Nerf Baseball Earnings

Alex

16 minutes ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

Credits only give $150m per month for donating irl money to keep the servers online / voluntarily pay alex for his work.

According to some in this thread, $150m is a drop in the bucket because it can't pay for city 40 by itself. Why are we talking about credits in the baseball thread again?

Credits came about because people were saying about creating money/resources out of nothing as a basis to nerf baseball. Which is exactly what credits do. You can also sell those credits on the Market for 26mil a pop. If you sell all 10 that's 260mil. Which means even the Market isn't insulated from money/resources created from nothing. In other words someone selling credits on the Market for 2 months can earn more than I've earned in my whole time playing Baseball over the last 2 years. Likewise people are complaining that baseball is a way around blockades, which again you can do with credits.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Credits came about because people were saying about creating money/resources out of nothing as a basis to nerf baseball. Which is exactly what credits do. You can also sell those credits on the Market for 26mil a pop. If you sell all 10 that's 260mil. Which means even the Market isn't insulated from money/resources created from nothing. In other words someone selling credits on the Market for 2 months can earn more than I've earned in my whole time playing Baseball over the last 2 years. Likewise people are complaining that baseball is a way around blockades, which again you can do with credits.

tbh if Alex wants to nerf credits I'm ok with that too :P 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I must say I don't really understand the idea to nerf this from Alex's point of view. If people are really running 100k games / day you could realistically speaking run the server of the advertising views just on the baseball page. Just stick a giant advert on there, you're easily looking at $30 - 100 / day of ad revenue on that page alone if you set it up right. Bonus point is that the adverts would slow down the page load making it slightly more difficult to run this many games, so it's honestly a win-win situation...

The issue people seem to be having with this system is that it rewards invested time, but the same counts with other game aspects. For example, when are you going to address the issue of the disadvantage to people living in Europe? We have to stay up until 2 AM to be able to run double buy attacks. I'm currently at home in between jobs so I can make use of it, but it's a serious disadvantage to others.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I solemnly swear Lord of Darkness is up to no good.

Holy crap, all this time I thought baseball was all senseless clicking for pittance soldier money, thank you Alex for showing me that baseball can actually be profitable.

You are the best admin, showing us tips and tricks and being super nice and totally not going to hurt baseball. uwu

P.S. pls no harm baseball

7 hours ago, Buorhann said:

ROFL, if you are seriously making that argument, you got some issues.

Doesn't matter if I make that $2mil in 5mins or in an hour, it's still more than a turn tick for most nations.

Who the hell came up with tipping?  Why is that even part of the argument?

Tipping came about because like everything else sheepy does with this game he is an idiot. The way he has it set up the home team wins all the money generated by ticket sales. The away team only gets paid if they win the game. Now that wouldn't quite so bad but the winner of the game only gets a maximum of around $700 while the home team can win up to around $25K. So to be more efficient players came up with ways to play more games. First people started playing for a set amount of time with the players alternating playing home or away games. That proved to be a bit unfair as not all people play at the same speed for various reasons. From there we went to a set number of games with the players alternating playing home or away games. This was better but could still be unfair due to different player levels and sheepy's RNG. So then we came up with one player plying all away games and the people playing all home games sending that player a percentage of their winnings as a tip for their effort in playing all the away games. At this point in time this is the most efficient way to play baseball.

7 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Edited by Who Me

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Then spam credits if you think credit and baseball is same thing.

• Downvote 3

Baseball with its sunk costs and repetitive cow-clicker mechanics is a means of player retention. I can support limiting baseball to a certain "sane" number of games per day, then decreasing baseball earnings as populations get baseball fatigue. But killing baseball altogether is a bad idea.

24 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

To prove your stupidity, please quote me saying that I think Baseball and Credits are the same thing....

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Likewise people are complaining that baseball is a way around blockades, which again you can do with credits.

1 hour ago, Limbuwan said:

On 10/3/2019 at 3:10 PM, JasperFrost said:

I think the ideal solution is to flesh out the baseball feature in the game like most people have wanted for years. My baseball team is like 4 years old or something and the mechanics have never changed since release. Specifically, implementing leagues where teams can be invited and people can have meaningful interaction when playing games rather than anonymous clicking through "8 away games" without talking to anyone

Yea if anyone's gonna try to bring in the "baseball has a meaningful community" side
then you shouldn't be pushing against this
you should be pushing to try to make baseball in itself more personal and individualized

making it less of a spam thing and more of a personal thing would increase the community and probably the amount of people who would play it

forumsig.png

Find it funny so many older players were never able to figure out how to use baseball to their benefit, then when newer players figure out how to play better quickly using features available to all; they want baseball banned rather than use it themselves.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Hughes said:

Yea if anyone's gonna try to bring in the "baseball has a meaningful community" side
then you shouldn't be pushing against this
you should be pushing to try to make baseball in itself more personal and individualized

making it less of a spam thing and more of a personal thing would increase the community and probably the amount of people who would play it

The thing is, I know Sheepy won't do this because he barely works on the game as it is, so leaving it alone is just most feasible. If he wanted to put the work in that'd be ideal but...

11 minutes ago, JasperFrost said:

The thing is, I know Sheepy won't do this because he barely works on the game as it is, so leaving it alone is just most feasible. If he wanted to put the work in that'd be ideal but...

Considering this came not long after I told Akuryo it’s called Baseball when he assumed I was pointlessly destroying improvements to get cash; he probably got complaints about baseball & wants to act like he cares. Although ultimately those who want to nerf/ban baseball are in such a minority; doubt he’ll get rid of it.

• Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Considering this came not long after I told Akuryo it’s called Baseball when he assumed I was pointlessly destroying improvements to get cash; he probably got complaints about baseball & wants to act like he cares. Although ultimately those who want to nerf/ban baseball are in such a minority; doubt he’ll get rid of it.

Destroying improvements is what normal people with lives and egos not the size of Alaska do. Just saying.

• Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Destroying improvements is what normal people with lives and egos not the size of Alaska do. Just saying.

Actually only those lacking knowledge who don’t know just playing some baseball can pay those bills as well, not a huge time commitment when not trying to save a fortune. :P

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, JasperFrost said:

it seems to be like that for a lot of proposed changes ?

forumsig.png

"Don't give what is holy to dogs, for they might throw them upon the manure pile. Don't throw pearls [to] pigs, or they might ... it [...]."

Forgot one of the most basic rules, not to share knowledge with those unworthy of it. No wonder Akuryo's alliance was one of the first to surrender on their side; thought selling improvements for a tiny amount of cash was the only way to get money once depleted. Should have let him keep thinking that forever. XD

11 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Actually only those lacking knowledge who don’t know just playing some baseball can pay those bills as well, not a huge time commitment when not trying to save a fortune. :P

"Those lacking knowledge..."
I mean, it's why Fraggle has improvements. You know that right? Nuke turret supreme does it. You're the one lacking basic education and boy does it show.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

"Those lacking knowledge..."
I mean, it's why Fraggle has improvements. You know that right? Nuke turret supreme does it. You're the one lacking basic education and boy does it show.

Don't see how Fraggle's improvement situation is even relevant; when she doesn't even war & nation built for a completely different purpose.