Nerf Baseball Earnings

Alex

You could make that argument about many things. Like Forum posting. 

I've met a number of people who I would never have interacted with otherwise via baseball. I'm not on the top list posted here but I think it's a good opportunity to kill time and make a modest sum when looked at as a per day average.

If you're going to change things you could make the investment portion change. Every x games you need stadium maintenance. Or every x days. 

But it's not super game changing or providing an unfair advantage that isn't available to anyone else. 

On the other hand, we've got a large thread about this tiny issue that affects few people while there's a literal game breaking bug that to my knowledge still isn't fixed. Baseball works exactly as it was designed. War currently isn't. Bigger fish to fry here. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, Severisen said:

You could make that argument about many things. Like Forum posting. 

I've met a number of people who I would never have interacted with otherwise via baseball. I'm not on the top list posted here but I think it's a good opportunity to kill time and make a modest sum when looked at as a per day average.

If you're going to change things you could make the investment portion change. Every x games you need stadium maintenance. Or every x days. 

But it's not super game changing or providing an unfair advantage that isn't available to anyone else. 

On the other hand, we've got a large thread about this tiny issue that affects few people while there's a literal game breaking bug that to my knowledge still isn't fixed. Baseball works exactly as it was designed. War currently isn't. Bigger fish to fry here. 

You can also meet people by just, like, not sitting in the bubble of your own alliance. That's how i do it, works great.

Not providing any benefit, provided everyone else is also willing to spend hours a day clicking a button. Or collaborating between multiple alliances including one of nearly 1000 nations to spawn in hundreds of millions to billions that would otherwise not exist! Especially disconcerting when that 1000 man alliance is supposedly, primarily, just a verification system for some entirely different website. 

If it affects relatively few people why is there 9 pages of people complaining, aside it from being an Alex thread? Congratulations, you played yourself.

"Baseball works exactly as intended" no, it doesn't, which anybody with a lexile of 47 could've figured out by reading the admin who programmed himself saying "Yeah this isn't what was intended in its design". Indeed, massive groups of people were not intended to mass spawn money into the game with it. Which is frankly a bigger concern than Who me making 10b over nearly 5 years from it.

@Alex If you're gonna go on about baseball, pay more attention to the more recent who and how is playing it over individuals like Who Me. When you have large member alliances like NPO and GPWC and the still decently sized GOONS and others all running games off of each other for hours every day you're easily talking in the billions generated each day. Dunno bout you but to me that seems the like real headline of unintended consequences, and there ain't no way anybody else could even compete with that if they tried, not with that huge group. 
Ya basically coded in a money generating exploit, lol. Well, intentionally this time.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

7 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

You can also meet people by just, like, not sitting in the bubble of your own alliance. That's how i do it, works great.

Not providing any benefit, provided everyone else is also willing to spend hours a day clicking a button. Or collaborating between multiple alliances including one of nearly 1000 nations to spawn in hundreds of millions to billions that would otherwise not exist! Especially disconcerting when that 1000 man alliance is supposedly, primarily, just a verification system for some entirely different website. 

If it affects relatively few people why is there 9 pages of people complaining, aside it from being an Alex thread? Congratulations, you played yourself.

"Baseball works exactly as intended" no, it doesn't, which anybody with a lexile of 47 could've figured out by reading the admin who programmed himself saying "Yeah this isn't what was intended in its design". Indeed, massive groups of people were not intended to mass spawn money into the game with it. Which is frankly a bigger concern than Who me making 10b over nearly 5 years from it.

@Alex If you're gonna go on about baseball, pay more attention to the more recent who and how is playing it over individuals like Who Me. When you have large member alliances like NPO and GPWC and the still decently sized GOONS and others all running games off of each other for hours every day you're easily talking in the billions generated each day. Dunno bout you but to me that seems the like real headline of unintended consequences, and there ain't no way anybody else could even compete with that if they tried, not with that huge group. 
Ya basically coded in a money generating exploit, lol. Well, intentionally this time.

Since Goons embargoed right away, don’t know how they play. NPO & GPWC seem to play normal, having different people play away games at different times.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum
  • Like 1

Yeah I think Alex noticed many new players so he's worried by how much money are generated with baseball

Keno/Dice are different because even if someone hits the jackpot on average more money are cancelled from the game, baseball always creates new money

9 minutes ago, Micchan said:

Yeah I think Alex noticed many new players so he's worried by how much money are generated with baseball

Keno/Dice are different because even if someone hits the jackpot on average more money are cancelled from the game, baseball always creates new money

Yep all those new players who have found baseball an enjoyable part of the game for whatever reasons. Let's bomb retention  

It's only 2%, probably rounded up too, of the whole cash circulating in game. Not sure whether Alex calculated the cash value of resources in that either. Most of the cash made gets blown up in war via military units or to pay bills. You look at people like Elijah who's hit the jackpot more than once. Got over 5 billion, he invested in Cities and now doesn't need to gamble because he makes a big sum per day. Everyone is taking the figures in that list at face value rather than seeing it in context. Out of those figures you have tips, expenditure on bills, military, resources, cities etc. It really is a miniscule figure in comparison to making cash any other way. 

Edited by Tiberius
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

As a member of NPO all I see is toxicity against us. Why would I want to get to know you. If you post on the forums you are representing your alliances. Through baseball we have found a common interest outside of politics, that has fostered camaraderie between people I'd never meet otherwise. 

Just like planes weren't an issue until a larger alliance used them as a strategy. If players using game mechanics is an exploit then Alex needs to delete the game. Baseball was always intended as a money making game, otherwise it would have been designed to generate 0 $.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

@Alex Baseball is unbalanced. This is all you need to concern yourself with. You've changed/removed/added things to balance the game, much to the community's displeasure, before and you'll likely do it again.

Edited by ArcKnox
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Praise Dio. Every !@#$ing day.

1 minute ago, ArcKnox said:

@Alex Baseball is unbalanced. This is all you need to concern yourself with. You've changed/removed/added things to balance the game, much to the community's displeasure before, and you'll likely do it again.

Just because of the war it’s easier now, was always negative profit before it began. So usually it’s a lot harder and time consuming.

24 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

When someone/alliances puts in the time and effort to develop strategies, make money etc then those opposed to those people/alliances will always try to remove that advantage, simply because they lack the effort/time to do so. Opposition to baseball is only there because people don't want certain groups to have an advantage over them. One day we will simply just have politics and War and there will be a handful of people actually playing the game where the majority will only turn up for war. I'm a perfect example of that. In peace time I log in daily for the bonus, play some baseball when I feel like it and log off, there is nothing else in the game that interests me apart from war. 

Just like a certain other game ?

Baseball is what makes pnw great for me -- and, I'm sure, for many others. Instead of nerfing it, why not make it more enjoyable by adding leagues, a good tipping system, and the plethora of things suggested by jasper and others -- so that others can also enjoy it?

Just because some people don't want to put in the effort to use a particular mechanic, doesn't mean it should be removed. I don't use trading much because I think clicking buy sell and then creating and updating offers is annoying. Does that mean trading should be removed because some 'no life' people are monitoring and trading the whole day?

It's an open system, you put in the time, you get rewarded. Even in this thread you have people from multiple spheres advocating for it. It's perfectly balanced as it is. Why remove something that makes people addicted to your game?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Micchan said:

How much you make with a single game with a maxed team?

It’s worth the investment for war (Why I invested in it initially; figured it’d be worth it for cash while blockaded)

Although normally not many people play unless you log on at good time for it. Only really worthwhile if you can spam host them as well, so already it’s hard to make good money usually unless coordinated. Usually people don’t coordinate to spend a few hours playing baseball during peace either; although can still be profitable.

Although I’d rather have my players & stadium refunded than waste time with a nerfed version.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Micchan said:

If there are people playing 10k games a day or even 1k you sould put a limit for their own good

you are an idiot. who are you to tell me how much time i should spend doing things? and who are these imaginary people playing 10k games a day? i cant even manage 2000 games in a day...i tried last night and managed 1250 in 4 hours and that took a great effort i usually cant stand to do it for more than a few hundred in a day. why dont you guys stop trying to blow smoke up @Alex's ass and just admit that this is nothing more than a witch hunt to try and stick it to NPO and our allies in any way you can because you cant get it done on the battlefield

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Marlboro lalo said:

Just like a certain other game ?

Baseball is what makes pnw great for me -- and, I'm sure, for many others. Instead of nerfing it, why not make it more enjoyable by adding leagues, a good tipping system, and the plethora of things suggested by jasper and others -- so that others can also enjoy it?

Just because some people don't want to put in the effort to use a particular mechanic, doesn't mean it should be removed. I don't use trading much because I think clicking buy sell and then creating and updating offers is annoying. Does that mean trading should be removed because some 'no life' people are monitoring and trading the whole day?

It's an open system, you put in the time, you get rewarded. Even in this thread you have people from multiple spheres advocating for it. It's perfectly balanced as it is. Why remove something that makes people addicted to your game?

Make it less click intensive and I honestly don't care. I don't have to sit here trying to goad my members into clicking a button on this game instead of playing something more enjoyable like EU4 or spending time with their families while entire massive alliances just run factory shifts generating money on a scale nobody else can realistically match.

Let me just send an everyone ping now so they know school is less important than PW baseball or you can't be competitive anymore, lol.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Make it less click intensive and I honestly don't care. I don't have to sit here trying to goad my members into clicking a button on this game instead of playing something more enjoyable like EU4 or spending time with their families while entire massive alliances just run factory shifts generating money on a scale nobody else can realistically match.

Let me just send an everyone ping now so they know school is less important than PW baseball or you can't be competitive anymore, lol.

You want to punish people for playing the game, and that's honestly disappointing. Current baseball rewards players fairly based on the effort they have to expend to play it. All games work like that. You play it more, you earn more. That's fair. What's not fair is asking a feature to be nixed because you don't want to put in the effort to be better. As seen in this thread or on any baseball server, NPO is not the only one playing it. There are players from almost every alliance in every sphere. I asked my alliance members to play it (both in Syndicate and in Church of atom), some did because they had the time, and some didn't, because they didn't think the rewards were worth the effort. That's a blatant sign that a feature is balanced. I personally play it while watching movies. It isn't hard. Just use a mobile, and swipe down to refresh. You can do it while relaxing, or when you have nothing else to do.

And seriously, who are you to tell us what is more enjoyable? I play eu4, I play age of empires, I play tanki online in my free time. I still like baseball more, for some stupid reason. But that stupid reason is none of your concern. You enjoy posting on the forums, you do that; you enjoy trading, you do that; you enjoy spending time with your family, you do that. Playing baseball and doing these things is not mutually exclusive. It's just that you prioritise different things. That is no reason to nerf or remove baseball. If you can't be bothered to put in the effort that you know will give you the rewards, it's on you; not NPO or any other baseball player.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Marlboro lalo said:

You want to punish people for playing the game, and that's honestly disappointing.

A punishment would be something like removing your earnings so far and perhaps even removing cities etc bought with baseball money. That would be a terrible idea, nobody should be punished and have their time spent so far go to waste. The removal or nerf of this feature is not a punishment per se, as long as Alex also refunds the money spent on stadium and team.

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

7 minutes ago, Marlboro lalo said:

You want to punish people for playing the game, and that's honestly disappointing. Current baseball rewards players fairly based on the effort they have to expend to play it. All games work like that. You play it more, you earn more. That's fair. What's not fair is asking a feature to be nixed because you don't want to put in the effort to be better. As seen in this thread or on any baseball server, NPO is not the only one playing it. There are players from almost every alliance in every sphere. I asked my alliance members to play it (both in Syndicate and in Church of atom), some did because they had the time, and some didn't, because they didn't think the rewards were worth the effort. That's a blatant sign that a feature is balanced. I personally play it while watching movies. It isn't hard. Just use a mobile, and swipe down to refresh. You can do it while relaxing, or when you have nothing else to do.

And seriously, who are you to tell us what is more enjoyable? I play eu4, I play age of empires, I play tanki online in my free time. I still like baseball more, for some stupid reason. But that stupid reason is none of your concern. You enjoy posting on the forums, you do that; you enjoy trading, you do that; you enjoy spending time with your family, you do that. Playing baseball and doing these things is not mutually exclusive. It's just that you prioritise different things. That is no reason to nerf or remove baseball. If you can't be bothered to put in the effort that you know will give you the rewards, it's on you; not NPO or any other baseball player.

How is it a punishment to make this crappy time wasting minigane you care about more accessible to people who'd prefer not to spend 30+minute straight concentrating on the same screen clicking the same button?

I'll bother reading the rest of that crap when you start paying attention and stop opposing any change at all because it departs from the status quo.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5