[MULTIPLE] GOONS On Vacation

Do Not Fear Jaz

1 hour ago, Edward I said:

I've always found it interesting that CN's golden years were mostly when NPO was on top and the first half of its long decline was mostly when NPO wasn't. Whichever playstyle you prefer - the mode associated with NPO, or the mode associated with Mushroom Kingdom (among others) - you  can't claim that the former "killed CN" when years of experience in the game directly contradict that statement.

I said "helped kill CN", obviously there were other factors.  But NPO's tendancies towards creating hegemonic super-blocs, maintaining said blocs for years, and drawing out wars and posturing over terms win or lose, all had a major role to play in killing CN and it's doing the same here.

GnWq7CW.png

5 minutes ago, Azaghul said:

I said "helped kill CN", obviously there were other factors.  But NPO's tendancies towards creating hegemonic super-blocs, maintaining said blocs for years, and drawing out wars and posturing over terms win or lose, all had a major role to play in killing CN and it's doing the same here.

When NPO was at its peak, CN had 40,000 players, compared to the roughly 5k actives in PnW right now. When NPO fell, the game had 32,000 players. When the MK hegemony fell, we had 12000 players.

It's funny, because I don't remember if you were there for the UJP (of which MK was a part) era, but you definitely were in MK when the NPO hegemony fell.

I'll put it another way. I'm not scared of NPO. I've taken them down or been involved in taking them down, hell, I've even solo-ed the NPO before and won. What is really scary is your hegemony, which we've spent years working against.

You guys have basically been running a crypto-hegemony with NPO being painted as the major threat, while you were the guys in control of the game. We are taking it down, and you're accusing us of being the hegemonists. Wonderful.

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Since most goons care more about their paid Something Awful membership; most care about that more than these games & just play for lulz. So highly skeptical of these reports being serious complaints, unless those making them are to !@#$ to click leave alliance. Incredibly easy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Since most goons care more about their paid Something Awful membership; most care about that more than these games & just play for lulz. So highly skeptical of these reports being serious complaints, unless those making them are to !@#$ to click leave alliance. Incredibly easy.

It's easily fabricatable. All you have to do is to get another Arrghie to send you a message with the content, then censor it and claim it comes from GOONS.

GOONS is essentially invite-only anyways, as it's a SA GOON invasion alliance. GOONS is actually scarier than NPO, and like NPO, they get bored relatively quickly when they're winning. The difference is that GOONS is better at breaking games than NPO is, and GOONS gets bored of winning games faster than NPO does. When GOONS lost their hegemony, their Gov was busy playing Miniputt while their OPFOR was chasing FA contacts.

When TKR tries to characterize GOONS as a CN invasion alliance, that's far from the truth. GOONS is everywhere, IIRC, Goonswarm was one of the most powerful alliances in EVE Online.

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Just now, Inst said:

It's easily fabricatable. All you have to do is to get another Arrghie to send you a message with the content, then censor it and claim it comes from GOONS.

GOONS is essentially invite-only anyways, as it's a SA GOON invasion alliance. GOONS is actually scarier than NPO, and like NPO, they get bored relatively quickly when they're winning. The difference is that GOONS is better at breaking games than NPO is, and GOONS gets bored of winning games faster than NPO does.

When TKR tries to characterize GOONS as a CN invasion alliance, that's far from the truth. GOONS is everywhere, IIRC, Goonswarm was one of the most powerful alliances in EVE Online.

Well, most did come from the latest GOONs incarnation from CN. Same type of game, although not wrong on them being an invasion alliance in general. Although where they are from doesn’t matter much.

3 minutes ago, Inst said:

GOONS is essentially invite-only anyways, as it's a SA GOON invasion alliance. GOONS is actually scarier than NPO, and like NPO, they get bored relatively quickly when they're winning. The difference is that GOONS is better at breaking games than NPO is, and GOONS gets bored of winning games faster than NPO does. When GOONS lost their hegemony, their Gov was busy playing Miniputt while their OPFOR was chasing FA contacts.

We beat everyone at Miniputt, too.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Robot Santa said:

7 pages of reported content to review when I log in... whew.

General reminder to keep conversations on-topic, civilized, and chill. This serves as everyone's verbal warning.

Just start locking 'em down robot man, these things have long since hit meta-Godwin. I know I'm not gonna bother trudging further into any of these.

Protip for anyone bored stiff of the bullshit: Click the speech balloons to mark the section "read" and then you don't have to read all the indefensible crap anymore! (And if there's one thing everyone agrees on, it's that the other guys are full of indefensible crap that isn't worth reading.)

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Edward I said:

I've always found it interesting that CN's golden years were mostly when NPO was on top and the first half of its long decline was mostly when NPO wasn't. Whichever playstyle you prefer - the mode associated with NPO, or the mode associated with Mushroom Kingdom (among others) - you  can't claim that the former "killed CN" when years of experience in the game directly contradict that statement.

The first half of cns long decline was before karma ever started lol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Azaghul said:

That was hardly his main point.  It's about a pattern.  The biggest issue is that NPO brought over the same shitty playstyle and culture that they had in CN and that helped kill CN.

I'm glad y'all are here and hope I get some good wars out of it this round.  

Yes yes, because alliances dealing with security threats somehow kills games. I guess we're all at fault then! 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Nobody Expects said:

Welcome GOONS, enjoy your vacation!

Thanks! Having a wonderful time, as you can tell. Getting to tan my feathers.

7 hours ago, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

We beat everyone at Miniputt, too.

I miss Miniputt! Please give us Miniputt.

• Upvote 1

2CmeZXo.gif

I was beating them to much at baseball; so got on the goons baseball cartel blockade thingy. :P

Although anyone who wants freedom to play baseball whoever they want, almost no taxes and freedom; Kingsglaive does accept new members who are fearless.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum
  • Downvote 4

On 10/3/2019 at 12:55 AM, Inst said:

When NPO was at its peak, CN had 40,000 players, compared to the roughly 5k actives in PnW right now. When NPO fell, the game had 32,000 players. When the MK hegemony fell, we had 12000 players.

It's funny, because I don't remember if you were there for the UJP (of which MK was a part) era, but you definitely were in MK when the NPO hegemony fell.

I'll put it another way. I'm not scared of NPO. I've taken them down or been involved in taking them down, hell, I've even solo-ed the NPO before and won. What is really scary is your hegemony, which we've spent years working against.

You guys have basically been running a crypto-hegemony with NPO being painted as the major threat, while you were the guys in control of the game. We are taking it down, and you're accusing us of being the hegemonists. Wonderful.

Emc clap dat ass

On 10/3/2019 at 1:45 AM, Robot Santa said:

7 pages of reported content to review when I log in... whew.

General reminder to keep conversations on-topic, civilized, and chill. This serves as everyone's verbal warning.

Thank got robots don't tire. Have a battery. 

os9LcJK.gif

22 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I was beating them to much at baseball; so got on the goons baseball cartel blockade thingy. :P

Although anyone who wants freedom to play baseball whoever they want, almost no taxes and freedom; Kingsglaive does accept new members who are fearless.

!@#$ you just said you were embargoing us how is that free

5 hours ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Welcome, and congrats on your new treaty to BK! Amused to see you reverse-course on the anime nazi thing so quickly.

looking at some of your coalition partners

Hmmm yes good comment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, Comrade Marx said:

looking at some of your coalition partners

Hmmm yes good comment.

Hah! I see you've brought out your upvote brigade. Did I hit a sore spot?

Happening to share a coalition with certain people after fighting them is not the same as signing people who have gone out of their way to defend an alliance that basically doesn't have an identity outside of being cheating nazis.

My point was that it took you very little time to perjure yourselves on one of the very few things you purported to care about. You're new to the game. You can do whatever you wanted, and this is what you chose. That has nothing to do with me and everything to do with you.

And this will be the last I comment on it, because obviously you've little good faith to offer. Cheers.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs