[MULTIPLE] GOONS On Vacation

Do Not Fear Jaz

Oh, props then. You probably did a bit of damage :v

I just keep seeing people suicide thousands and thousands of tanks and assumed the worst

e: I mean they're not terrible but the people in this game somehow don't understand combat very well and it's amazing to watch these years old nations faceplant royally

Edited by Marxalot

13 minutes ago, Marxalot said:

Oh, props then. You probably did a bit of damage :v

I just keep seeing people suicide thousands and thousands of tanks and assumed the worst

e: I mean they're not terrible but the people in this game somehow don't understand combat very well and it's amazing to watch these years old nations faceplant royally

Don't worry! Prefontaine will make the game more intuitive (read: favorable to 5 year old noob nations playing on easy mode in a cryptohegemony alliance) and make all the dumb strats viable!

I'm a 3 year old nation why can't I suicide run my 500, 400, and then 300 planes into this blob of 900??

Well shit I'm out of planes, time to buy 3000 tanks about it

Edited by Marxalot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

"YOU DECLARED LATE!!!"

Forgive me for not forming GOONS sooner, I didn't know we'd hit this level of tears or I would have.

1 hour ago, Comrade Marx said:

The fault clearly belongs to GOONS for declaring late, since we demonstrated we can materialize with 140 members in a matter of a month that means we should have done this back in May to make things more fair.

I neither care for what is subjectively considered fair nor whataboutisms. We weren't here then, but we are now. And wouldn't even be in the war if it weren't for the abysmal incompetence in which your coalition allies handle diplomacy.

Yeah, Miller is hardly crying about it but I can understand jumping to that conclusion with the amount of salt and tears on this forums sometimes. He's just saying you can't exactly go around thumping your chest about your war prowess and superiority when you joined this late in the war. We're not talking about fairness, that's completely irrelevant, and we're not upset about you joining in. Just objectively, you joined late in the war and on the larger side which would give you an edge over the people you joined the war against. Period. We all know why it happened and that you didn't exist at the start of the war but you can't deny that's an objectively true statement. As he pointed out though, you've been doing well so props where they're due.

P.S. As entertained as I am by it, please explain the surrender post thing to nippy. ?

• Upvote 4

BrOQBND.jpg

Guest PhantomThiefB
48 minutes ago, Miller said:

Not really. Let’s explain. See some people that didn’t know what they were doing (goons) gave me all of the beige time. I rebuilt up to my max, kamikazed some guys, got countered by our dear friends in NPO and got smashed. Since then I’ve been competently beige cycled. Also by you. Cheers. 

Oh that was me, your welcome kind sir. ?

49 minutes ago, Nizam Adrienne said:

Yeah, Miller is hardly crying about it but I can understand jumping to that conclusion with the amount of salt and tears on this forums sometimes. He's just saying you can't exactly go around thumping your chest about your war prowess and superiority when you joined this late in the war. We're not talking about fairness, that's completely irrelevant, and we're not upset about you joining in. Just objectively, you joined late in the war and on the larger side which would give you an edge over the people you joined the war against. Period. We all know why it happened and that you didn't exist at the start of the war but you can't deny that's an objectively true statement. As he pointed out though, you've been doing well so props where they're due.

P.S. As entertained as I am by it, please explain the surrender post thing to nippy. ?

ITT: TKR offers to 1v1 GOONS at a later date.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DivineCoffeeBinge said:

but but but I was told they were paperless

they make a big deal about it and everything

such dishonesty, I am simply shocked

Oh lord this paperless meme still exists? The sooner that nonsense fades out of this world, the better. If ever there was a clear indication that an alliance feels incapable of planning ahead, it is being "paperless." The fear of commitment is a powerful force it seems.

21 hours ago, Mr. Goober said:

Yet they can kill what you have. Makes me wonder if your opponents are actually fighting smart and deleting expensive units that you can kill.... 

Hmmmmm...

Destroying your own units to preserve KDR instead of letting the opposing army do it? Brilliant, my KDR is saved! lmao

ribbon - golden steak.png

Feeding the alliance, one conquest at a time.

3 hours ago, Inst said:

Does it really matter? I don't know why so much fighting in this game occurs over military reputations. Individual player quality outside the context of an alliance doesn't matter because good individual players will get dogpiled and neutralized. Alliance quality doesn't matter that much outside the context of a coalition either because "strong" individual alliances will also get dogpiled and neutralized.

GOONS was brought in to handle TKR / Soup zero-tier assets, that were mostly neglected due to BKNPO's retreat (city-buying) from that tier in a rather prolonged war. Even if T$ sphere assets are taken out, GOONs still dealt a significant amount of damage to KERCHTOG and is substantially damage positive there. And GOONS has done the job it was asked to do, which was to neutralize resistance there.

"Substantially damage positive there" no they're not, which you'd know if you check who they've actually done damage too. Positive against KERCHTOG? Yes. Substantially? Uh, no. 

3 hours ago, Miller said:

You jealous of my giant spike?

Yep, I wish someone would drive my NS into the ground so I could get big pointy spikes instead of these boring solid walls of red.

30 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

"Substantially damage positive there" no they're not, which you'd know if you check who they've actually done damage too. Positive against KERCHTOG? Yes. Substantially? Uh, no. 

You got me curious.
https://npowned.net/pw-war-statistics/conflict/12

6UaIfr6.jpg

I feel like we're doing ok for ourselves.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, Marxalot said:

You got me curious.
https://npowned.net/pw-war-statistics/conflict/12

6UaIfr6.jpg

I feel like we're doing ok for ourselves.

Try clicking GOONS and on that page click versus.

You'll find as I noted on the previous page, 61% of overall and 85% of your net damage aren't even to KERCHTOGG. you're actually not very far in the positive against them all, less than 1.5b, which should be evidently little considering you've done 3+ to TKR who had no infra.

Stat padding Typhon whose never fought a war before and talks all big is just community service ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Valid User Name said:

Destroying your own units to preserve KDR instead of letting the opposing army do it? Brilliant, my KDR is saved! lmao

KDR is irrelevant in an alliance war. KDR is only relevant when you wanna boast. 

Unit damage is what is important. And why would you delete the expensive units to not get them destroyed? Just don't build them in the first place. *duh*

• Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Try clicking GOONS and on that page click versus.

You'll find as I noted on the previous page, 61% of overall and 85% of your net damage aren't even to KERCHTOGG. you're actually not very far in the positive against them all, less than 1.5b, which should be evidently little considering you've done 3+ to TKR who had no infra.

Stat padding Typhon whose never fought a war before and talks all big is just community service ?

HhdgCsV.jpg

we were given particular targets to give preference to, and the little page says they're kerchtog

Hardly anyone I've fought seems to have fought a war before, fwiw. Typhon, argh, tkr, sanraisin, etc. 

26 minutes ago, Mr. Goober said:

KDR is irrelevant in an alliance war. KDR is only relevant when you wanna boast. 

Unit damage is what is important. And why would you delete the expensive units to not get them destroyed? Just don't build them in the first place. *duh*

Also this

• Downvote 1

55 minutes ago, Mr. Goober said:

Every plane built is three fewer aluminum and four thousand fewer cash on hand during a loss. By taking as much out of my nation's coffers as possible I deny my enemies the chance to steal it while I'm blockaded. It's like how Russia destroyed their resources so the Germans couldn't use them while invading.

6 minutes ago, Valid User Name said:

Every plane built is three fewer aluminum and four thousand fewer cash on hand during a loss. By taking as much out of my nation's coffers as possible I deny my enemies the chance to steal it while I'm blockaded. It's like how Russia destroyed their resources so the Germans couldn't use them while invading.

Not gonna even dignify that with an actual response. Have a good day. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, Mr. Goober said:

Not gonna even dignify that with an actual response. Have a good day. 

Translation: Goober is too stupid to come up with a good counter-argument.

Maybe if you buy a couple more cities and start participating in real wars instead of poking newbies you'll understand. Until then, good luck.

• Downvote 3

10 minutes ago, Valid User Name said:

Translation: Goober is too stupid to come up with a good counter-argument.

Maybe if you buy a couple more cities and start participating in real wars instead of poking newbies you'll understand. Until then, good luck.

You should start charging for your advice. 

Thoughtful advice as such shouldn't be given out for free. 

• Upvote 1

Net damage is a dumb thing to measure anything by.

Fighting hollowed out shells of nations with 5-10 more cities than you is going to almost always be a net loss, especially if you're counting resources spent doing so as "damage" for the opponent. You can't come out ahead on net damage when there's nothing there to destroy.

The real value is in the opportunity cost. Sure, they come out ahead when you twist the stats to show we're spending more to maintain the war than what's available to destroy, but the difference is that we're able to sit here at normal infra levels generating income and building up nearly at peace time levels, while the 20 city, 0 infra nations just sit there being paperweights generating nothing but dust.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 11/3/2019 at 11:45 PM, nippythefish said:

oh are you the one that declared on me that promptly got blockaded?  welcome.  at least you aren't one of these TKR !@#$.

You successfully gathered intelligence about Angst. Your spies discovered that Angst has 0 spies, $101,591.82, 0.00 coal, 0.49 oil, 1,288.30 uranium, 0.00 lead, 4.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 1,219.88 gasoline, 29.03 munitions, 14.25 steel, 1.00 aluminum, and 4,000.00 food.

49ed89f0d314a27a.jpg

?

Edited by Maia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

78be39c24ea9f3a0med.jpg 

4 hours ago, Maia said:

You successfully gathered intelligence about Angst. Your spies discovered that Angst has 0 spies, $101,591.82, 0.00 coal, 0.49 oil, 1,288.30 uranium, 0.00 lead, 4.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 1,219.88 gasoline, 29.03 munitions, 14.25 steel, 1.00 aluminum, and 4,000.00 food.

49ed89f0d314a27a.jpg

?

this chick done whooped my ass

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Of The Flies said:

Net damage is a dumb thing to measure anything by.

I'm not so sure it's that dumb.  IMO wars cost a lot of money, especially when you keep buying your way out of trouble.  As an aside I wonder if you've had any dealings with loan sharks?  Anyway, imo net damage, though not the whole picture, can provide a useful yard-stick to measure relative cost.  For instance, of the 7000+ attacks made against TKR you've managed a whopping great $118 mil net damage!  I do indeed recognize you as a high performing military alliance (for sure you are doing well against an opponent already outnumbered and militarily depleted), though how your exceptional abilities will translate to long term economic management remains to be seen.  Love your work guys, and spare me your notoriously humble responses!!

• Like 1

Celer Et Audax