Why does someone always have to cheat?

Josh of Clan Mason

1 minute ago, RightHonorable said:

Given that there was multiple instances of this in short succession from the same person, along with more attacks being executed than the ones that were reported, it is reasonable to come to the conclusion that the bug was used with the intent of gaining an unfair advantage. Furthermore, if was a consistent problem for the member in question, why didn't he file a bug report?

I would presume because this is a known bug and he just checked it with sheepy every time instead of clogging the bug reports subforum with the same report again and again. Presuming he is innocent until proven guilty that is~~

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

This is beyond disgraceful and disgusting. You should be ashamed for trying to take advantage of this situation when you really just signed a real life death threat upon him from some loser. This is supposed to be a game, not a toxic wasteland. I smh to all of you.

If this thing is a bug, given what happened to Nova Riata as well as AK players, your member should have gone out and reported it immediately. Instead, no one reported the incident until BKNPO got a hold of it and used it to score cheap propaganda points.

Even Empyrea reported the incident wherein they managed to launch more than the allowed number of attacks, iirc. Best damage control is to come clean about what happened and discipline your member, if they're allowed to remain in e$.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, NightKnight said:

This is beyond disgraceful and disgusting. You should be ashamed for trying to take advantage of this situation when you really just signed a real life death threat upon him from some loser. This is supposed to be a game, not a toxic wasteland. I smh to all of you.

I condemn, in the strongest possible terms any death threats made against your member, that should go without saying, if one of our members has done such a thing contact me as that sort of business has no place in TCW. However nothing in this thread rises to anywhere that level, and to say that it does is exceedingly disingenuous 

Edited by RightHonorable
  • Upvote 5

Haatyc or'arue jate'shya ori'sol aru'ike nuhaatyc

4 minutes ago, NightKnight said:

As I said earlier, anyone threatening his life over a game deserves to be dealt with by Alex as well. No one here condones this behavior.

• Upvote 1

Just seems like an extension to the 4 NA's report  - not worthy of an alliance announcement post - not all actions are done out of some negative/dark narrative. TBH if i was waking up and half asleep and I kept seeing my MAPs not moving (i hardly ever look at the damn timeline) i'd prob assume the game is just being trash again and keep hitting it?

Chalk it up to a whoops and ship it off to the mountain of other whoops this game has deployed.

• Upvote 4

Just now, RightHonorable said:

I condemn, in the strongest possible terms any death threats made against your member, that should go without saying, if one of our members has done such a thing contact me as that sort of business has no place in TCW. However nothing in this thread rises to anywhere that level

I agree, however I believe that something like this topic could have been put in a better place and had a way less aggressive tone to begin with. It should not have been used to score some points in this war, or even to have a debate or public lynching. Because even if it is fixed now, the damage is already done to his reputation and to himself. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Just now, NightKnight said:

I agree, however I believe that something like this topic could have been put in a better place and had a way less aggressive tone to begin with. It should not have been used to score some points in this war, or even to have a debate or public lynching. Because even if it is fixed now, the damage is already done to his reputation and to himself. 

Look, if it was accidental I'm sorry for him. It just doesn't look accidental to many of us. As for his reputation being damage because of an accident, well tbh, shit happens.

5 minutes ago, RightHonorable said:

I condemn, in the strongest possible terms any death threats made against your member, that should go without saying, if one of our members has done such a thing contact me as that sort of business has no place in TCW. However nothing in this thread rises to anywhere that level, and to say that it does is exceedingly disingenuous 

We've had reported and upvoted propaganda about castrating Roquentin, so...

4 minutes ago, NightKnight said:

It would have been in a better place if you guys were proactive and reported it as a bug, as other alliances, including those who we are at war with have done. By not doing so, among the other circumstances of this incident it makes it look an awful lot like your member was intentionally and maliciously using a game bug to gain an unfair advantage. 

• Downvote 5

1 minute ago, RightHonorable said:

It would have been in a better place if you guys were proactive and reported it as a bug, as other alliances, including those who we are at war with have done. By not doing so, among the other circumstances of this incident it makes it look an awful lot like your member was intentionally and maliciously using a game bug to gain an unfair advantage. 

He did, he immediately contacted @Alex literally right after. But nobody would know that because everyone immediately went to the character assassination and demanding he be banned or given strikes.

Edited by Itachi
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Itachi said:

He did, he immediately contacted @Alex literally right after. But nobody would know that because everyone immediately went to the character assassination and demanding he be banned or given strikes.

You were the first e$ responder and you began with evasiveness, instead of indicating that e$ is exploring the issue, whether it has been reported by the member, and so on.

We're back to a he-said she-said situation, which requires Alex to clear it up.

Can a moderator please lock this thread until Alex gets here? Moreover, this thread should be moved to Game Reports.

Edited by Inst
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, ShadyAssassin said:

This is a known bug and had already been reported.

It's not cheating and just fyi, all such extra transactions are recorded by a macro.

It can be done intentionally but it is a hard exploit to pull off-set much so that Alex hasnt been able to do it himself. 

Please stop with ur bs

Exploiting a known bug is in fact cheating and there is no way they did 8 naval attacks by mistake. This person is a cheater and should be banned.

The other people that encountered the bug and self reported did the right thing and did not intentionally exploit the bug.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

12 minutes ago, Itachi said:

Well, that should be a easy thing to verify, all you have to do is provide the logs of that conversation

• Upvote 1

Just now, Who Me said:

Exploiting a known bug is in fact cheating and there is no way they did 8 naval attacks by mistake. This person is a cheater and should be banned.

The other people that encountered the bug and self reported did the right thing and did not intentionally exploit the bug.

TBH, there's a few things that definitely went wrong here.

First, I know Josh and he's somewhat inexperienced. This thread should not have been posted in Alliance Affairs, to begin with. Likewise, keeping cheating accusations politically neutral until proven is important.

Second, e$ should immediately 'fessed up that they had no idea what was going on, instead of being evasive. I'm assuming that's the case, because this has no strategic or tactical merit whatsoever. e$ and t$ know not to beige.

Third, it is very possible that this is just an accident, i.e, a massive lag spike and multiple clicks on multiple open windows resulting in the war timeline we've seen here.

But to know definitively what happens requires Alex's input. He will know if, say, the e$ member involved reported the incident before this hit the forums, and if not, will have to judge whether the exploiting was intentional or accidental.

48 minutes ago, Jack Daniel's said:

That doesn't say much. He could be just online at those times or he waits for the new server day, and decides to use the same legitimate strategy (fortify and naval). He stated on Discord that he has a bad internet connection, and that he had to refresh the war page a few times.

There is no need to make assumptions.

But yes, it's a terrible bug...

Why would he fortify first then run naval attacks that nullify the fortify?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, Who Me said:

e$ member. Possibly believed that he was going to get rescued by his alliance or something or that counters would be available, and then when it was obvious no help was forthcoming, resorted to navals.

I'd also point out that the timeline chosen was merely the most egregious war. There were in fact three wars wherein we saw abnormal attack activity:

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=518305

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=518171

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=518155

The total number of attacks launched was 17 naval attacks, 8 in one, 4 in another, and 5 in the last.

This contributes to the primary report.

28 minutes ago, Who Me said:

Come on, you don't know that it was intentional, and I'm surprised that you're even saying this, as I've known you to be pretty level-headed and rational.

The rationale you cited is circumstantial at best.

Edited by Utmos
grammar.
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Who Me said:

Gee maybe he expected to be hit in between that time and he had planes still, thus aiming to bleed them as much possible.

I know that's hard to understand for a guy whose entire war strategy was nuke turreting, so go back to screaming in your lynch mob.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 6

3 minutes ago, Utmos said:

Come on, you don't know that it was intentional, and I'm surprised that you're even saying this, as I've known you to be pretty level-headed and rational.

The rational you cited is circumstantial at best.

This can be put to bed by simply showing the logs where he self reports to Alex after the problematic attacks, but before the incident went public. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Utmos said:

The rational you cited is circumstantial at best.

I'm just saying that if his connection was as bad as other people have claimed, how did he get off 17 attacks, on 3 different nations, in around 3 minutes?

• Upvote 1

For those unaware, 804 PM is roughly 4 minutes after update in the Eastern US, meaning literally right after it happened.

Hell is wrong with you people I spent 16 hours investigating before I went after anyone with a torch.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Alex locked this topic