Nerf Baseball Earnings

Alex

4 minutes ago, Flanderlion said:

I think there a kinda more pressing issues than trying to stop people playing baseball. If anything, baseball should be improved, by the game sharing part of the home teams revenue with the away team.

Setting it to auto tip 30% would be nice.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Setting it to auto tip 30% would be nice.

i like that idea. make it into a stadium upgrade like searing. call it Marketing, it adds a small amount of profit to each game...say a max of 30k with the upgrade and sends 33% to away team. make it automatic, no clicking any option. this allows a home team to make a max of 20k and the away to make a max 10k. add in league play and you have what you intended. a fun distraction for players to spend time in while waiting on turns to pass.

i keep seeing these BS comments that those of us playing baseball are pulling money out of thin air and you dont like it because we didnt raid or trade for it and therefore dont deserve it. im number 22 on that list Alex posted and ive been playing nearly 2 years. its a mind numbing slog that gave me a chance to earn something if i put some time and effort into it. just because you dont have the testicular fortitude to do the same dont take it out on us. the only reason this is being discussed is because a few butt hurt individuals are mad because things arent going their way. just shut up and try and lose this war with some dignity

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Mostly I invested in Baseball to begin with so I could get cash while blockaded during war; although sometimes during peace it can still be profitble. However getting rid of baseball could have a big impact on how many players keep playing during these global wars after blockaded; with it pretty easy to loot the last of somebodies cash on hand as soon as they're not winning on the ground. So with all these global wars going and people talking about losing players, imagine how many more would drop if suddenly they can't do baseball anymore?

• Upvote 1

baseball should honestly just be removed, much like keno, where at least its very hit or miss. i honestly dont believe players should be out-paced financially by a guy willing to click 10 000 times in a day. this game is about buying troops and forging alliances. it is not a clicker game

Edited by what is property?
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Throw me to the wolves and I’ll return leading the pack.

11 minutes ago, what is property? said:

baseball should honestly just be removed, much like keno, where at least its very hit or miss. i honestly dont believe players should be out-paced financially by a guy willing to click 10 000 times in a day. this game is about buying troops and forging alliances. it is not a clicker game

If Baseball is removed; people should at least be able to attack with what they have even if they didn't pay their bills last round.

(Although I would expect messing up Baseball to have a far bigger impact on the retention rate of those who contribute to the war side of the game; over those who just nation build.)

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, what is property? said:

i honestly dont think players should be out-paced financially by a guy willing to pay $40 a month so he can get everything now. i also dont think alliances should be able to play shell games with their alliance banks so they cant be touched by raiders while able to tap into them whenever they like. alliance banks need to be locked to the alliances they belong to and have their daily transfers limited. breaching an alliances bank should be harmful to that alliance. after all, this isnt an investment sim its a war game

3 minutes ago, Epi said:

Me and Gorge decided to try out baseball in light of the discussion. I made 7mil under blockade, half maxed my players in less than 16min. Despite Jasper embargoing me at 6mil. 

Gorge was much the same, made 5-6mil before getting embargoed and hanging up his bat. 

Look guys, goons-gpwc-npo have heavily invested in baseball recently. Click on their nations and check the stadiums/players, it's a legit growth plan lol. 

Not gonna lie, I'm tempted to rebuild Camelot this way if shiz is this easy. They can sacrifice 20min a day to rebuild themselves in less than 2 weeks.

There's a little bit of a vested interest and the new players of today are gonna be the pnw millionaires of 6 months from now. But ay, I'm fine with you not nerfing it. Gives me a passive way to make money whilst watching movies. 

Better to take advantage than complain over it imo. (Since the game is already skewed in favor of older nations who have saved a lot & can still do baseball)

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

11 minutes ago, Hassan said:

Remove baseball completely. The Roqbots will have no choice but to either deal with 100/100 taxes for life or leave NPO. 

you make it sound like the 100/100 system is somehow bad. we have been under it for nearly 4 years and we are doing just fine. baseball is just a fun bonus that apparently you dont like cause you dont have time or patients to put into it. if you dont play ball i really dont know what you are doing in this conversation as your opinion really carries no worth if you arent saying anything more than "baseball bad"

Edited by Necrosin
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

17 minutes ago, Necrosin said:

i honestly dont think players should be out-paced financially by a guy willing to pay $40 a month so he can get everything now. i also dont think alliances should be able to play shell games with their alliance banks so they cant be touched by raiders while able to tap into them whenever they like. alliance banks need to be locked to the alliances they belong to and have their daily transfers limited. breaching an alliances bank should be harmful to that alliance. after all, this isnt an investment sim its a war game

Perhaps you should ask your NPO bankers just how many transactions they do per day before you suggest limiting the number they can do per day.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I think the war system would need adjusting to go with it for the game to still be very playable while not on the winning side. Player going inactive is generally preferable to any individual surrenders.

Baseball is not meant to be part of the war system or to avoid bill lock by blockade. The war system does not need to change if baseball becomes a non valid income source.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Who Me said:

Perhaps you should ask your NPO bankers just how many transactions they do per day before you suggest limiting the number they can do per day.

why? does that matter if just like everyone else im complaining about aspects of the game i dont like? stopping alliances from hiding money or limiting them because i dont like it is no different than calling for baseball to be nerfed because you dont like that someone played 10k games in a day or has made a billion dollars doing something hard that you didnt want to bother with. difference is i never posted anything on the forum or bugged the devs to nerf what i didnt like. i just sucked it up and kept going

17 minutes ago, Necrosin said:

you make it sound like the 100/100 system is somehow bad. we have been under it for nearly 4 years and we are doing just fine. baseball is just a fun bonus that apparently you dont like cause you dont have time or patients to put into it. if you dont play ball i really dont know what you are doing in this conversation as your opinion really carries no worth if you arent saying anything more than "baseball bad"

All players of the game have a valid opinion on suggestions to change it. If anything I'd argue his counts more than somebody who logs in once a day to do airstrikes or told to build a city.

Still, even then, yours counts. Be sensible.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Akuryo said:

Baseball is not meant to be part of the war system or to avoid bill lock by blockade. The war system does not need to change if baseball becomes a non valid income source.

Only reason I invested in it initially; with it being tied financially to it. Think complaining about the war system not working for you is petty compare to adapting.

2 minutes ago, Necrosin said:

why? does that matter if just like everyone else im complaining about aspects of the game i dont like? stopping alliances from hiding money or limiting them because i dont like it is no different than calling for baseball to be nerfed because you dont like that someone played 10k games in a day or has made a billion dollars doing something hard that you didnt want to bother with. difference is i never posted anything on the forum or bugged the devs to nerf what i didnt like. i just sucked it up and kept going

Do try to think for just a minute. NPO runs a 100/100 command economy so anything your nation needs has to be sent to you from the bank. That is a lot of transactions per day. By limiting the number of bank transactions you would be forcing everyone to play the exact same way.

5 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

All players of the game have a valid opinion on suggestions to change it. If anything I'd argue his counts more than somebody who logs in once a day to do airstrikes or told to build a city.

Still, even then, yours counts. Be sensible.

well smart guy if you can explain how their opinion count more because they sit and stare at their pixels more than you assume i do than no one has more clout than those playing baseball for hours each day because they are logging more time on this crappy game than any of us

@Alex - There's plenty of players running scripts on Baseball, hence why it's generating so much cash.

53 minutes ago, Epi said:

Me and Gorge decided to try out baseball in light of the discussion. I made 7mil under blockade, half maxed my players in less than 16min. Despite Jasper embargoing me at 6mil. 

Gorge was much the same, made 5-6mil before getting embargoed and hanging up his bat. 

Look guys, goons-gpwc-npo have heavily invested in baseball recently. Click on their nations and check the stadiums/players, it's a legit growth plan lol. 

Not gonna lie, I'm tempted to rebuild Camelot this way if shiz is this easy. They can sacrifice 20min a day to rebuild themselves in less than 2 weeks.

There's a little bit of a vested interest and the new players of today are gonna be the pnw millionaires of 6 months from now. But ay, I'm fine with you not nerfing it. Gives me a passive way to make money whilst watching movies. 

Yeah, playing Baseball is stupid.  lol.

If I need cash to rebuild to max out my Soldiers for raiding, all I need to do is spend 5mins spamming Home games.  There's at least two NPO guys who's running constant Away games, so it's pretty easy to get that cash.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Who Me said:

Do try to think for just a minute. NPO runs a 100/100 command economy so anything your nation needs has to be sent to you from the bank. That is a lot of transactions per day. By limiting the number of bank transactions you would be forcing everyone to play the exact same way.

just because i dont like something is no reason to run out and cry till its changed. the reason i am here and making this argument is because it makes as much since as nerfing baseball because someone else doesnt like it or think it deserves to be here. the mechanic has been here all these years and only now that its being used is it a problem? only now is someone saying i dont think we need that. thats crap

4 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Alex - There's plenty of players running scripts on Baseball, hence why it's generating so much cash.

Yeah, playing Baseball is stupid.  lol.

If I need cash to rebuild to max out my Soldiers for raiding, all I need to do is spend 5mins spamming Home games.  There's at least two NPO guys who's running constant Away games, so it's pretty easy to get that cash.

Wasn’t until this war I finally was in the green on baseball with more people playing. While I don’t know if anyone has scripts, NPO does tend to play a lot of baseball during war making it more worthwhile. Although both sides can play ball, lol.

13 hours ago, Sunara said:

I agree. Baseball is as difficult as it is already. There is literally no way to earn more than 25k per host game as a limit for a full rating Player and we didn't get any incentives or rewards for that. Heck, did we even get an achievement award for playing baseball? 

I'm also one of the people that grown to love baseball by heart, and played it with my own pace. 

Why do you need to apologize btw? 

???

Baseball is no way as difficult as you claim it is.  You don't have to earn 25k per game, because it's pretty damn easy to hit F5 and refresh "Home" games.  That's all I do when I need quick cash.  5mins of spamming that and I can push up to $2mil.  There's quite a few players who's either scripting Away games or spamming Away games out there nowadays.

• Like 1