[MULTIPLE] GOONS On Vacation

Do Not Fear Jaz

2 hours ago, Big Brother said:

. I know people who consider Stalin/gulag memes to be classic too but I bet you wouldn't hesitate to shriek about how communists killed millions if someone shared one of those

On the contrary. They are classic as well. But it's so very different when you have people lashing out as some of your friends have. Lot's of ooc insults and acts. I'm no Nazi. My opinion matters, just like yours, because we are all equal. Comparing me to being a kulak that needs to be delt with is wrong, especially given that it's a part of my family history. It's like saying

I'm not commenting on communism because of the meme. I'm commenting because you are promoting yourselves as communists irl to a game community, being strong believers and proud enough about it to plaster it to a community that doesn't need to know your irl ideologies. I believe that's wrong, because all former communists before you have failed... Causing the extermination of millions. I don't want that to happen ever again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, Lycus said:

On the contrary. They are classic as well. But it's so very different when you have people lashing out as some of your friends have. Lot's of ooc insults and acts. I'm no Nazi. My opinion matters, just like yours, because we are all equal. Comparing me to being a kulak that needs to be delt with is wrong, especially given that it's a part of my family history. It's like saying

I'm not commenting on communism because of the meme. I'm commenting because you are promoting yourselves as communists irl to a game community, being strong believers and proud enough about it to plaster it to a community that doesn't need to know your irl ideologies. I believe that's wrong, because all former communists before you have failed... Causing the extermination of millions. I don't want that to happen ever again.

do you think anybody buys this or

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Lycus said:

You're in an alliance named after a nazi expeditionary force. No one is going to believe you're not a nazi.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Lycus said:

https://youtu.be/D-OGsSb0BPU

10 minutes ago, Lycus said:

I'm no Nazi. 

Greetings, nazi scum that is most definitely a nazi seeing as they are a member of a group not only named after a nazi group but is covered in nazi imagery that predates Sniper Elite by multiple decades!

Didn't your mother ever teach you not to lie? Or were you ignoring her to focus entirely on animated cartoons? Seeing as your ethics system is as shallow as a Saturday morning breakfast cereal showing, I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually the case. However, back in my day, Saturday morning breakfast cereal cartoons didn't promote genocidal dictators like Hitler and his Nazi party. I wonder where we went so wrong with the youth? My assistant Brigsby says that this "anime" you speak of is some foreign creation that seeks to corrupt the youth into leading a life of loneliness supplemented by the feeling of belonging granted by the classic Sitcom style "self-insertion". I do hear that people who are really fond of these "anime" will post stories using plagarized characters from said anime on this new fangled Internette thing, and that it's called "fan-fiction". Will you post your clearly false origin story that's as real as fan-fiction here some more, or will you drop this charade and just admit you're a nazi so we can stop playing this silly game?

Your grand leader shot himself in a bunker in a hazy drugfilled panic because he was an old, crippled insane monster of an old man and had severe drug problems,

Undersecretary to the Office of PILOT EMERIUS, SUPREME CHAIRMAN OF THE GOONLAND COMMUNIST PARTY
Supreme Mugwump of the House of Foreign Affairs, Tobacco, and Firearms
Stairs To The House Of Prosperity Board Member
Chief Executive Officer of Builders League United
Blutarch Mann

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

7 hours ago, Smith said:

For those who wonder "Why do people reference the NPO from C N? Shouldn't that not matter in PnW?"

I'd like to point out the title of this treaty is a direct reference to the treaty GOONS and NPO had in C N. Specifically it is a reference to the peak of NPOs hegemony where they would go so far as to install Viceroys in opposing alliances. The image of a boot stomping on an enemy is also from that era.

Combine that with the ODN and Polaris ties which were both directly lifted from C N to PnW and then combine that with the consistent influx of C N recruits they bring you can probably start to see the problem.

With that said there are plenty of problems with NPO's actions just in PnW that could be focused on but this is still something worth pointing out

The NPO was never in the Unjust Path in CN. That was also 12 years ago. A harmless reference as a treaty title between two long standing off-site communities with some shared history is nothing to get riled about. But if that is what motivates you to get up in the morning, then that's your prerogative.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

55 minutes ago, Lycus said:

Don't care who you are OOC.  IC you are a clearly a nazweeb, and confirmed as such with your posts itt.  Your attempts to 'hide your power level' are embarrassing.

If you are truly concerned with being lumped in with the wrong kind of people perhaps you should rethink your associations.

Edited by Sardonic
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Archibald said:

do you think anybody buys this or

40 minutes ago, Khris Kruel said:

You're in an alliance named after a nazi expeditionary force. No one is going to believe you're not a nazi.

20 minutes ago, Blutarch Mann said:

Greetings, nazi scum that is most definitely a nazi seeing as they are a member of a group not only named after a nazi group but is covered in nazi imagery that predates Sniper Elite by multiple decades!

Didn't your mother ever teach you not to lie? Or were you ignoring her to focus entirely on animated cartoons? Seeing as your ethics system is as shallow as a Saturday morning breakfast cereal showing, I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually the case. However, back in my day, Saturday morning breakfast cereal cartoons didn't promote genocidal dictators like Hitler and his Nazi party. I wonder where we went so wrong with the youth? My assistant Brigsby says that this "anime" you speak of is some foreign creation that seeks to corrupt the youth into leading a life of loneliness supplemented by the feeling of belonging granted by the classic Sitcom style "self-insertion". I do hear that people who are really fond of these "anime" will post stories using plagarized characters from said anime on this new fangled Internette thing, and that it's called "fan-fiction". Will you post your clearly false origin story that's as real as fan-fiction here some more, or will you drop this charade and just admit you're a nazi so we can stop playing this silly game?

Your grand leader shot himself in a bunker in a hazy drugfilled panic because he was an old, crippled insane monster of an old man and had severe drug problems,

Undersecretary to the Office of PILOT EMERIUS, SUPREME CHAIRMAN OF THE GOONLAND COMMUNIST PARTY
Supreme Mugwump of the House of Foreign Affairs, Tobacco, and Firearms
Stairs To The House Of Prosperity Board Member
Chief Executive Officer of Builders League United
Blutarch Mann

You all should hear yourselves. Your leader, Do Not Fear Jazz, was Afrika Korps leader and a comrade since the founding of her nation.

What did my friend ever do to you? 

As an Afrikan, I will not tolerate your racism and clear attacks against my brothers. In the name of diversity and equality, Afrika Korps stands under our Kriegsherr. We promote a Capitalist Afrika in our lands, the one of the few communists approve of is Comrade @Deus Vult. He was our IA.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jaeger said:

You all should hear yourselves. Your leader, Do Not Fear Jazz, was Afrika Korps leader and a comrade since the founding of her nation.

What did my friend ever do to you? 

As an Afrikan, I will not tolerate your racism and clear attacks against my brothers. In the name of diversity and equality, Afrika Korps stands under our Kriegsherr. We promote a Capitalist Afrika in our lands, the one of the few communists approve of is Comrade @Deus Vult. He was our IA.

You're a nazi, you have no moral high ground to stand on

6 minutes ago, Sardonic said:

Don't care who you are OOC.  IC you are a clearly a nazweeb, and confirmed as such with your posts itt.  Your attempts to 'hide your power level' are embarrassing.

If you are truly concerned with being lumped in with the wrong kind of people perhaps you should rethink your associations.

Weak. 

Just now, Khris Kruel said:

You're a nazi, you have no moral high ground to stand on

Prove it. 

1 minute ago, Jaeger said:

Weak. 

Prove it. 

3 minutes ago, Jaeger said:

Edited by Khris Kruel
  • Downvote 1

Correct, if he were an actual nazi, he would've stayed in Afrika Korps. Since he is now out of Africa Korps, that shows how much he hates being around nazis.

Nazis are in nazi alliances. Embrace It is not in a nazi alliance. Therefore, not a nazi.

• Downvote 3

9 hours ago, Smith said:

For those who wonder "Why do people reference the NPO from C N? Shouldn't that not matter in PnW?"

I'd like to point out the title of this treaty is a direct reference to the treaty GOONS and NPO had in C N. Specifically it is a reference to the peak of NPOs hegemony where they would go so far as to install Viceroys in opposing alliances. The image of a boot stomping on an enemy is also from that era.

Combine that with the ODN and Polaris ties which were both directly lifted from C N to PnW and then combine that with the consistent influx of C N recruits they bring you can probably start to see the problem.

With that said there are plenty of problems with NPO's actions just in PnW that could be focused on but this is still something worth pointing out

I thought you said you didn't like talking CN? Well, you got it wrong.

https://cybernations.fandom.com/wiki/The_Unjust_Path

3 hours ago, Contra Calculus said:

Here in the anarcho-syndicalist corner, we got literature you can read right now for free:

https://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/petr-kropotkin-the-conquest-of-bread

kropotkin-good-morning-hustlers-lets-get

2 hours ago, Azaghul said:

Infinite Citadel has sadly left this world.

OOC: For RL reasons, he has some great RL opportunities and can't afford P&W as a distraction any more. 

Honestly none of us can afford it, yet here we are.

6 hours ago, Lycus said:

I've shown you civility and respect, do I not get the same?

Technically, posting memes about killing you would be exactly within your definition of civility and respect. Don't cry to the mods because you can't handle the heat from the fire you started.

• Upvote 3

I always find it funny that the first page in the reactionary handbook is to call for "civil discourse" while simultaneously dehumanizing their opposition.

• Upvote 1

sigsize_od.gif
ONE WORLD OR NONE
CyberNations veteran, Co-Pilot Emeritus
Hambassidor (Head Ambassador (Minister of Foreign Affairs)), Head of the Ministry of Log Dumping, GOONS

3 hours ago, Comrade Marx said:

The NPO was never in the Unjust Path in CN. That was also 12 years ago. A harmless reference as a treaty title between two long standing off-site communities with some shared history is nothing to get riled about. But if that is what motivates you to get up in the morning, then that's your prerogative.

That was hardly his main point.  It's about a pattern.  The biggest issue is that NPO brought over the same shitty playstyle and culture that they had in CN and that helped kill CN.

I'm glad y'all are here and hope I get some good wars out of it this round.  

GnWq7CW.png

11 minutes ago, Azaghul said:

That was hardly his main point.  It's about a pattern.  The biggest issue is that NPO brought over the same shitty playstyle and culture that they had in CN and that helped kill CN.

GOONS and NPO culture could not be anymore different. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

GOONS and NPO culture could not be anymore different. 

I agree.  As I said I'm glad y'all are here.

I was criticizing NPO, not GOONS.

Edited by Azaghul
  • Upvote 1
GnWq7CW.png

13 minutes ago, Azaghul said:

I've always found it interesting that CN's golden years were mostly when NPO was on top and the first half of its long decline was mostly when NPO wasn't. Whichever playstyle you prefer - the mode associated with NPO, or the mode associated with Mushroom Kingdom (among others) - you  can't claim that the former "killed CN" when years of experience in the game directly contradict that statement.

Guest San Fortunado
1 hour ago, JT Jag said:

I always find it funny that the first page in the reactionary handbook is to call for "civil discourse" while simultaneously dehumanizing their opposition.

You'll do well in GOONS.