Nerf Baseball Earnings

Alex

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

I read a lot of the posts, but after about page 9 I gave up on reading all replies.

Based on the information posted there, I don't see how we can't nerf baseball at this point.

Or you know deal with botters when they are reported? 

Also what's the point in asking for players opinions if you aren't going to bother reading all the replies?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

I read a lot of the posts, but after about page 9 I gave up on reading all replies.

Based on the information posted there, I don't see how we can't nerf baseball at this point.

I think you should listen to the people saying baseball should depreciate over the entirety of the day after a certain amount of games. A flat cut to where baseball brings in 10% of what it previously did is dumb. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

So you're saying you had this all reported to you before the absurd baseball earnings were racked up, and after failing to do literally anything about the cheating reported you let it happen for months or years and then want to nerf baseball instead of dealing with the cheating as reported to you by probably dozens of people over the course of years.

Huh.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Why ... not deal with the cheaters and maybe improve the baseball system? Instead of just doing ... whatever this is?

I'm really not trying to be a dick here but I'm just baffled. The game has so little to do as is, hastily removing baseball without a solid plan to move forward strikes me as very counter-productive.

• Upvote 3

2CmeZXo.gif

6 minutes ago, Oh Tiniest Bird said:

Why ... not deal with the cheaters and maybe improve the baseball system? Instead of just doing ... whatever this is?

I'm really not trying to be a dick here but I'm just baffled. The game has so little to do as is, hastily removing baseball without a solid plan to move forward strikes me as very counter-productive.

Punishing the majority for the minority and his own laziness is the status quo. 

I feel sorry for those who have been using bball as a means to fight their wars who will now be logging in with no prior notification to be cash strapped and unable to play another part of the game. The minimum Alex could have done is informed people he was planning to suspend bball and give players the opportunity to adjust their strategies. 

Edited by Tiberius
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Alex said:

I'm not going to download the extremely legitimate browser extension from indiacustomercare dot com and check, but that looks like all it does it click the recaptcha checkbox. It shouldn't be effective when the captcha asks you to teach an AI what a taxi looks like.

Shouldn't, looks like, etc. Maybe recaptcha is just way shittier than I assume.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Marxalot said:

I'm not going to download the extremely legitimate browser extension from indiacustomercare dot com and check, but that looks like all it does it click the recaptcha checkbox. It shouldn't be effective when the captcha asks you to teach an AI what a taxi looks like.

Shouldn't, looks like, etc. Maybe recaptcha is just way shittier than I assume.

The issue is he hasn't got the captcha that always does that. The majority of the time I just get a tick box. So obviously the the easiest way to solve this botting is to always use the captchas that ask you to click "cars" etc. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Alex said:

You know what would be a very effective use of your time?

Currently the optimal way to play this game is not win a war, and not allow your opponent into beige.

How about we look at why the optimal way to play this game is to lose wars?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, Alex said:

So you basically stopped reading before all the proper counter arguments were listed? Not to mention calling out the lies from certain people. That's rather convenient...

I solemnly swear Lord of Darkness is up to no good.

46 minutes ago, Alex said:

As long as you refund all the costs; although should do it in credit form and round up. So doesn't matter whether people are blockaded or not when you do it. (Then people can choose if they want to invest in the nerfed version with their refunds or part of it)

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Will be interesting to see how many people are online at once now versus post baseball nerf. As well as total active players; although I still don't know why it needs to be nerfed since I didn't see the secret document.

Alex posted it in the thread he linked in his most recent post

1 minute ago, Nobody Expects said:

Use a more robust Capatcha, problem solved!

There are easier methods, add fake invisible buttons, shift the position of the button significantly on each page load, etc. 

I solemnly swear Lord of Darkness is up to no good.

1 minute ago, Bart said:

There are easier methods, add fake invisible buttons, shift the position of the button significantly on each page load, etc. 

or he could change one parameter in his recaptcha setup

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I try really hard to be supportive and say more positive things than negative things about game changes.  I know Alex's job is very hard and he's never going to make everyone happy and he catches a lot of undeserved flak.  We all owe him just for having this game to play in the first place.  So with the point that I really, really don't want to be a whiner:

This is bone headed.  If there is suspected cheating, suspend the suspected cheaters rather than suspending baseball for everyone.  ESPECIALLY in the middle of a big war, when the precedent is to postpone changes until after the war so you don't undermine anyone's strategy or be potentially biased towards one side.

• Upvote 5
GnWq7CW.png

Google Captcha fails in a 85%, but, it aids to generate conflict to the cheaters. However, you could add to the baseball code, a few lines of javascript to block content from Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey, or others 3rd parties snipset/scripts injectors, or a content-security-header to check up in cookies, but then GDPR should be checked closely and carefully.

• Upvote 2

:( 

1 hour ago, Jumba said:

Now what am I supposed to do?  Go outside?  Actually do the work I'm getting paid for?

Agreed XD

Ahahaha can't believe I sunk so much time into this thing

maybe i'll actually score As now. I don't mind what happens because it's Alex's game. 

(But yeah if there's a way to stop scripters but allow baseball, that'd be better.)

Edited by Yuno
  • Like 2