Mercenaries?

TheManWhoSoldTheWorld

(This is my very first post so i apologize if it sounds very mis or uninformed or is in the wrong place)

Do you think there'd ever be some form of mercenary type alliance (that's successfu) where they'd essentially be paid to help aid alliances or nations in/wanting to go to war, but wouldn't sign a pact or treaty? It'd almost be like Arrgh but with a few extra steps and a few regulations as to who and when they'd strike.

I imagine the hardest part would most likely be managing resources and finding "business" that would yield good profits because A) You'd have multiple people in the alliance and i'm sure they'd want a slice of the pie and B) i doubt people would want to or have the resources to pay for a war they themselves could/could not fight themselves.

I think it's a fun concept, even if it might not ever be a reality.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

People have tried but you can't just decide to have an elite warrior alliance, also without indiscriminate raiding you would have to rely on peacetime economy for 90% of your time and would become yourself an attractive raid target. Also you would be surprised how personally people take being attacked in a mercenary deal

Edited by Ogaden
  • Like 1
tvPWtuA.gif

53 minutes ago, TheManWhoSoldTheWorld said:

Do you think there'd ever be some form of mercenary type alliance (that's successfu) where they'd essentially be paid to help aid alliances or nations in/wanting to go to war, but wouldn't sign a pact or treaty?

Oblivion did this some time ago

• Like 1