GOONS Gazette Vol 1.5: Special War Edition!

Micheal Valois

30 minutes ago, Valid User Name said:

Argh is pretty much just an alliance of loot piñatas for our newbies to raid at this point.

Seriously, if Arrgh did not exist it would be necessary to invent them. "You mean there's a whole alliance of dudes out there who we can fight, who are more interesting than raiding greys, who don't actually coordinate or help each other all that much, and who don't have friends to come crying to our leadership when we blow up their stuff? And by fighting them we'll actually get hands-on training in how PnW wars work and thus get better at the game? This is great!"

Fighting a bunch of Arrghs in my first few days of the game was one of the best decisions I could have made, it made me a better player and cost basically nothing. I am glad Arrgh exists. They make a great Danger Room - good, consequence-free training.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Valid User Name said:

Argh is pretty much just an alliance of loot piñatas for our newbies to raid at this point.

If you think Arrgh has substantial loot in their nations, then you don't know what actual loot looks like. 

Or maybe you do,  but everyone else doesn't. :v

17 minutes ago, DivineCoffeeBinge said:

Seriously, if Arrgh did not exist it would be necessary to invent them. "You mean there's a whole alliance of dudes out there who we can fight, who are more interesting than raiding greys, who don't actually coordinate or help each other all that much, and who don't have friends to come crying to our leadership when we blow up their stuff? And by fighting them we'll actually get hands-on training in how PnW wars work and thus get better at the game? This is great!"

Fighting a bunch of Arrghs in my first few days of the game was one of the best decisions I could have made, it made me a better player and cost basically nothing. I am glad Arrgh exists. They make a great Danger Room - good, consequence-free training.

Honestly, that's a respectable attitude directly in-line with Pirate philosophy. I don't think anyone in Arrgh would fault you for looking for a decent fight. It's just hard to have a decent fight after six months of war.

Arrgh is 4th on the net damages and 8th on raw damage output. Not quite an irrelevant group, even after stat manipulation.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Goober said:

If you think Arrgh has substantial loot in their nations, then you don't know what actual loot looks like. 

Or maybe you do,  but everyone else doesn't. :v

Yeah I'm not sure which Arrgh people he's hitting holding loot but they're bad pirates if they're keeping stuff on their nations :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DivineCoffeeBinge said:

Will definitely start doing more of this as a newb. Thank you for your service, Arrgh. You're braver than the marines.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

Honestly, that's a respectable attitude directly in-line with Pirate philosophy. I don't think anyone in Arrgh would fault you for looking for a decent fight. It's just hard to have a decent fight after six months of war.

I don't think anyone faulted me so to speak but the number of messages I got asking "why are you attacking me go hit inactives it's more lucrative no seriously stop blowing up my stuff" was a little concerning. Like, y'all know there's reasons to fight beyond cash moneys right? For example, 'you attacked my alliance member and this is the only way you're gonna learn not to keep doing that, bad puppy'

17 hours ago, Khris Kruel said:

They're an irrelevant alliance that everyone hates

Whoah there

• Like 2

THE Definitive James:

KastorCultist, Co-leading Roz Wei Empyrea The Wei, former TGH warrior, Assassin, and a few more. Player of this game for more time than I want to think about...

infernalsig.png.492fbaaf465234c6d9cf76f12f038d04.png

3 hours ago, Valid User Name said:

For all this talk about how Arg can't be defeated, being cycled through beige is probably going to tank their membership.

So, what I’m seeing from here is that you believe that people can and should be chased out of the game by constant beige cycling, and that’s how you intend to win against arrgh?

3 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

So, what I’m seeing from here is that you believe that people can and should be chased out of the game by constant beige cycling, and that’s how you intend to win against arrgh?

You must've missed all the posts following yours where that wasn't said.

• Downvote 1

GICjEwp.gif

17 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

They're free to apply for a ceasefire on our mercy board. It'll be approved easily if they leave Urgh and go to Coalition B.

ribbon - golden steak.png

Feeding the alliance, one conquest at a time.

On 11/6/2019 at 12:05 AM, Deulos said:

LOL, when did this happen? And stop commenting on my old posts, it proves how irrelevant you are...

I mean, if BK didn't attack you for 6 months, then whatever. That's what I was told in your public Arrgh channel. We will be attacking Arrgh after the war is over to train up our newbies on how to beige cycle.

• Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Deulos said:

Nice threat.

less "threat" and more "reasonably stated fact."

I've said before that I found it eminently instructive to battle a bunch of Arrghs in my first couple of days of existence, there were tactics I didn't anticipate and mechanics to comprehend and it was vastly more interesting than attacking a bunch of grey inactives. Why wouldn't we encourage other new Goons to have a similar experience? And why wouldn't an alliance dedicated to the pirate life not expect the occasional band of pirate-hunters?

11 minutes ago, Khris Kruel said:

Its not a threat? You will lay down and take it just like last time, and then declare victory because our gas/ammo was worth more than your shriveled corpses

Well, in his case he’ll hide in vacation mode and make third-rate shitposts on the forums instead of taking it, but otherwise you’re right.

2 hours ago, dong said:

WAdThcQ.png

VARUUxP.png

dongs

Now I will be watching you for the rest of my "vacation".

Lesson One: Never fight someone that is prepared to fight you.

7 hours ago, Khris Kruel said:

Its not a threat? You will lay down and take it just like last time, and then declare victory because our gas/ammo was worth more than your shriveled corpses

Only if I'm on top. ?

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Deulos said:

Now I will be watching you for the rest of my "vacation".

Lesson One: Never fight someone that is prepared to fight you.

Only if I'm on top. ?

Lesson Two: Don't fight an alliance that outnumbers you and is prepared to fight you

You really shouldn't talk smack to a top 10 alliance.

Edited by Khris Kruel

Arrgh is really that upset about being raided by GOONS, even though Arrgh keeps the vast majority of their loot hidden in credits and GOONS, admittedly, didn't get that much out of it beyond war practice.

So even if your argument is that GOONS mass-raid on Arrgh was a failure, it was still enough to see the long-term psychological effects months later.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

Arrgh is really that upset about being raided by GOONS, even though Arrgh keeps the vast majority of their loot hidden in credits and GOONS, admittedly, didn't get that much out of it beyond war practice.

So even if your argument is that GOONS mass-raid on Arrgh was a failure, it was still enough to see the long-term psychological effects months later.

I guess you could say the sea dogs... are salty

:dadjoke:

33 minutes ago, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

No its just fun to rile you all up over it. It's also fun being downvoted by 30 GOONS every time I post something. You all are helping me get to a 1000 downvotes pretty quickly. ?

3 hours ago, Khris Kruel said:

You really shouldn't talk smack to a top 10 alliance.

The point is staying there. Judging by your public image, consistent butt kissing of NPO, nearly transparent FA, constant trolling, you will be unable to keep the spot. Maybe you'll be gone by the time I leave vacation mode in 174 turns. If not then it will when NPO finally throws you under the bus post war.

Lesson Three: Never write a check your ass can't cash. (In short, don't create so many enemies that you later regret.)

Edited by Deulos
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1