[MULTIPLE] GOONS On Vacation

Do Not Fear Jaz

7 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Okay, even assuming that what @Curufinwe posted wasn't true (it probably is true) that doesn't change the fact they named their alliance after an order that was responsible for the Crusades. That's mass murder too, with rape and pillaging to boot! All in the name of a phoney religion led by a Pope, Bishops and Priests that have consistently been caught molesting little boys even in the 20th century. Congratulations, you played yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

I even left you links, since you clearly need them.

The Knight Templars isen't responsible for the Crusades, i take it you didn't actually read the wiki articles you posted?

The frist Crusade was started in the year 1096, the Knight Templars was frist founded twenty years later, in 1119. 
And you are also ignoring the fact the Crusades wasen't offensives in nature, they where counter offensives. Launched to hault the muslim invasions of the Orthodox Christian, Byzantine Empire, that had been losing land to invading muslims since the 7th century. The Crusades was a respond to 4 centuries of muslim invasions of christian land.
Here among the region of Levant, that you would better know as the Holy Land. But this wasen't the only region of former christian land they wanted to retake. The Byzatine Empire was able recover Anatolia, modern day Turkey from them, with the helps of the crusades. 

But the Byzantine Empire would eventual fall to the invasion of the Muslim turks, Constantinople, the greatest city on Earth finally fell in 1453, the battle where last Roman emperor would die fighting. 
When the Ottomans brought their new cannons to bear on the cities walls, that had stood for over a thousands years. 

The muslim invasions of Europe was frist finally ended in 1683, at the gates of Vienna. 

The goals of the Crusades was justified, from the Reconquista of Spain to attempt at retaking Levant and the other lost territory in Asia. Even the butchery that 4 Crusade ended up being, had started out on grounds to strengthen the Byzantiums, so they would be in a better position to retake and hold Jerusalem.
And the Church took responsible for that, where the pope excommunicated the entire crusader army.

It is only the Northern Crusades that wasen't justified, that was mainly used as an excuse to take over land and trade routes. And funny enough the Knight Templars didn't take part in it. 

tenor (1).gif

43 minutes ago, Odin said:
We boot when we boot. Our decisions to boot members isn't influenced by NPCs.

Nice altright terminology bud.

But hey, if you want to be known as "the pedo clan" you do you

Edited by Archibald

6 hours ago, CandyShi said:
6 hours ago, Curufinwe said:

is the flag of the Afrika Korps we're discussing.   I

I think removing the swatstika below the palm tree doesn’t change the fact that it’s the source material. 

In that context it does, Pika. The AK flag used has an Iron Cross with "Afrika Korps" written in it and a Palm in the center. The Pic you have posted is a Palm with a swastika. Remove the damn swastika from there and it's a simple palm. 

Source material of the swastika is btw from your home region. ;) 

5 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

I take you haven't read the thread.

I take you can't read at all. Or trying to search for problems where there are none. Where is even your personal problem with AK? I can see why you defend KT, and i help you doing that, but, my dear ex-alliance mate. If you suffer from seizures right now because some pictures on our alliance page are too hardcore, then please contact an admin.

10 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

Bullshit, their name is Afrika Korps. 
If their name was literally anything else it’d be unconnected.

So? I admitted already that AK is connected, right in my first post in this thread here. I also said it's not indictable word anywhere in the world. 

Big surprise, we even have https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_Marshal_Rommel_Barracks,_Augustdorf  Rommel barracks here (still that name, still in use.)

Not everything you assume as bad is actually bad. Do a simple google search for Afrika Korps War Crimes. I see you know how evil the Nazis were, you can read up here then: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_war_crimes_during_World_War_II . Yes, i know, a bit whataboutism, but only throw stones when you're free of sin as well. Ah right, you're Chinese. They were initially allied with the Nazis with support of von Falkenhausen. Current Mainland chinese are practically Nazis, ask anyone from HongKong.

And gg for complaining about the flag design.

image.png.56373ee98e4469b68f5d7bf83adfe1c4.png

It's been said that "it's impossible to ignore the meaning attached to them (images) in modern culture when we're discussing the people and groups who use them."  I've not quoted the poster using the tab because this is meant as a general post.

My argument is that it is actually possible to ignore additional meanings that other people have attached to images and symbols, it is just about recognizing your own personal bias's and how they influence your view on the world.  That is not to say that it's a bad thing to feel revulsion for the nazi's when looking at a swastika, but that does not make a person posting a swastika a nazi.  To dig a little deeper into bias's, we all have them, and they are largely a product of the culture(s) within which we have existed, and not necessarily anything we have control over.  By extension this mandates that we show respect to each-other up until the point where it is unequivocal that another holds a demeaning and wholly unacceptable position or belief, at which unpleasant point it becomes a mod issue and we can exercise our inherent right in life to then ignore that person(s).  At no point ought we sacrifice the higher ground and devolve into name calling or ridicule when dealing with heavy issues such as this.

We are a geographically and culturally spread out group of people on this forum, and associations that we as individuals, or even a large group of us may have with certain imagery are not necessarily globally held.  Targeting a person or group of people based on such flimsy information that we garner from this forum, usually demonstrates an ignorance equal to that inherent in the groups we purportedly (and loudly) detest.  We should all exercise great care before calling out someone as a nazi, racist, homophobe etc. because the implications can be dire for that person.

As an aside I am not a believer in suppressing historical images for the purposes of protecting an individual's sensitivities.  Firstly we can un-link a person's belief system (political or otherwise) from a posted image because the connections you make are subjective (note I did not say untrue), and secondly suppressing images and ideas will not eradicate the past and nor should we be trying to achieve this.  I for one believe the holocaust should be fully remembered in as much detail as possible as an atrociously inhumane part of human history and will acknowledge that it was those specific people involved at the time who held those beliefs and carried out those detestable actions (probably not some dude in PnW Afrika Korps).  And finally none of us should want to miss out on one of life's most important lessons, that the world is an insensitive and unfair place to live, however we must do our utmost at all times to make the best of it (by this I mean 'toughen up princess').

One last thing is that I do hope that people on here are above "cursory google searches", when informing their posts on such a potentially inflammatory issue, as you will find what you seek, but not usually illumination.

Celer Et Audax

Guest Karl VII

Generally Nazi imagery is being used pretty often, online by edgelords offline by actual companies like Disney (The Empire in Star Wars heavily borrows from Nazi aesthetics) and Marvel (Hydra) for "cool looking villians which will earn us a lot of money when we sell merchandise" reasons. I hope i don't have to explain why making fashs look cool is actually not cool at all, especially these days when fashism as an ideology is becoming relevant again. Actually really fricked up. Same goes for Afrika Korps, yes even if they are BK allies. frick em.

Edited by Karl VII

On 10/16/2019 at 12:12 PM, CandyShi said:

And before you default to “hurr KT white supremacist”... I’m Asian. 

Lmfao, and before you default to "hurr AK white supremacist"... I'm black. 

So let's all pull out our race cards.

Edited by Khai Jäger
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, Khai Jäger said:

Lmfao, and before you default to "hurr AK white supremacist"... I'm black. 

So let's all pull out our race cards.

I don't think anybody really cares, considering KT is apparently still racist, white supremacist islamphobes, despite having non-whites and muslims as members.

Given that the popular opinion insisted upon KT is that those people are just self hating, i don't see why you can't be either. Amon from OFA is a black jew, but there were still screencaps of him being 100% serious and praising hitler. 

So, uh, yeah. Stop hating yourself, :P❤️

• Upvote 2

"well, ackshually, if you look at all our nazi imagery in isolation, then each object has a perfectly reasonable non-nazi meaning. did you know the swastika was a hindu symbol long before it became associated with the nsdap? it's just a huge coincidence that we're using all this iconography with links to the nazi regime - we're actually just interested in their completely disparate non-nazi histories, honest!"

• Upvote 5

Guest Viva Miriya

Why do you all suck? Yes you, pubbie.

On 10/16/2019 at 9:20 PM, Etatsorp said:

It's been said that "it's impossible to ignore the meaning attached to them (images) in modern culture when we're discussing the people and groups who use them."  I've not quoted the poster using the tab because this is meant as a general post.

My argument is that it is actually possible to ignore additional meanings that other people have attached to images and symbols, it is just about recognizing your own personal bias's and how they influence your view on the world.  That is not to say that it's a bad thing to feel revulsion for the nazi's when looking at a swastika, but that does not make a person posting a swastika a nazi.  To dig a little deeper into bias's, we all have them, and they are largely a product of the culture(s) within which we have existed, and not necessarily anything we have control over.  By extension this mandates that we show respect to each-other up until the point where it is unequivocal that another holds a demeaning and wholly unacceptable position or belief, at which unpleasant point it becomes a mod issue and we can exercise our inherent right in life to then ignore that person(s).  At no point ought we sacrifice the higher ground and devolve into name calling or ridicule when dealing with heavy issues such as this.

We are a geographically and culturally spread out group of people on this forum, and associations that we as individuals, or even a large group of us may have with certain imagery are not necessarily globally held.  Targeting a person or group of people based on such flimsy information that we garner from this forum, usually demonstrates an ignorance equal to that inherent in the groups we purportedly (and loudly) detest.  We should all exercise great care before calling out someone as a nazi, racist, homophobe etc. because the implications can be dire for that person.

As an aside I am not a believer in suppressing historical images for the purposes of protecting an individual's sensitivities.  Firstly we can un-link a person's belief system (political or otherwise) from a posted image because the connections you make are subjective (note I did not say untrue), and secondly suppressing images and ideas will not eradicate the past and nor should we be trying to achieve this.  I for one believe the holocaust should be fully remembered in as much detail as possible as an atrociously inhumane part of human history and will acknowledge that it was those specific people involved at the time who held those beliefs and carried out those detestable actions (probably not some dude in PnW Afrika Korps).  And finally none of us should want to miss out on one of life's most important lessons, that the world is an insensitive and unfair place to live, however we must do our utmost at all times to make the best of it (by this I mean 'toughen up princess').

One last thing is that I do hope that people on here are above "cursory google searches", when informing their posts on such a potentially inflammatory issue, as you will find what you seek, but not usually illumination.

who the frick are you to be posting up dissertation style bullshit?

5 hours ago, Viva Miriya said:

who the frick are you to be posting up dissertation style bullshit?

I am who I choose to be big man ;) I gather it might be a little hard to understand for some, but that's not my problem.  Have a great day my friend!!

Edited by Etatsorp

Celer Et Audax

Guest Viva Miriya
On 10/20/2019 at 5:50 AM, Etatsorp said:

I am who I choose to be big man ;) I gather it might be a little hard to understand for some, but that's not my problem.  Have a great day my friend!!

lol

On 10/18/2019 at 11:46 AM, MaliciousOnion said:

"well, ackshually, if you look at all our nazi imagery in isolation, then each object has a perfectly reasonable non-nazi meaning. did you know the swastika was a hindu symbol long before it became associated with the nsdap? it's just a huge coincidence that we're using all this iconography with links to the nazi regime - we're actually just interested in their completely disparate non-nazi histories, honest!"

No nazis here, just people roleplaying as Germanic nationalists with edited Third Reich imagery. 

I always find it odd why no one adopts Italian, Venetian, French or even English themes, it’s always Germanic nationalism from 1933 onwards. Not even Prussia gets a mention which would be a far better choice.

• Upvote 1

Untitled.png

1 hour ago, Charles the Tyrant said:

I always find it odd why no one adopts Italian, Venetian, French or even English themes, it’s always Germanic nationalism from 1933 onwards.

I'm not sure how you read Onion's post and still don't know why that is the case. That choice usually isn't a coincidence.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

2 hours ago, Charles the Tyrant said:

No nazis here, just people roleplaying as Germanic nationalists with edited Third Reich imagery. 

I always find it odd why no one adopts Italian, Venetian, French or even English themes, it’s always Germanic nationalism from 1933 onwards. Not even Prussia gets a mention which would be a far better choice.

yes because roleplaying as nazis is better than being nazis and i eagerly await you to explain exactly how that is the case