Nerf Baseball Earnings

Alex

33 minutes ago, Aesir said:

If someone wants to play baseball let them.  Removing a way some people enjoy the game isn't how you keep people playing.  And before someone says "well he isn't removing it" he is, he's just not willing to actually pull the plug fully because he's scared of backlash so instead he wants to pull the plug halfway.  Either leave the plug in or yank it out, leaving half way is just a fire hazard.

I actually fully agree with this post. 

But also, I have this satisfaction of watching a number (my $) increase from $0.  Like, $10,000,000  *or* 20,000,000 bucks per 10 SECONDS if that Aways guy is a slow non gamer (That's like 2-3 or 4 REFRESHES if you're on your Phone, which I was at times)  I was battling Cloaca all day, and had to deal with this annoyance (Good thing I was watching movies while doing that.)  So making that AWFULLY small, is not worth it for ME as a player. 

And then you have to TIP that person 50% of your earnings if he's only playing you, and 30% if he's playing like 10 people. Don't forget, the Aways player doesn't earn anything. 

That halves/reduces your real net income.  So factor that in.

Edited by Yuno
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Paradise said:

do people actually play this game just for baseball? There are better baseball simulations out there.

Many players enjoy making their money go up from $0. Also, the Baseball concept itself is pretty cool and could be roleplayed out too.  There are RP Sports for a reason. Though, I should probably find something "easy to  play" that can be multitasked that gives me a "reward" of some sort, but I haven't found anything else. Any ideas? 

Also, sorry  in advance to all my Baseball friends I met from this community (met from tons of other alliances) , when they see this thread

Edited by Yuno
  • Upvote 1

It seems most people think baseball is just fine the way it is, and @Alex should just leave it be, its hard work to make money - arduous, slow and repetitive and the reward is commensurate with the effort required.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Sunara said:

This is ridiculous. The script captcha is there to prevent cheating, and now when players don't cheat someone complains about it and now it becomes an issue even though it's hardwork of clicking? 

It's been unfair to players who went VM that the players still freaking age, I've suggested it to you a long time back, and now suggestion to limit the amts of play or reduce the amt to earn?! That's gone too far. 

And please, not everyone that plays baseball are from NPO. Some people played it way too early from the start. Baseball is the one thing I refused you to touch on and instead of focus on other important areas of the game! There are people like me who plays baseball by heart, and hard earned time on it, for the fun. Not everyone are playing 10,000 games a day. 

I said this because I invested baseball as slow as possible, doing it my slow way of reaching 100% rating, and having the fun to join the baseball community to interact with the other players. At some point, someone still does earn a billion for doing baseball, but someone also sacrificed for their time doing those earnings, and cutting it off is way too unfair for those who put their time on baseball through real efforts. 

Baseball is not intended to earn billion this way? What? Did it account that these figures are the hardwork of those who spent it 4 years straight on baseball and not just some cheaters to achieve it in means? Did it account the fact that players actually do tipping from the money they earned to the others who played their games as a fair share of trade? When most baseball players are doing according to fairly tip rules, you want to implement a limit of someone who loves to play baseball? 

This suggestion benefits heavily to those who hate baseball and find it a waste of time, clearly unfair to those who actually spend real time and effort on it. What's wrong with doing it with real effort? What's wrong with earning it by clicking? Even if it's 10,000 games per day?

^^^^ THIS omg. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Yuno said:

Many players enjoy making their money go up from $0. I should probably find something "easy to  play" that can be multitasked that gives me a "reward" of some sort, but I haven't found anything else. Any ideas? 

Also, sorry  in advance to all my Baseball friends I met from this community (met from tons of other alliances) , when they see this thread

I agree. Baseball is as difficult as it is already. There is literally no way to earn more than 25k per host game as a limit for a full rating Player and we didn't get any incentives or rewards for that. Heck, did we even get an achievement award for playing baseball? 

I'm also one of the people that grown to love baseball by heart, and played it with my own pace. 

Why do you need to apologize btw? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I do not understand why Alex wants to punish people for their hard-earned money. We, the players, are genuinely spending our real life time to play with our friends and earn some income (cuz not everyone trade and/or raid). I thought Alex wants people to play his game, no?

And I think Alex already nerfed the game. It is such a pain to play bb on mobile phone, captcha every time I switch tab to baseball. 

P/s: Baseball is the only reason why I'm playing this game.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Baseball is time investment and the people that play it should also get something in return. Imo it is fine as it is. If people put in multiple hours they also deserve to get a reward for that. Also it shoudn't be forgotten that around 30%-50% of the earning will be tipped the away player so he also gain something for his work, you don't get the full payment out of it. Just let BB be as it is

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kyuu said:

I do not understand why Alex wants to punish people for their hard-earned money. We, the players, are genuinely spending our real life time to play with our friends and earn some income (cuz not everyone trade and/or raid). I thought Alex wants people to play his game, no?

And I think Alex already nerfed the game. It is such a pain to play bb on mobile phone, captcha every time I switch tab to baseball. 

P/s: Baseball is the only reason why I'm playing this game.

there is no punishment at all. you keep everything you have earned and a suggested part of the solution may very well be to refund all costs that went into upgrading stadium and team. certainly nobody is asking alex to remove your earnings.

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

@Alex I'd rather have you deal with that attack bug (or whatever you called it) first, it's more game breaking and need more attention than some cash generator like baseball.and old player has been seen using it to bully some newbie. here's one example of impossible (naval) attack in one go THAT YOU SHOULD FIX FIRST before complaining on how people generate $ without using any BOT/cheating

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=515429 

sure, people made $ playing it, but don't forget that baseball need an investment of around 40m to max the rating to 100. with raising a new player back to 100 rating takes around 2m if you choose to nerf baseball, is it fair for us who invested that in-game money and then our time to get nerf even though there's clearly other aspect in this game where people are CLEARLY CHEATING/EXPLOITING BUGS

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

Considering how many people seem to be botting it without any recourse I don't see an issue in a nerf since I assume you won't be moderating it instead.

I'm pretty sure lots of people have reported the botters and nothing happened, but now months later the same botters have 13 bil made from it and he wants to nerf the system instead of banning like two people lmao

• Like 1

I think that lowering the profit per game is actually a bad fix. The money it currently generates per game may be slightly too high but not by a lot. The problem with baseball as I see it isnt that it generates too much money per click, but the fact that people can do this for hours when the game is really a turn-based thing and imo should be playable as such without earning 100 times less than baseball players. It's an issue of balancing and also game-design.

Also, I wanna bring up a different approach to fix the issue that I'm not necessarily in favor of but that I think is at least worth mentioning:

Don't nerf the payout per game but buff it and instead make it like a you can only play 1 game every 10 minutes thing. Like lets say just to bring the concept across you can only play 1 game in 10 minutes but you earn $10m from that single game, its basically the same income that it currently generates but its something you dont need to dedicate hours into and something that botting would be useless at because every human can easily click a button every 10 minutes if they are online. Essentially it would reward checking the game out every once in a while.

I'm not actually in favor of having $10m be the number and think it should be way way way way lower, but the point is there is ways to keep it equivalent to what it is now, but makes it less of a scripting and waste your life issue.

Edited by Dryad
  • Like 1

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

34 minutes ago, Who Me said:

Yes I have made over $10 billion playing baseball but it has taken me 1,340 Days to do so, that is around $7,536,398 per day. People can easily make more than that in a single trade.

What kind of trade are you talking about? Like arbitrage or selling your resources? 

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

image.png.59f1df3a68f3ef47693f13e99f8c4fe1.png

Look at it this way:

17 people in the history of the game, in 5 years, have made more than 500m from baseball. How many people have looted more than 500m? Like 50 times that many people, a lot of them re-rolls because people have realized how broken it is shaking down noobs for their lunch money. Arrgh and raiding in general have discouraged a lot of people from playing the game, while in comparison a lot of communities have been brought together because of baseball

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Potpie99 said:

@Who Me my suggestion for a soft cap of 500 games a day makes around 12 million, which seems to line up with even some of the most hardcore players but prevents *ahem* a nation from doing 36k games in 3 days

Do you know how much time will be needed to play 12k games a day for even the most hard core player? Considering 100 games per minute (and that is a really really high number, mind you; most people do 50-60 at most), they'll have to play for 12k/(100x6)= 20 freaking hours

20 hours!!!! If someone is playing for that long continuously, they shouldn't be stopped, they should be given a fricking world record and a donation for a hand surgery. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

What kind of trade are you talking about? Like arbitrage or selling your resources? 

Why is it Ok for people to make billions when trading but not OK when playing baseball? It take's far longer to make playing baseball.

10 minutes ago, Potpie99 said:

@Who Me my suggestion for a soft cap of 500 games a day makes around 12 million, which seems to line up with even some of the most hardcore players but prevents *ahem* a nation from doing 36k games in 3 days

So it is OK to punish the many for the crimes of the few? Also, if you are OK limiting the number of games for baseball are you also OK with limiting the number and size of trades per player per day?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

I made more from trading in a month than I have from baseball and I've played baseball for nearly 2 years. I just prefer baseball as it's nore social.

Completely agree with @JasperFrost

It took me hard and effort in baseball for that, yet easily for raiders to raid as they please. Don't forget playing baseball has styles too. I literally had played alternate games switching fro host and away, and that requires more time to earn fast cash than just spamming one side. And you want to nerf it just because a few people managed to earn that much? Instead of looking into raiders that discouraged a lot of players, you want to discourage dedicated players in baseball with hard effort.

And don't forget that money earned from baseball can easily get raided by raiders as well, even if they spend it on something else such as warchest. Hard earned money getting raided is already disappointing, and you want to cut down hard earned money from baseball and not cut down on hard earned money from trades which the market prices going up and down and not fix, where else baseball is fixed on 25k per game max? Baseball players spent more time and effort than traders and you think that's actually a more concern? 

I'm all the way to saying no changes to be made on baseball, unless you do something to the other area aspects as what Who Me has suggested. Fix the other parts of the bigger problems first. 

Edited by Sunara
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1