Nerf Baseball Earnings

Alex

2 hours ago, Gudea said:

@Alex - Spamming money into the game via Baseball, Keno, or shootin' dice is a really bad idea. If players want to make more money, then they can raid, or work out their city builds to be more efficient, ie. infra, manufacturing or mining. The games were supposed to be something to kill time between turns in P&W, not a money spamming machine, right? Therefore, the games are being abused. End 'em all.

If people want to spam money into the game, then they can buy credits, and keep your P&W server(s) going! It's not a pay-to-win game, since anyone can still do the grind. And never mind the whining - they just don't want to lose the free ride they've been getting spamming games. The only ones complaining are the ones getting too much free dough clicking a mouse button.

The whiners need to remember that it's the Wallet Warriors that keep the game funded...like it or not.

NB!: Alex make no $$$$ = No Politics and War!

ok...i think you need to look again at who is doing the whining genius. those of us quietly playing baseball did not come here and start this thread. we didnt go crying to the devs because we dont think its fair that we cant insta win a war. and as far as Alex and his servers go...i could care less. if he wants to print money he can add paid adds onto the baseball page. our daily clicks should be more than enough for to make him happy and forget about the idiot wallet warriors

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Akuryo said:

You act likes that's impossible. Which, right now, maybe it is. Right up until those numbers George got suddenly become reliable with enough bodies playing, and with the benefit being that significant, why not.

I mean, as stated, it's already well known that NPO/GPWC/GOONS are running a huge league amongst themselves, and I'm sure somebody did the math when going about it. 

Early adopters are just that, early. ?

I’ve been in a Channel called Orbis Baseball Players with people from all spheres long before GPWC/GOONS came even if I don’t use the channel much. Which is why you trying to get of Baseball is unpopular with most. It’s not a new thing & many use it to interact with others they normally wouldn’t.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Akuryo said:

I think what you don't understand is that there's a dictionary definition for this word and this doesn't fit it. It's like if somebody, going off a Keshav example as i play Oldschool RS too, asked for Runescape to be less grindy and less click intensive. Literally the opposite of punishing players.

Heh, you're talking about dictionary now to find reason to support your argument and trying neglect the feelings of others. Might be off topic here, but who's being the jerk here that try to seek attention by using whatever excuses they can to push down other people's views and comments making theirs look like a joke and yours like words of a saint? And what? Your example shows someone asking the game to be less grindy and less click intensive, is just one side of the positive of the game to majority, it's just like asking those bugs to be fixed which everyone wanted. And just because baseball is not the main core of the game and less people play that, doesn't meaning nerfing it can make everyone else happy about it. You are totally ignorant to people who oppose your views, and expect people to value your ideas. Sorry if you're not, but you're totally sound like that to me. For someone who doesn't play baseball and can say that, is pretty impressive though, as if you know everything without even touching hands on. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Akuryo said:

Baseball being a primary income for small nations? Sure, not so bad, but, this is easily a primary income for even a city 21. Hell, George and Epi were new, if i got good i could probably do more than 7m in 15 minutes and it could be a primary income for me at city 25, and the whales could shaves over a week, maybe 2 off getting their cities. With income levels like that, the bigger this gets, the more attention it gets, the worse for everyone in the long run. The game does not need to have DOUBLE the money flowing into it. 

Stop talking out of your arse, you can't generate 7 million in 15 minutes, even with a fully upgraded team and stadium. You'd have to run a game every 2 seconds to do it, and even then you wouldn't succeed because you'll average less than 20k per game with a good team and fully upgraded stadium, and the page load time will average you more than 5 seconds on a non-laggy moment... If you are going to start lying and pull numbers out of your arse at least make sure they're realistic.

So let's face it, this is about people whining that the game isn't pay-to-win, and that you can actually get something done with some activity and organisation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I solemnly swear Lord of Darkness is up to no good.

3 minutes ago, Necrosin said:

ok...i think you need to look again at who is doing the whining genius. those of us quietly playing baseball did not come here and start this thread. we didnt go crying to the devs because we dont think its fair that we cant insta win a war. and as far as Alex and his servers go...i could care less. if he wants to print money he can add paid adds onto the baseball page. our daily clicks should be more than enough for to make him happy and forget about the idiot wallet warriors

I am looking at who's doing the whining. @Alex started the thread, and nobody's talking about insta-winning wars. And I'm not in the habit of crying to developers. I might provide input if requested, but that's about it. And, in this case, input was requested.

If you don't care about Alex and his server(s), then you don't care about Politics and War, or the little time-killing games in it. No Credit sales = No server(s) = No Politics and War = No Keno, Baseball, or Dice. Your statement, "I could care less" is obviously illogical.

You're really just feeling put out about the possibility of not being able to quietly spam free in-game cash anymore, right? After all, putting ads on the Baseball page doesn't correct the problem of large sums of money being spawned into the game out of thin air. You didn't address that problem at all. The quantities involved amount to something akin to a 'legitimate exploit'. $13 billion in one case?! Over a period of, say, 5 years, that's over $7 million a day profit! That's ridiculous!

What you call "idiot wallet warriors" are the reason Politics and War (or almost ANY game!) exists. Non-paying players ALWAYS ride free, but only on the coattails of Wallet Warriors. Somebody is ALWAYS buying something one way or another with REAL money to keep games going. You can call the headquarters of the NFL, NHL, NBA, or PM Alex to confirm that. In this case, Credit purchases need to be the only 'legitimate exploit'. It's not Pay-to-Win, but Pay-for-Less-Grind-Time. Your opinion of Wallet Warriors is unrealistic and irrelevant.

It's the real world, so face facts: In the end, it's all about the money. Get that, Einstein?

And there's nothing wrong with that. I don't work for free, either!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

P&W SK Flag Small.jpg

7 minutes ago, Gudea said:

I am looking at who's doing the whining. @Alex started the thread, and nobody's talking about insta-winning wars. And I'm not in the habit of crying to developers. I might provide input if requested, but that's about it. And, in this case, input was requested.

If you don't care about Alex and his server(s), then you don't care about Politics and War, or the little time-killing games in it. No Credit sales = No server(s) = No Politics and War = No Keno, Baseball, or Dice. Your statement, "I could care less" is obviously illogical.

You're really just feeling put out about the possibility of not being able to quietly spam free in-game cash anymore, right? After all, putting ads on the Baseball page doesn't correct the problem of large sums of money being spawned into the game out of thin air. You didn't address that problem at all. The quantities involved amount to something akin to a 'legitimate exploit'. $13 billion in one case?! Over a period of, say, 5 years, that's over $7 million a day profit! That's ridiculous!

What you call "idiot wallet warriors" are the reason Politics and War (or almost ANY game!) exists. Non-paying players ALWAYS ride free, but only on the coattails of Wallet Warriors. Somebody is ALWAYS buying something one way or another with REAL money to keep games going. You can call the headquarters of the NFL, NHL, NBA, or PM Alex to confirm that. In this case, Credit purchases need to be the only 'legitimate exploit'. It's not Pay-to-Win, but Pay-for-Less-Grind-Time. Your opinion of Wallet Warriors is unrealistic and irrelevant.

It's the real world, so face facts: In the end, it's all about the money. Get that, Einstein?

Without the "free riders" you wouldn't have a game either.

I solemnly swear Lord of Darkness is up to no good.

The last four pages of this have been really painful to read

Anyone here advocating removing/nerfing baseball, or think its too strong, go ahead and try to play it for one full hour straight and tell me how much money you made. Odds are, you won't be able to do it for more than 10 minutes. Like I've said about five times, if Alex stops ignoring the reports of people cheating in baseball, the entire problem goes away because the entire top of that list is gone. Even hardcore players have made like 200 mil over the course of years, you can raid that in two days. Baseball money is legit irrelevant (if we remove obvious cheaters like Galerion who's at 13 bil from the list). How likely do you think it is that one guy played more legitimate baseball than Who Me, who's been playing at least an hour a day for five years? If you remove them two from the list the most anyone's ever made is 4 bil in the span of five years, which starts to be a lot less ridiculous, especially considering a lot of that could've been pre-nerfed baseball (remember, baseball got nerfed years ago so we have no idea how that's contaminating these stats)

Edit: Note I've literally never seen anyone make 7 mil in 15 minutes so that TKR guy is high off his ass (and has also never played baseball)

Edited by JasperFrost
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just to be accurate, it's 3 and 3/4 years and probably 6+ hours a day. I'm old and retired so I have the time to sit here and play baseball as much as I wish and I have still only made a little over $10 billion, that's less than $8 million per day so it's really nor all that much all things considered.

Edited by Who Me
  • Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, JasperFrost said:

Anyone here advocating removing/nerfing baseball, or think its too strong, go ahead and try to play it for one full hour straight and tell me how much money you made. Odds are, you won't be able to do it for more than 10 minutes. Like I've said about five times, if Alex stops ignoring the reports of people cheating in baseball, the entire problem goes away because the entire top of that list is gone. Even hardcore players have made like 200 mil over the course of years, you can raid that in two days. Baseball money is legit irrelevant (if we remove obvious cheaters like Galerion who's at 13 bil from the list). How likely do you think it is that one guy played more legitimate baseball than Who Me, who's been playing at least an hour a day for five years? If you remove them two from the list the most anyone's ever made is 4 bil in the span of five years, which starts to be a lot less ridiculous, especially considering a lot of that could've been pre-nerfed baseball (remember, baseball got nerfed years ago so we have no idea how that's contaminating these stats)

Galerion has just been playing a really long time as well, so can’t judge it just on that. 

1 minute ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Galerion has just been playing a really long time as well, so can’t judge it just on that. 

Everyone that plays baseball knows he's cheating, Alex just ignores literally everything sent to his DMs until it stacks to the ceiling

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, JasperFrost said:

Everyone that plays baseball knows he's cheating, Alex just ignores literally everything sent to his DMs until it stacks to the ceiling

Him & Who Me were the most common I’d randomly end up playing when first doing baseball. I never got the impression he was cheating though.

42 minutes ago, JasperFrost said:

I don't know what your problem is but you've tried to tar me with this a few times now. Who Me, Joe Baker and me had the most games played for a long time, only relatively recently have others like yourself significantly caught up. Now the reason you have caught up is because aways are faster than hosting but aways hide your true figure on that list, you've played 882303 games which is more than me. Now if you are always playing (lets say) 4 people and for easy math lets say they generate 10mil each, they then tip you 30% that means they got 7mil each and you got 12mil. So knowing you've played more games than me what  might your true figure be? you embargo anyone who doesn't tip you so you won't have given out that much for free.

I work from home and am at my pc most of the day not that I should have to justify my play time to you. I can just barely use the api key to import info into google sheets and wouldn't have a clue where to start on automating baseball, the only thing I'm using to play baseball is a gaming mouse with forward and back buttons.

Edited by Galerion

2 minutes ago, JasperFrost said:

I play aways for new players. Most of them do not tip. My team is 1,365 days old. The vast majority of the time there are like 1 or 2 people available to play, its rare to get more than that.

You may have a old nation but you have only relatively recently climbed into the top 5 for total matches, you weren't up there last year. As for how many people you play at a time all I can say is whenever I bother to check there are always 3-5 people hosting whenever someone is spamming aways.

Aways are super inflating if a lot of people are playing, especially if there are new players in there. Someone with a new team playing increases the game count and number of clicks without doing anything else, neither player makes any money (if anyone reading this doesn't believe me go ahead and try it, enjoy your $200)

• Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Broke said:

why, tho……..
if they made their money from clicking all-day, then they earned it!

Its not our problem that they have no life.

It’s an obvious broken/imbalanced mechanic.

47 minutes ago, JasperFrost said:

Hello everyone! Please take a look at this thread, upvote it, and get rid of the guy who botted to make 13 billion dollars

There’s captcha.  You also don’t want to rework the source of the issue.

People script all the time.  Should we ban them all?  Whether they’re pulling stats, etc?

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

It’s an obvious broken/imbalanced mechanic.

There’s captcha.  You also don’t want to rework the source of the issue.

People script all the time.  Should we ban them all?  Whether they’re pulling stats, etc?

Are you equating terms of service violating blatant cheating... to the stats tracker?

• Downvote 1

I don't know anything about scripts, and personally I think if someone clicks up 100mil/day then they must lead a very sad life.  Anyways, as for my 2c worth, I reckon just leave baseball the way it is for most of the positive reasons already mentioned.

Edited by Etatsorp
for clarity of meaning

Celer Et Audax

What’s wrong with people earning billions? If they are willing to put in the effort then they desire what they get. They don’t need people like you coming in and ruining their choice of lifestyle just because you aren’t willing to put in their level of effort. Smh. 
Alex. Just add more ads to the pages, it will slow them down a bit due to load time, and it will create more revenue for you to run this game so you don’t have to keep artificially increasing the worth of credits and advertising subscriptions. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Gudea said:

to start off, Alex opened this because he was "tipped off" by a player that is unhappy to be on the losing side of a war as well as mad because players are utilizing an in game system to fight on even when blockaded . If that is not true that the player below is a liar.

On 10/3/2019 at 4:44 PM, Potpie99 said:

@Marlboro lalo which is exactly why I reported it to alex and why alex made this post

one of the main gripes i have seen is that its not fair we can do baseball while blockaded. in the beginning we would be wiped out a few days into a war because we would have no way to fight back, the alliance that attacks first won. my first 3 wars in PaW were like that. hence the insta-win. our enemies want nothing to stop them from rolling others in as little time as possible and baseball gives us a fighting chance even when blockaded

thricely, i play PaW because the NPO plays. i am where my community is and right now thats here. and just like Nation States and Cyber Nations there will come a time when this game folds up and we will move on to the next one, so yeah...i dont care about it because Pacifica and my time with them is what really matters. that is logical

now we come to the super spicy bit....so your big issue is a player like me making a few million a day clicking on baseball for a couple hours right. so it should be removed to balance the game out yes? and according to some cities bought with the funds removed. well...by that same token players found duping trades need to be deleted. any alliance receiving duped goods or cash needs to either be deleted or have their bank accounts zeroed out. because while we do as you say make money by spending our time to click we do not generate mass amounts of new resources and tens of millions in cash in fraudulent trades. we also do not use this exploit to instantly beige targets one after another which generates more illicitly produced gains.

so credits need to be the only legit exploit huh? i have an issue with any game leaving in an exploit that only a special few can utilize. add in paid adverts and he can generate all the income he needs. unlike the pay to win crowd baseball is open to anyone and if the whales dont like thats just tough. i couldnt care less if you agree or not

finally, this isnt the real world Brainiac. this is a forum for a crappy browser game where a bunch of faceless keyboard warriors are !@#$ing about shit that at the end of the day doesnt matter a bit. @Alex can fix issues that really matter or focus on trivial crap to try and peddle his worthless ingame money. either way i have wasted more than enough time reading the ignorant garbage you and others have spewed into the ether of cyberspace. besides...i could be playing baseball. that next 100 million isnt going to poof itself into existence with zero effort right?

• Upvote 1

I think it’d be an improvement if people could set an auto tip amount; then people playing away games can set the minimum tip they’ll play for.

So someone playing for 10%-30%, might be a lot more games than some who wants 50%. With the 50% maybe making sense if they’re just playing with one person.

Do think maybe 1-2 second delay could maybe be added between games alongside the improvement, which would actually have a big difference compare to spamming them many with a second. Although might be be worth it for the convenience of autotipping.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum