Why does someone always have to cheat?

Josh of Clan Mason

1 minute ago, Tarroc said:

Funny it happened all at the same exact time and never before or after. Strange. 

Just now, George (James T Kirk) said:

Generally most people favor not being banned .... so no?

Then Thamous is being accused of using it because... he wants to be banned? Do you think before you type or what? I'm actually curious.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Just now, Tarroc said:

Every single war, he fortifies at 3:14, then waits until 12:00ish and then spams naval strikes. Something ain't right there, I agree.

You mean, given similar wars with similar opponents, he went with the same strategy with each one?

Just now, Tarroc said:

Every single war, he fortifies at 3:14, then waits until 12:00ish and then spams naval strikes. Something ain't right there, I agree.

Much agreed. If it is accidental, well good luck to him arguing that because that looks 100% intentional to me.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Divinum said:

So they all happened around the same exact time in the same way? Yes, that's a glitch.

So if u read this topic you will see that this exploit / bug is hard to do, furthermore it actually rarely happens (Alex's words), the idea that one person would will it off multiple times is a bit of a stretch. Sure one time, prob a glitch, 2 times your unlucky, 3 times your prob cheating  

• Upvote 2

0b3897cd640f95254329f7a2d45d8c77b1c120e.

1 minute ago, Itachi said:

Funny it happened all at the same exact time and never before or after. Strange. 

Then Thamous is being accused of using it because... he wants to be banned? Do you think before you type or what? I'm actually curious.

Really? Is that what you do when you find an exploit in a game? Do it a ton in a ton of instances repeatedly and make it really obvious? I'm not accusing T$ of cheating, I'm pointing out something that seems flawed in the actions of one individual member, but that does not necessarily mean T$ is not involved in it and is just trying to avoid getting attention for it as a whole.

3 minutes ago, Itachi said:

I think you may be a bit dumb, i was simply explaining why your logic was flawed. 

The way your sentence read was essentially "It has to be a bug, because not eveyone is doing it"

I then simply explained, most people wont exploit a bug because they dont want to be banned

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The dumbest thing is that this isn't going to change the outcome of the war. Alex will pick up on it, revert the incident, perhaps issue nation strikes, and Syndicate either continues getting rolled or someone drops in to rescue.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Divinum said:

You mean, given similar wars with similar opponents, he went with the same strategy with each one?

The same strategy that is incapable of working. Each strike costs 4 MAPs. Doing multiple attacks in a row like that would cost more MAPs than you can save up. That isn't a strategy, that's an exploit.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Josh of Clan Mason said:

Much agreed. If it is accidental, well good luck to him arguing that because that looks 100% intentional to me.

That doesn't say much. He could be just online at those times or he waits for the new server day, and decides to use the same legitimate strategy (fortify and naval). He stated on Discord that he has a bad internet connection, and that he had to refresh the war page a few times.

There is no need to make assumptions.

But yes, it's a terrible bug...

Edited by Jack Daniel's
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tarroc said:

The same strategy that is incapable of working. Each strike costs 4 MAPs. Doing multiple attacks in a row like that would cost more MAPs than you can save up. That isn't a strategy, that's an exploit.

A strategic exploit. ;3

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

4 minutes ago, George (James T Kirk) said:

I think you may be a bit dumb, i was simply explaining why your logic was flawed. 

The way your sentence read was essentially "It has to be a bug, because not eveyone is doing it"

I then simply explained, most people wont exploit a bug because they dont want to be banned

Ah, classic BK. Just start slinging personal insults when you can't think of a way to express yourself otherwise. 

• Downvote 8

1 minute ago, Jack Daniel's said:

That doesn't say much. He could be just online at those times or he waits for the new server day, and decides to use the same legitimate strategy (fortify and naval). He stated on Discord that he has a bad internet connection, and that he had to refresh the war page a few times.

There is no need to make assumptions.

did you read what I wrote? I said "if it is accidental", meaning I agree it could be a real bug and not intentional.

1 minute ago, Jack Daniel's said:

There are many people who play this game with a bad connection, however I do not see this problem happening 3 times in short succession to the same person. 

• Upvote 3

Haatyc or'arue jate'shya ori'sol aru'ike nuhaatyc

@Josh of Clan Mason If you think a member cheated, why shred his reputation with a personal strike here when you do not have all the facts? Why not go to the place an exploit should be reported, and why immediately post assuming it was automatically "some alliance" cheating? If you have a problem, it shouldn't be posted on the forums for a public shaming before the fate is even decided, it should be left to Alex to figure out the situation. Shouldn't everyone be given the benefit of the doubt? Or is everyone guilty until proven innocent.....? A good member was hurt today because of your assumption before the facts.

Edited by NightKnight
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Itachi said:

If this was an intentional exploit, it'd have been used by us already, don't ya think? Or if you think we wouldn't use it because it'd be obvious, then why would we use it at all? Are your brains capable of anything resembling intelligent thoughts or do you hear one accusation of cheating and start barking like prairie dogs?

Just now, Itachi said:

Ah, classic BK. Just start slinging personal insults when you can't think of a way to express yourself otherwise. 

funny

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

1 minute ago, Itachi said:

Im sorry you could not comprehend anything past the first sentence, but my explanation is in there

16 minutes ago, Itachi said:

If this was an intentional exploit, it'd have been used by us already, don't ya think? Or if you think we wouldn't use it because it'd be obvious, then why would we use it at all? Are your brains capable of anything resembling intelligent thoughts or do you hear one accusation of cheating and start barking like prairie dogs?

You really ought to drop the in character act for a moment and recognize that what we have here is a reproducible issue with the game that is being exploited and the people doing so have been busted by other players.  Maybe what you should be doing instead is telling your people to cut the shit before they all are staring a ban hammer in the face.  But hey, if you would rather thin your herd of players a bit instead, by all means, sorry to have bothered your magnificence.  Please continue calling people prairie dogs.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, NightKnight said:

@Josh of Clan Mason If you think a member cheated, why shred his reputation with a personal strike here when you do not have all the facts? Why not go to the place an exploit should be reported, and why immediately post assuming it was automatically "some alliance" cheating? If you have a problem, it shouldn't be posted on the forums for a public shaming before the fate is even decided, it should be left to Alex to figure out the situation. Shouldn't everyone be given the benefit of the doubt? Or is everyone guilty until proven innocent.....? A good member was hurt today because of your assumption before the facts.

Did you read the edit I made on the original post 8 minutes ago?

1 minute ago, Josh of Clan Mason said:

Either way, this thread should be in Bug Reports :v

• Upvote 1

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

1 minute ago, Josh of Clan Mason said:

And yet the original title still remains. You believed right away that he was a cheater without any of the facts.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Just now, NightKnight said:

And yet the original title still remains. You believed right away that he was a cheater without any of the facts.

no it doesn't.

1 minute ago, Kyubnyan said:

Either way, this thread should be in Bug Reports :v

The second comment is me admitting to not knowing if it should be here or not.

9 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

You really ought to drop the in character act for a moment and recognize that what we have here is a reproducible issue with the game that is being exploited and the people doing so have been busted by other players.  Maybe what you should be doing instead is telling your people to cut the shit before they all are staring a ban hammer in the face.  But hey, if you would rather thin your herd of players a bit instead, by all means, sorry to have bothered your magnificence.  Please continue calling people prairie dogs.

Okay, well considering that Alex was contacted immediately (by the accused) following the 'cheating' to report it, as can be confirmed by Alex himself, it would be pretty ridiculous to think that it was intentional. But hey, if you guys want to round up the lynch mob then be my guest. But now people are threatening the life of our member over an accusation without any proof of intent in a video game, and its because people like you call for a hanging without knowing any of the facts other than something happened that shouldn't have happened, and it benefited someone you don't like. 

Edited by Itachi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Just now, Itachi said:

Okay, well considering that Alex was contacted immediately following the 'cheating' to report it, as can be confirmed by Alex himself, it would be pretty ridiculous to think that it was intentional. But hey, if you guys want to round up the lynch mob then be my guest. But now people are threatening the life of our member over an accusation without any proof of intent in a video game, and its because people like you call for a hanging without knowing any of the facts other than something happened that shouldn't have happened, and it benefited someone you don't like. 

I do believe that threatening anyone's life over a browser game is much worse than simply being wrong and making a false accusation. Whoever threatened his life ought to be dealt with by @Alex along with this

2 minutes ago, NightKnight said:

Given that there was multiple instances of this in short succession from the same person, along with more attacks being executed than the ones that were reported, it is reasonable to come to the conclusion that the bug was used with the intent of gaining an unfair advantage. Furthermore, if was a consistent problem for the member in question, why didn't he file a bug report?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Haatyc or'arue jate'shya ori'sol aru'ike nuhaatyc

• Alex locked this topic