Nerf Baseball Earnings

Alex

If someone is gonna spend enough time clicking each day to play 10,000 games then I think they’ve wasted enough of their life that we should take pity on them and let them keep their hard earned pixel dollars. Nerfing gets a no from me chief. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

The "no baseball games when blockaded" idea is a good one too.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

sigsize_od.gif
ONE WORLD OR NONE
CyberNations veteran, Co-Pilot Emeritus
Hambassidor (Head Ambassador (Minister of Foreign Affairs)), Head of the Ministry of Log Dumping, GOONS

1 minute ago, Archibald said:

"This game provides an advantage to people who... play the game... more than I do"

you realise that's a dumb as hell argument right

No it really isn't.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Jordan said:

No it really isn't.

Yep it is. Any MMORPG, like RuneScape for example is grind as hell. Folks don't magically get lvl 99skill capes/120 achievements without spending literal days/months/years on it. That's their reward. No one's claiming everyone should have a lvl 99 skill cape if they can't spend the time on it. 

If anything, if Alex's game has something folks spend hours doing, nerfing it seems to be anything but counterproductive lol

Edited by Shadowthrone
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Just think of this. I played for maybe a month and a half to two months. I earned 213M (before tips) 149M (after tips). I wasn't playing at the levels of some players. I only played small amounts everyday around the 500 games a day mark. There are ppl playing way more than that, and it creates a disadvantage to people who do not have the time to click, click, click, click.
I stopped playing for exactly that reason.

Alex I think this would be a preferred method, that way there is still the possibility of some income but not to the tune of billions of dollars

I can't afford to donate to the game to get 10 credits that I can sell on the Market for 250mil every month. That puts me at a disadvantage. So that's really not a good enough excuse to nerf something. How many hours and baseball games would I need to play to get parity with those who can pay to win?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Theodosius said:

Alternatively place a 45-60 second timer between games

The "x games per day at normal profits" is a better model because they can be played in rapid succession rather than over the course of hours, but placing a limit on the profitability per day is probably the best compromise.

1 minute ago, JasperFrost said:

Do you support nerfing raiding or trading?

raiding and trading both dont generate new stuff from nothing. those are a competition, in the case of raiding its competing in war and trading is a strategic thing as well, there is loser and winners in it because it isnt generating anything.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

2 minutes ago, JasperFrost said:

Do you support nerfing raiding or trading?

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I can't afford to donate to the game to get 10 credits that I can sell on the Market for 250mil every month. That puts me at a disadvantage. So that's really not a good enough excuse to nerf something. How many hours and baseball games would I need to play to get parity with those who can pay to win?

Touche, I hadn't considered those things when I posted. So I'll admit I didn't take all things into consideration.

However, I do like Jasper's idea of actually doing something with the baseball system. To make it more interactive.

1 minute ago, Dryad said:

raiding and trading both dont generate new stuff from nothing. those are a competition, in the case of raiding its competing in war and trading is a strategic thing as well, there is loser and winners in it because it isnt generating anything.

I'd argue raiding does. The majority of raid targets are people who are inactive and on their way to perma vacation mode, so people are just picking up resources that are going to be removed from play, right?

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Edward I said:

The "x games per day at normal profits" is a better model because they can be played in rapid succession rather than over the course of hours, but placing a limit on the profitability per day is probably the best compromise.

I agree with @Edward I having games 0-1000 pay a full rate and then have it drop off as more games are played would be the fairest of compromises, but if people want to waste 6 hours a day clicking a monotonous button over and over again I don't see why they shouldn't be rewarded for the time invested,

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Awww man that sucks, I guess I'll quit Baseball then, I shouldn't even have been playing so much.  It's been a "good" run but there were times I stayed up all night over Baseball #regrets

Yeah delete it. I need to find other hobbies besides this stupid addiction thingy 

Edited by Yuno
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Yuno said:

Awww man that sucks, I guess I'll quit Baseball then, I shouldn't even have been playing so much.  It's been a "good" run but there were times I stayed up all night over Baseball #regrets

Yeah delete it. I need to find other hobbies besides this stupid addiction thingy 

don't be like that! You're the resident expert yo

• Upvote 1

woah woah woah to much money playing baseball? I've invested millions to upgrade shit and spammed for like half an hour just to eventually get embargoed and make a tiny fraction of my investment. pennies. I support getting rid of baseball but not for the reason alex wants to.

Edited by Paradise