GOONS Gazette Vol 1.5: Special War Edition!

Micheal Valois

40 minutes ago, Deulos said:

No its just fun to rile you all up over it. It's also fun being downvoted by 30 GOONS every time I post something. You all are helping me get to a 1000 downvotes pretty quickly. ?

As yes the famed "I'm not mad actually I'm laughing" response

Between that and "offer patronizing advice" if I could just get you to say "actually some of my best friends are (insert ethnicity here)" I'll have bingo

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Deulos said:

No its just fun to rile you all up over it. It's also fun being downvoted by 30 GOONS every time I post something. You all are helping me get to a 1000 downvotes pretty quickly. ?

The point is staying there. Judging by your public image, consistent butt kissing of NPO, nearly transparent FA, constant trolling, you will be unable to keep the spot. Maybe you'll be gone by the time I leave vacation mode in 174 turns. If not then it will when NPO finally throws you under the bus post war.

Lesson Three: Never write a check your ass can't cash. (In short, don't create so many enemies that you later regret.)

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0YbL2bLAVYO

Edited by Zaurg
  • Upvote 6

9 hours ago, Deulos said:

The point is staying there. Judging by your public image, consistent butt kissing of NPO, nearly transparent FA, constant trolling, you will be unable to keep the spot. Maybe you'll be gone by the time I leave vacation mode in 174 turns. If not then it will when NPO finally throws you under the bus post war.

Lesson Three: Never write a check your ass can't cash. (In short, don't create so many enemies that you later regret.)

I really have no idea how Arrgh, after getting completely destroyed by Coalition B, can imagine they can take on GOONS after bleeding so many members. You can keep talking shit, but we've already proved that we can do whatever we want to Arrgh, and we will continue doing it. You seriously don't have the means to stop us doing what we want to do, because you think that what's important is making sure wars are profitable and positive net damage. They aren't. They're at the bottom of what's important in this game.

We make enemies in every game, and it hasn't stopped us in any of them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Deulos said:

I truly hope you aren't this blind.

On 11/7/2019 at 5:54 PM, Khris Kruel said:

I mean, if BK didn't attack you for 6 months, then whatever. That's what I was told in your public Arrgh channel. We will be attacking Arrgh after the war is over to train up our newbies on how to beige cycle.

Field Trip! :D

• Downvote 1

lol, Arrgh can switch AAs as easy as any other alliance if they want to hit your from a different angle. Them not feeling bound by any alliances conventions is why you can't destroy them and they have friends scattered across alliances everywhere (and former members).

40 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

lol, Arrgh can switch AAs as easy as any other alliance if they want to hit your from a different angle. Them not feeling bound by any alliances conventions is why you can't destroy them and they have friends scattered across alliances everywhere (and former members).

Test tried that, see where it got them :P 

Just now, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Well, they used the name of an alliance at war with BK when it disbanded as well I think? Thought I heard something like that.

Nope. It's open knowledge that Boyce and a couple of others were major coordinators for Coalition A, trying to scurry off from the responsibility of starting this war, and hoping to not be noticed, pretty much got uninvolved parties involved. I think the more Arrgh tries to pull sneaky stuff, the more folks are against letting them off Scott free. 

8 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

There aren't really angles. Their players are known so if they move that doesn't matter. And they'd just be attacking the same way they are now, so that doesn't matter except making the new alliance also a target. We don't need to destroy them, raids are providing nice returns and their trademark disorganization has seen little damage in their response. Really what you're saying is "...as easy as any other alliance..." and "...can't destroy.." one of which is true for literally everyone and the other is not a goal.  Nice post, I guess.

• Upvote 1

GICjEwp.gif

12 hours ago, Shadowthrone said:

Nope. It's open knowledge that Boyce and a couple of others were major coordinators for Coalition A, trying to scurry off from the responsibility of starting this war, and hoping to not be noticed, pretty much got uninvolved parties involved. I think the more Arrgh tries to pull sneaky stuff, the more folks are against letting them off Scott free. 

Bluebear can’t really control what former members do & even current members without going against their principles.

On 11/10/2019 at 6:29 AM, Shadowthrone said:

"Arrgh" didn't pull any sneaky stuff. Members within an anarchic community hosted their own schemes and left the AA when it suited them. There's a lot of Arrgh fans out there - as evidenced in this and other threads but don't confuse them with the only voice that matters: Bluebear.

47 minutes ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

"Arrgh" didn't pull any sneaky stuff. Members within an anarchic community hosted their own schemes and left the AA when it suited them. There's a lot of Arrgh fans out there - as evidenced in this and other threads but don't confuse them with the only voice that matters: Bluebear.

This is, sadly, one of the drawbacks of having an anarchic style of governance/play; the actions of one can taint the image of many, it becomes easy to ascribe to the alliance as a whole the motive that only truly applies to one.

But, well, it is what it is. You want the freedom and lack of restriction that an alliance like Arrgh is set up to provide you, you take some of the negatives along with it.

3 hours ago, DivineCoffeeBinge said:

This is, sadly, one of the drawbacks of having an anarchic style of governance/play; the actions of one can taint the image of many, it becomes easy to ascribe to the alliance as a whole the motive that only truly applies to one.

But, well, it is what it is. You want the freedom and lack of restriction that an alliance like Arrgh is set up to provide you, you take some of the negatives along with it.

I feel the opposite, really. If an NPO member does something out of line, it falls to NPO's government to either correct it or face consequences as a traditional entity. The actions of the members *are* the actions of the alliance.

In Arrgh it's really quite different. As other GONOS have noticed, a lot of raids happen at your own risk and often if you don't take matters into your own hands to organize a team - you're left in the cold being countered by yourself. Bluebear has never ordered or halted a raid in the years I've been inside or otherwise involved with Arrgh. It really is more like a traditional IRL alliance where each nation has autonomy to self-govern and deal with the consequences in-turn.

3 hours ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

I feel the opposite, really. If an NPO member does something out of line, it falls to NPO's government to either correct it or face consequences as a traditional entity. The actions of the members *are* the actions of the alliance.

In Arrgh it's really quite different. As other GONOS have noticed, a lot of raids happen at your own risk and often if you don't take matters into your own hands to organize a team - you're left in the cold being countered by yourself. Bluebear has never ordered or halted a raid in the years I've been inside or otherwise involved with Arrgh. It really is more like a traditional IRL alliance where each nation has autonomy to self-govern and deal with the consequences in-turn.

That's wonderful for Arrgh, but their opinion and methods do not apply to anyone not inside of Arrgh.

GICjEwp.gif

4 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

That's wonderful for Arrgh, but their opinion and methods do not apply to anyone not inside of Arrgh.

Arrgh, unlike many others, has never wanted or attempted to force their opinions on others. I'm pretty tired of defending Arrgh on the forums after Deulos digs himself into a hole though. Enjoy arguing with him, I'm sure it's rewarding in its own way.

2 hours ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

Arrgh, unlike many others, has never wanted or attempted to force their opinions on others. I'm pretty tired of defending Arrgh on the forums after Deulos digs himself into a hole though. Enjoy arguing with him, I'm sure it's rewarding in its own way.

It's... well, it's certainly something

54 minutes ago, Xea Evangelos said:

So da goons think they even hurt a bunch of scurvy mosquitoes that are still stealing the clotted remains of the dead and living? 

PS- yalls economies suck. Not even worth raiding. 

I'm not sure what that first part is supposed to mean. Believe me, I'm trying to parse it.

As for the second, a large number of the nations that GOONS fight get their money by raiding, so they make sure not to leave anything to raid. If you're complaining about how little you're getting then it's working as intended.

2 hours ago, Xea Evangelos said:

So da goons think they even hurt a bunch of scurvy mosquitoes that are still stealing the clotted remains of the dead and living? 

PS- yalls economies suck. Not even worth raiding. 

Our economy is working exactly as intended, then. ?