. 

On the revenue, not the amount of games played

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

So you think you're capable of hitting F5 for 24 hours straight?

I think you're lying and a bot.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

No, no one is playing 30k games a day. 100% guarantee that. I'm assuming he meant combined, as in the total number of games played in a day from everyone.

4 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

X9brA1F.gif

sure thing boss

Edited by Marxalot
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, no one is playing 30k games a day. 100% guarantee that. I'm assuming he meant combined, as in the total number of games played in a day from everyone.

Yeah, because 16 hours / 30000 equals 1.92 seconds, which is a bit excessive I would say for a single day.

I solemnly swear Lord of Darkness is up to no good.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Sure they are. This nation, for example, has played 30,382 games today.

Sorry, my mistake again. Making a lot of typos today. 14,888 games today. You can now see the number of matches a team has played today on their history page.

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=30694

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link